No.

No, no, no, no, nonononononono.

And furthermore: NO!

It's pointless, stupid, and adds nothing. What would prison do? Break the flow of the story if you're into that, and break the flow of gameplay six ways from Sunday.

They tried it in Mafia II and I didn't like it then, and I wouldn't like it now if Rockstar shoehorned it into GTA V.

• Like 8

i don't think this would be pretty fun for the gameplay...but probaly one mission where you are in a prison and have to break out....just like this mission in Mafia II

I think it would be totally awesome to have a huge building you cant enter surrounded by a huge fields surrrounded by a nine foot high concrete wall/barbeire. Great Map filler!!!

Also, you dont generally get bailrd out of prison.

• Like 1

I'd like a giant prison and police stations in the game that you can enter, would be cool. However I do agree that the whole arrest thing could be improved, could be made more fun in a lot of ways.

A mission where you have to break out of prison would be pretty sweet, but thats all.

Entering a prison would be fun like you could sorta do in VC.

I could see the prison thing working if its kinda like this .... if you get arrested by the police it shows a little cutscene with your lawyer in a courtroom then you get released but if you get caught by the cops within 30 in game days then you'll go to prison for a while depending on what you did and the charges against you

That would get annoying fast and Rockstar wouldn't do it anyway. This isn't the Sims. Rockstar wants us out in the world doing missions and exploring all the work they put into the game. Not sitting inside a building every day.

• Like 1

prison would be good you get an imate uniform go on prison breaks to sharpen skills i know how trickey rockstar makes prison breaks would make good practis.

[and los santos stokaid

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 4

Ya, No. Prison would deffinantly suck. It would waste time, map space, time creationg it, money creating it, and it just would be a hastle to be thrown in the clinker everytime you do somthing bad. I think a mission where you break outa prison would be awesome, but it SHOULD NOT be in the actual map. it should be somewhere else ( like how in gta SA they made Saint marks bistro in LC) they would have to do that. Making a spot in the map for some stupid prison would be a waste. So if they make a sub map, and make it a mission. THEN it could be possible.

it would be pretty cool if at some point in the story the main guy goes to jail and then we have to do a few mission in prison where you can roam about certain areas like the excersise yard, you save the game in your cell. then the last prison mission, you break out.

• Like 1

it would be pretty cool if at some point in the story the main guy goes to jail and then we have to do a few mission in prison where you can roam about certain areas like the excersise yard, you save the game in your cell. then the last prison mission, you break out.

As I said, if you want to experience that, go play Maia II. It's a good game, but it's got a sucky section in the middle where you're stuck in prison. It's no fun to play whatsoever.

im pretty sure rockstar could make something like that work really well.

If you state it like that, then yes, that would be ok. But as long as the prison isnt on the actual game map, the, itd be ok. I think that sounds alot like Splinter cell ( cant member which one, but its on the ps2) he goes into the jail, does a few missions, and then breaks out. I think it would be kinda fun to have somthing like that.

no the prison would have to be on the actual map, you just cant get out until the break out, when you would actually escape back to the rest of the map.

well, i get that, but id like to see that map space be something beter like area 69, oorr, and airstrip. or somthing like that. I like the idea, but if it is a smaller prison, then thatd be ok. The Liberty corrections faccility was a lil to big to put in the map. for only having a few missions, it should be a federal jail, or be a goverment/ fedral jail that you go to for doing a crime agianst the goverment. idk , i like the idea, but it needs tweeked a lil bit.

Yeah why not, if they do it similar to RDR where a cutscene plays and the list of crimes you commited and damage you caused flash on the screen that would work.

Sure it will be boring and tedious having to wait for the cut-scene to play out but in a way that would help simulate going to prison without going overboard with the concept, it would also give us more of an incentive not to get caught.

• Like 1

I liked the idea where you do a few missions in prison, A FEW (3 OR LESS) and then on the last one you break out, but an absolute no-no on the prison idea, that would be horrible and boring

What the fuck are you guys on about no prison on the game map? GTA IV had a great one, and the breakout mission in TLAD was insane. Ofcourse there should be a prison - if anything have it at the expense of some dumb military base with nothing in.

As I said, if you want to experience that, go play Maia II. It's a good game, but it's got a sucky section in the middle where you're stuck in prison. It's no fun to play whatsoever.

Yeah its a decent game, had high hopes for it but they released it to soon in my opinion, it felt unfinished storywise and gameplay wise. Did I have fun playin, oh hell yes, because Im a fan of the genre (maffia: movies, games, books). But you can hardly feel a connection with the protag, all because they touch on something storywise, then they completely abbandon the whole issue, a lot loose ends so to speak. But at the prison bit it came out the most sucky for sure! Absolutely nothing else to do, then walk a designated path, and you cant interact for shit, so for me the whole prison bid issue... well I'd have to go negative on that one. Sure one big break out could be sweet (going in with a chopper, to brake someone out, chopper gets shot down, you have to make youre getaway, maybe a bit like in TLAD, but ofcourse even better!), but something like doing hard time for crimes you commit, f*ck no! Not even a cutscene, I think it'd get boring real soon...

What the fuck are you guys on about no prison on the game map? GTA IV had a great one, and the breakout mission in TLAD was insane. Ofcourse there should be a prison - if anything have it at the expense of some dumb military base with nothing in.

Completely agree!

I agree that going to PRISON everytime I ran somebody over or those "oops" times when a cop pulls you out of a car before you can escape while not paying attention would blow. Its bad enough the cops shoot to kill with a single star. Like mentioned before, 1 star should be ticket/fine and then when things heat up they can shoot then eventually bring in the military.

BUT for the people to say no jail/prison on the map is ridiculousness. The map will be plenty big to fit a prison. If you could go inside, I'd deff explore and try to steal me some high powered guns and armor while wreaking havok and gaining a wanted level!

A couple prison break missions could be fun when things hit rock bottom for the player during the story line.

If there is a prison, inmates should be fighting. What prison doesn't have inmates fighting? Would be cool if there was a riot in one mission, somehow. No showers though, that's not necessary...

• Like 1

If there is a prison, inmates should be fighting. What prison doesn't have inmates fighting? Would be cool if there was a riot in one mission, somehow. No showers though, that's not necessary...

anyone who reads now pictures steamy hot shower scene... thanks lol

I use to go into the cop chop in VC all the time when I first started game. Id make my rounds and anytime I past the place, I'd swing around back, hop in cop car and load up on shotgun ammo.

A prison/jail could contain weapons not accessible otherwise.

Or how about a mission were you steal "evidence" aka some dudes drug stash back from the po-po