DiO

Funniest TV show?

icon11.gif

All the talk in the other topic about Ted and saying how family guy went down hill got me thinking what are the funniest TV shows.

Family Guy used to be up there but now they're are pumping out crap. Simpsons is probably worse for this.

South Park is Still pretty strong. The latest 2 seasons have bin a bit weaker than the 2 before but it is still pretty consistent.

I think the two shows that have me laughing every episode is Tosh.O and The Ricky Gervais Show. Both far different platforms than the usual comedy but they're really fucking funny.

Tosh, I'd say. This last season of South Park was great, leaps and bounds better than the previous season, when everyone thought they were pulling the plug on it.

I would fist Daniel Tosh, purely out of respect.

I have to say I prefer The Soup with Joel McHale to Tosh.0, but I've also never been a big fan of Daniel Tosh. My favorite show, I started a topic about, and that would be Mystery Science Theater 3000. The premise is great, a mad scientist launches some loser that works for him into space and forces him to watch the worst movies known to mankind, and to survive said loser makes some robots to riff on the movies with him to keep his sanity. That show ran for a decade, changed up the entire main cast and still makes me laugh, even though it's been off the air since 1999.

Other favorites of mine are:

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

Community

Trailer Park Boys

Extras (it's one the best shows about showbiz)

30 Rock

The Simpsons (seasons 2-8 only)

Louie

Archer

The Office (UK)

Monty Python's Flying Circus

South Park

Workaholics

The DIck Van Dyke Show

News Radio

So that's my thoughts. Hope I gave you something new to look at.

The simpsons and south park is all i have ever watched from that list.

The best comedy in the UK, is the Inbetweeners to me.

I like an

Idiot Abroad.

Fresh Meat.

Then old shows

Keeping up appearances.

One foot in the grave

Jonathan Creek

Etc

Friends

Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother

The Thick Of It

Inbetweeners

Peep Show

Only Fools And Horses

Yes Minister

Dads Army

Porridge

The Mighty Boosh!

Honourable mentions:

South Park

The Office (UK and US) but not extras. Fuck extras.

League of Gentlemen has its moments but I think everything aside from the first two seasons is really crap.

Has anybody seen balls of steel? It's pretty good. Annoying Devil is my personal favourite. Followed by Randy Cambell (Season 1 only)

Beavis and Butthead is STILL just as good as it used to be. Mike Judge is a genius, I like Daria but it's not as good.

Anybody from the UK and has Seen Phoenix Nights will attest to how good this is. Peter Kay is a genius.

IT crowd is good and you don't need to much knowledge to understand it.

Oh and finally, Trailer Park Boys. No introduction necessary.

Shit! Forgot to mention Never Mind The Buzzcocks. The Mark Lamarr and Bill Bailey years.

Technically it was a quiz show, still hilarious.

Black Books was cool too.

The simpsons and south park is all i have ever watched from that list.

The best comedy in the UK, is the Inbetweeners to me.

I like an

Idiot Abroad.

Fresh Meat.

Then old shows

Keeping up appearances.

One foot in the grave

Jonathan Creek

Etc

I love Idiot Abroad. They show it here in the US. I also like South Park. Really those are the only two comedy shows I've gotten into. Tosh.0 I watch here and there,

I'm more into the realistic shows like NYC 22, SouthLAnd, Downton Abbey, Walking Dead, etc.

There is nothing even remotely funny about Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of the world. I would rather have five more Holocausts than one more season of Jersey Shore.

• Like 4

League of Gentlemen has its moments but I think everything aside from the first two seasons is really crap.

Has anybody seen balls of steel? It's pretty good. Annoying Devil is my personal favourite. Followed by Randy Cambell (Season 1 only)

Yes, League of Gentleman isn't funny in a funny sort of way, it's funny in a dark perverse way. Massy would probably like it. It's on GOLD on Thursday nights now. (Oh, and they only made three series, so the first two are the majority of it.) I saw a few Balls of Steel episodes, the earlier series I think - was aiiight. Fonejacker and Trigger Happy TV have probably made me laugh the most spontaneously though.

That's without mentioning the obvious British sitcoms; Only Fools, Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Open All Hours, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, Allo Allo, Bottom, The Young Ones.

I used to like the Simpsons, but only the classic series up to about 9, I have 6,7, 8 & 9 on DVD. But I prefer Futurama TBH, well I haven't seen any of the new episodes yet.

Yes, League of Gentleman isn't funny in a funny sort of way, it's funny in a dark perverse way. Massy would probably like it. It's on GOLD on Thursday nights now. (Oh, and they only made three series, so the first two are the majority of it.) I saw a few Balls of Steel episodes, the earlier series I think - was aiiight. Fonejacker and Trigger Happy TV have probably made me laugh the most spontaneously though.

That's without mentioning the obvious British sitcoms; Only Fools, Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Open All Hours, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, Allo Allo, Bottom, The Young Ones.

Yeah with LoG I was talking more about the movie and the Xmas special. I hate them with a passion.

I have some fond memories of trigger happy as a kid, aswell as some of the others you mentioned, particuarly Only fools, Open all hours (G-G-G-GRANVILLE!), Blackadder, Red Dwarf and the young ones.

Don't spose you'd mind passing judgement on Extras at all? I thought it was total trash and some of Gervais's worst material.

The boondocks.

The Boondocks is good but at times it seems too politically charged. I understand it gives commentary on some political or social events but the creator seems to be trying to hard sometimes. Regardless I wouldn't mind another season.

Somebody mentioned community up there as well. brilliant program.

Don't spose you'd mind passing judgement on Extras at all? I thought it was total trash and some of Gervais's worst material.

I don't watch anything with Ricky Gervais in, he pisses me off. The only thing I did watch was An Idiot Abroad, he even pissed me off in that with his stupid laugh despite only having a minor role.

Anyone ever see smack the pony back in the day?

I like fonejacker and face jacker.

Trollied is pretty funny.

Yeah I remember Smack the Pony, one of those shows that used to be on late on Channel 4, I used to watch it when I was about 8 and never understood the humour... for the obvious reasons. Aside from the fact they were women.

Oh, that reminded me of Green Wing, it has some of the women in it that were in that too. That was quite funny because it was so bizarre.

Goddamn, there are some really good shows mentioned that I completely forgot about, Young Ones and Spaced being my favorites. They were going to remake Spaced over here in the States. Thank goodness that fell through. I got to meet Simon Pegg when they finally released it on DVD in 2008 over here. He came around the corner of the theater they were screening a few episodes, and I yelled, "Hey!" at him. He yelled, "Hey!" right back and gave me a hug like he knew who the fuck I was. That's one classy dude. Or bloke, I should say.

I cannot bring myself to watch 30 Rock. I want Tina Fey to die cold and alone, knowing that she has never been funny or useful to the world.

I gotta disagree with you Massa. She's as funny as a dog humping a drunk passed out on the street. But she will die cold and alone. I've been working on those plans far too long to give up now.

I don't watch anything with Ricky Gervais in, he pisses me off. The only thing I did watch was An Idiot Abroad, he even pissed me off in that with his stupid laugh despite only having a minor role.

If U think Karl is funny you have to watch the Ricky Gervais show. IDK why its called the Ricky Gervias show. the show revolves around talking to Karl.

The Ricky Gervais show is good. I love the goat for christmas one, always makes me laugh. I actually have season 1 on dvd somewhere.

• Like 2