Guest Marney-1

That article is complete bullshit gta 5 going to suck because bigger maps,better driving and a sillier storyline that some of the reason why the game going be great

Which article are you talking about?

it's a post that said 10 reasons gta5 will suck and it had the link to the website and it was saying that a bigger map and plane will be bad for gta

Okay but that's in a different thread, hardly on topic here is it. This is about the two new screenshots.

I felt like doing some topography :P

Mountains.

landscapearoundls02.jpg

I don't quite get this picture.

there's only one mountain line in this picture, about the 1/4th of the right.

everything else looks more like the upper edge of evening fog/smog to me, look around the setting sun, it has too faded edges.

also it wouldn't make sense in a geographical perspective as the plane flies east to west over Los Santos and as it represents LA, there's supposed to be water.

There is definitively some sort of geometry here. If i adjust the exposure and gamma of this image, you can make something out. Cloud formations always look flat underside on horizon lines,as it's the vanishing point. fog doesn't make shapes either. The center is hard to tell, that cold be sea. But either side there is geo.

landscapearoundlsgeo.jpg

landscapearoundlsgeo2.jpg

But hey, this is just speculations, Dio has the facts.

Also After looking at the new screenshot with the helicopter again, there is clearly sea in the background. Look at the position of the downtown buildings, then look at them in the screencap you highlighted, the sea is/should be behind the camera...

Those screens are looking pretty good :) Sucks Rockstar said there won't be a new trailer or screenshot for a while yet.. I do kind of agree with their point about leaving surprises until you play the game. It just makes the game that much more enjoyable once you play it. So although lots of people are furious at the lack of GTA 5 news they should keep in mind rockstar doesn't want fans to know too much before the game even comes out. :)

Also After looking at the new screenshot with the helicopter again, there is clearly sea in the background. Look at the position of the downtown buildings, then look at them in the screencap you highlighted, the sea is/should be behind the camera...

no it's not behind the camera, I guess you're a little confused with the respective points of view.

look at these two images I fiddled with:

27690947.jpg

70697963.jpg

comparing the marked buildings (and many other buldings visible in both pictures), you can determine the direction of sight in the new screenshot, I marked the approximate direction with the arrow in the old picture.

taking this into account, what you identified (correctly) as sealine in the new screenshot, would be about where I put the blue line in the old picture.

now, what I circled red, at least for the middle and the right, can be clearly identified as clouds. comparing the edges of these with the red circled thing on the left, I come to the conclusion that this is most likely a cloud aswell.

Also, a similar thing is missing in the new screenshot which has a much further draw distance and therefore - again considering the perspective - should show something in the center-right area if it was a ground feature like a mountain range.

EDIT: if you want, take a look at the downtown towers aswell and count them through in both pictures.

the new screenshot has the westin bonaventure in front of the library tower in front of the construction tower

in the old picture, the same order goes right to left

• Like 1

no it's not behind the camera, I guess you're a little confused with the respective points of view.

look at these two images I fiddled with:

27690947.jpg

70697963.jpg

comparing the marked buildings (and many other buldings visible in both pictures), you can determine the direction of sight in the new screenshot, I marked the approximate direction with the arrow in the old picture.

taking this into account, what you identified (correctly) as sealine in the new screenshot, would be about where I put the blue line in the old picture.

now, what I circled red, at least for the middle and the right, can be clearly identified as clouds. comparing the edges of these with the red circled thing on the left, I come to the conclusion that this is most likely a cloud aswell.

Also, a similar thing is missing in the new screenshot which has a much further draw distance and therefore - again considering the perspective - should show something in the center-right area if it was a ground feature like a mountain range.

Yeah i was slightly off, i tried to visualize the position using downtown too, but maybe not so well :P. I think the sealine could perhaps continue along to the left side of the screencap. I'm hoping it's not going to be Los Santos surrounded by mountains and only 1 or 2 linear drivable paths/roads out of the basin.

official-gtav-screenshot-1.jpg

I've just noticed that on the helicopter their seems to be winch on the side for ropes so cops can rappel down.

It's right above the open door.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it is, it's to hold the line of rope for the cops while rappelling down and you can also tell by it's rounded shape.

(The black part) Otherwise if it weren't that it would be practically useless piece of metal hanging off the side of the chopper.

Guest Marney-1

I'm pretty sure it is, it's to hold the line of rope for the cops while rappelling down and you can also tell by it's rounded shape.

(The black part) Otherwise if it weren't that it would be practically useless piece of metal hanging off the side of the chopper.

I'm not doubting it is a winch, I'd expect to see something a little more bulky with a motor attached.

I'm not doubting it is a winch, I'd expect to see something a little more bulky with a motor attached.

Yeah, I'd also expect see something more like that, but I don't think they would go that deep into detail,

but who knows.

Let's hope it's a winch, and let's hope we can use it multiplayer. That would be, for the lack of a better phrase, fucking rad.

One of your friends pilot while you're rappelling down, shooting at people with an Uzi lol.

Guest Marney-1

If anyone (Dup) with photoshop or other image program wants to figure out what the name on the tail of the copter says, go ahead. I'm not on my own computer right now.

Something like "PEAKAGE" but it's faint.

police

Yeah we figured it said POLICE a while ago.

Welcome to iGTA5.

Just so no one else needs to point it out, others posted that it is "POLICE" and when I got back on my own computer later that night I confirmed it to myself. -_-

Now, back to the reason I came in here:

post-3-0-69935200-1342311288_thumb.png

Updated the GTA 5 Landmark page as well. Still looking at Bing/Google maps...