In the trailer, I noticed some chemtrails across the sky at about 1:04. I wonder if there's going to be any pilot-able jumbo jets, similar to the ones in IV (you know, the ones that never landed).

Or perhaps a mission strand for a conspiracy theorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory), à la the Truth.

Who knows, maybe he'll even make a return.

Ehhh? ;)

I highly doubt they will incorperate something like that into the game for the reason its not very interesting....

Guest Marney-1

I highly doubt they will incorperate something like that into the game for the reason its not very interesting....

I can imagine WKTT radio to go on about that stuff.

Hopefully you'll be able to drive everything vehicle you see in the game.

I hated that in IV, and especially when they took out vehicles in multiplayer.

• Like 1

ummm the conspiracy/mystery stuff was almost addicting in GTA SA, but Chem trails? ehhh Borrriiing. I was thiking Aliens, UFOs, Bigfoot, Goverment conpsiracys, stuff that is actually NOT BORING. Seeing the truth would be awesome, i do admit, buuut he was pretty old in SA, so i dunno if he is coming back. Nice job thinking outa the box tho!

Why not aircraft like The ones in SR3

with all the vtols and helicopters and shit

I loved the aircraft in SR3, but to me, I think maybe VTOLS and stuff belong to SR and should remain there...Maybe it would be good, but I think GTA suits normal jets and helicopters...just better choice than the previous GTA's

Chemtrails aren't all that interesting though really... seeing a UFO in the sky would be sweet, but only if it happens rarely. Not once every couple game days or something.

Why not aircraft like The ones in SR3

with all the vtols and helicopters and shit

I loved the aircraft in SR3, but to me, I think maybe VTOLS and stuff belong to SR and should remain there...Maybe it would be good, but I think GTA suits normal jets and helicopters...just better choice than the previous GTA's

Agreed, GTA V should stick to the path GTA IV set (gritty realism). There's a million stupid sandbox games with ridiculous toys already (SR, Just Cause, etc...). I'm more than satisfied with a few single engine planes and a couple jets. To be honest, flying around gets pretty boring after a while anyway; I mean, I much prefer loitering around ATM's with a knife in my pocket after dark.

In the trailer, I noticed some chemtrails across the sky at about 1:04. I wonder if there's going to be any pilot-able jumbo jets, similar to the ones in IV (you know, the ones that never landed).

Or perhaps a mission strand for a conspiracy theorist (http://en.wikipedia....nspiracy_theory), à la the Truth.

Who knows, maybe he'll even make a return.

Ehhh? ;)

A chemtrail is the fictional trails from airplanes that conspiracy theorists believe in. What you saw was a contrail, a trail of condensation caused by heated air from the plane's engines hitting the cooler surrounding air.

But that's beside the point...chemtrails are one of the more boring conspiracy theories around....outside of maybe a mission of spraying something from a crop duster I don't see any interesting ways to bring it up in-game.

Also, we won't be seeing the Truth again. As has been said before only companies and radio personalities will be carrying over from the GTA III era of games to the current era...no actual characters will be making the cut.

• Like 1

A chemtrail is the fictional trails from airplanes that conspiracy theorists believe in. What you saw was a contrail, a trail of condensation caused by heated air from the plane's engines hitting the cooler surrounding air.

But that's beside the point...chemtrails are one of the more boring conspiracy theories around....outside of maybe a mission of spraying something from a crop duster I don't see any interesting ways to bring it up in-game.

Also, we won't be seeing the Truth again. As has been said before only companies and radio personalities will be carrying over from the GTA III era of games to the current era...no actual characters will be making the cut.

Contrails are shorter and therefore dissipate. As I saw no plane that could be leaving that trail, I figured it wasn't a contrail because Mr. Plane was long gone, and Mr. Trail should have dissipated if he was a contrail. I'm psyched for Mr. Plane and company to return either way.

What if those contrails were from the C-130J in the screenshots in Max Payne 3's multiplayer map 'Tiete River Docks'? In the office area. Go look for yourselves you disgusting rapscallions. Lol

Guest Marney-1

I often see a few planes criss-crossing the sky in a grid pattern (the same two planes) and those trails end up covering the whole sky almost blotting out the sun. While they're doing this I see many other planes around the same height whose contrails just disappear behind them, these other things linger for hours and hours.

I'll get before and after pics sometime to show you what I mean but anyway, 'chemtrails' will probably be mentioned on the radio in GTA V but I can't see there being much more about them than that. Maybe you could hear someone on WKTT or something saying "I'm serious man, look up at the sky, the government are poisoning us right now!" - Then you look up at the sky and say to yourself "Oh yeah" - then carry on with your mission.

Edit: LOL I found a video showing exactly what I'm talking about:

Edited by Marney-1
ZOMG ALIENS!
  • Like 1

As far as chemtrail conspiracies, NO. Thats just a waist of time, its to boring. But chemtrails and contrails should be apart of the game coming from aircraft, to add to the realism. I hope this time around there are not only a variety of different planes, but also a variety of helicopters. In GTA 4 there were only a few type of helicopters, and they were kind of poorly done. This time around I hope that changes along with being able to pilot planes. A good variety of planes is needed. Such as commercial and private planes ( by private I mean private jets, ect.), also military planes and helicopters.

The planes I would like to see (Just a few):

Commercial- Boeing (747,767,777,787), airbus (A300,A340), Lockhead- L-1011.

Private- Gulfstreams, Cessnas.

Military- F-15, F-16, F-22 Raptor, B-2 Bomber, A-10 thunderbolt, AC-130, U-2 ( Maybe drones).

Chem trails are VERY real, im not going to say they are "Nerve Agents" or " Bio Hazards". But they are a threat to our environment. I think it is somthing that only some people can relate to or know what it is. I geruntee close to EVERYONE knows what a UFO or BIGFOOT ( and its sub species) are. So most people would enjoy those more than boring ol Chem Trails.

Depending on weather conditions contrails can hold up pretty well. I live near three major airports. I see them all the time. They don't disappear in 10 minutes.

How do you sleep, between air traffic from Liberty, LaGuardia, and JFK? Jesus, I'd go nuts.

*Wonders if we need a conspiracy/paranormal topic*

Yeah, "Chemtrails" is far too narrow a subject. Change the title, please.

Depending on weather conditions contrails can hold up pretty well. I live near three major airports. I see them all the time. They don't disappear in 10 minutes.

How do you sleep, between air traffic from Liberty, LaGuardia, and JFK? Jesus, I'd go nuts.

It's not really loud. Maybe if you live in the middle of nowhere it would stand out but not around here. Hell, I love leaving my windows open in the city. Even with all the people/cars on the streets below I still sleep fine.

Anyway, whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com will probably return to GTA V too.