I'm pretty sure we're still a little way off from release given the fact that for any 'normal' game Rockstar makes, there's about 3 years of development time involved... They were already working on V when they were working on RDR and MP3. This is their biggest game yet so I'll gladly let them work for another year... This will be the pinnacle of current gen technology.

yeah has anyone noticed the buggy trees lol.

I'ma pretend it's the LA heat distorting them. That's all.

:ermm:

To be fair, they are badly anti-aliased if at all, but at least they look more realistic than that of the trees in GTA IV...

yeah has anyone noticed the buggy trees lol.

I'ma pretend it's the LA heat distorting them. That's all.

:ermm:

To be fair, they are badly anti-aliased if at all, but at least they look more realistic than that of the trees in GTA IV...

Oh God. Just two vague orange circles put together in an even vaguer cross-shape.

what does anti-aliased mean? the trees look jaggy round the edges, im not worried about that, doesn't bother me, but that pic zoomed in has just two giant blobs of green for trees

actually not retarded, you can see the two green blobs when image is viewed fully without zooming in. so nothing to do with zoomed in

Yeah you're right. It's probably a LOD (level of detail)/viewing distance bug. For an officially released screenshot you would expect them to polish them a bit and make sure nothing like this makes it through. But meh, it wont stop me from play it ;)

Actually I wasNT talking about the trees.. Iam talking about dbag that knows everything about next gen.. and the "proof"

So..this is what it's come too, we've been waiting that long that we have all gone absolutely senile and started judging Trees?

Anyway the the screen shoots look great (Got the second one as my desktop wallpaper) and I'd say I can't wait, but to be honest, I can wait, If it means them getting it perfect I have all the time in the world.

• Like 2

hopefully this is start of the phasing out of max payne 3, I don't expect any more info or screens until late august of september. since they plan on releasing more screens.

Rockstar has some way about them that they can get almost the entire gaming community to look at 2 screenshots. Amazing.

I can't wait to play this game, definitely my next day one purchase.

There's no way it will be a next gen game and there's even less of a chance it's even close to being done. That's why there hasn't been any info. They didn't do themselves any favors releasing that first trailer so soon though that's for sure.

Anyone else notice that their are pink colored trees with palm trees? Im not from the beach, but when I see those trees with pink leaves it makes me think of spring and shit not beach.

Anyone else notice that their are pink colored trees with palm trees? Im not from the beach, but when I see those trees with pink leaves it makes me think of spring and shit not beach.

I dont think that pic is near the beach. It looks like a pond in a suburban home complex. What really gets mee tho is the first pic....That is probably only a 4th of the city and we cant even see no countyside. This game is going to be MASSIVE.

• Like 1

I dont think that pic is near the beach. It looks like a pond in a suburban home complex. What really gets mee tho is the first pic....That is probably only a 4th of the city and we cant even see no countyside. This game is going to be MASSIVE.

that's the country club down the street from vine wood sign and they could have changing seasons:)

Rockstar was doing at question and answer here you go

official-gtav-screenshot-1.jpg

official-gtav-screenshot-2.jpg

http://www.igta5.com...a-5-screenshots

I'm already thinking what's over that bridge, hope it's not blocked off due to a terrorism scare.

Knowing Rockstar it might but then again the might just put mountains and be like you cant cross but even then this games having planes do it might just be a Island State Again

Guest Marney-1

This building looks quite distinctive.

igta5_Screencap1.png

Anyone recognise it, live in L.A. or good with Google Earth?

I think the GTA 5 Landmarks and Other Buildings page might end up quite long.

Edit: Look at the size of those fucking palm trees!!!

Edited by Marney-1

i don't mind seeing the rough edges on the shadows and textures at the moment... i think they're trying to tell the ones that scour every inch of the image that they're still a ways away from announcing a release date... they're just throwing us a bone for now, i don't think we really need to dissect the graphics right now...

the environment though, so far, still shows an island... R* could still be hiding the east side of the map from us right now... they've shown a lot of sunsets, but not a lot of sunrises... does that bridge lead toward san diego, or mexico?!?

I felt like doing some topography :P

From these three images, we can clearly see the landscape around LS. I'm not here to say how big it is, i'm just pointing out what sort of sandbox space we can see already from one trailer and one screen shot...

Sea line?:

landscapearoundls01.jpg

Mountains.

landscapearoundls02.jpg

Mountains and sea line?

landscapearoundls03.jpg

daaaaammmmmnnnn.... dup pointed out a good observation too, the mountain/sea-line scenario...