Matthew

So who's pre-ordering GTA V?

http://www.rockstarg...on-network.html

Starting today PS3 fans in North America and Latin America can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version of Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation Network. All Day 1 Digital pre-orders get access to fly the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle just like those who pre-order a physical Standard Edition copy.

As an added bonus, Day 1 Digital pre-orders will also receive an exclusive PS3 theme along with 75% off on any Rockstar full game title on PSN* (to help tide you over these last few weeks before GTAV hits on September 17th). You can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version by going to the New on PS3: PSN Pre-Orders section of the PlayStation Store.

* Prices and discounts vary by territory

and...

For those asking about digital pre-orders on Xbox LIVE, the Xbox 360 Games on Demand service does not offer the ability to pre-order games or make them available on launch day. That being said, we will be making GTAV available via Games on Demand as soon as it's technically feasible and permitted by Microsoft.

PS3 fans in Europe will be able to pre-order digitally starting this Friday.

Edited by TreeFitty
/merged

Okay my brain is only firing at 3% so someone is going to have to help me with this what do they mean by digital copy to Do they mean that on the day the game launches you'll get a digital copy of the entire thing or do they mean you get a digital preview if you have enough points to do it now

But, can the digital copy be transferred to PS4...

Okay my brain is only firing at 3% so someone is going to have to help me with this what do they mean by digital copy to Do they mean that on the day the game launches you'll get a digital copy of the entire thing or do they mean you get a digital preview if you have enough points to do it now

hur dur You get a digital copy.

Digital preorder would be so much easier for me since the game is banned here and I can just buy a PSN card... But unfortunately, my need to have the official box and shit is too strong.

• Like 1

i still think it's faster to pick up the game at gamestop and get home, install it and start playing... that DL will probably be more than 16GB, and that's just a number off the top of my head, it could be bigger... yea, no headaches, no slow download, no problems... disc is the way to go IMO...

• Like 3

i still think it's faster to pick up the game at gamestop and get home, install it and start playing... that DL will probably be more than 16GB, and that's just a number off the top of my head, it could be bigger... yea, no headaches, no slow download, no problems... disc is the way to go IMO...

good point, with my internet connection it would probably take all day.

Doesn't matter, I want the actual case and disk.

i prefer the digital. it's there forever. redownload it if ya need to, no bs, no 2nd cost if the worst happens to yer disc. I've had to pay a second time for a 2nd disc with a couple games, but no worries with the data. plus my speed is good, can dl a game in 20 mins. got gta4 on ps3....2 mths ago, have it for xbox but wanted it on the ps3 too. took under 25 mins to get. came home from work, turned it on got it started on the dl, rolled a j, had a shower came back and it was ready b4 i was. groovy!

i prefer the digital. it's there forever. redownload it if ya need to, no bs, no 2nd cost if the worst happens to yer disc. I've had to pay a second time for a 2nd disc with a couple games, but no worries with the data. plus my speed is good, can dl a game in 20 mins. got gta4 on ps3....2 mths ago, have it for xbox but wanted it on the ps3 too. took under 25 mins to get. came home from work, turned it on got it started on the dl, rolled a j, had a shower came back and it was ready b4 i was. groovy!

But you don't get the nifty map and instruction booklet that always comes with GTA. Those two things are worth the extra 4 bucks they have for tax or whatever.

Digital preorder would be so much easier for me since the game is banned here and I can just buy a PSN card... But unfortunately, my need to have the official box and shit is too strong.

Where is it banned?

If your OCD and take care of your game discs you won't have that issue. I understand having it digital it makes it easy to travel so u have all your games right there instead of bringing which ones u want but like Bronson said having the map and manual is nice.

Where is it banned?

Marcus lives in Dubai, last I heard. He is Yusuf.

If your OCD and take care of your game discs you won't have that issue. I understand having it digital it makes it easy to travel so u have all your games right there instead of bringing which ones u want but like Bronson said having the map and manual is nice.

I'll probably get the digital copy for PS4. Mainly because i owned three PS3's and a PS3 slim, and half of them the disk drives died. I'll be ultra paranoid for the first year with my PS4. I have many PS3 games, all in perfect condition. For me the console was the issue, not the disc.

Where is it banned?

Marcus lives in Dubai, last I heard. He is Yusuf.

Well, a GTA game has never been released in Dubai, so that's no surprise. In fact, I'm sure Gay Tony would be arrested over there, or put to death...

• Like 1

I'll probably get the digital copy for PS4. Mainly because i owned three PS3's and a PS3 slim, and half of them the disk drives died. I'll be ultra paranoid for the first year with my PS4. I have many PS3 games, all in perfect condition. For me the console was the issue, not the disc.

same here. I've had 2 PS3's and one lasted me over two years plus a year in Iraq. I've always taken care of my systems and game discs so when I want another game I just take the old one to gamestop. But since we'll be able to upgrade the hard drive in the PS4 getting digital games might get more popular. But for games like gta That come out almost every 4-5 years then getting the hard copy is "sentimental" and your able to get special and collectors editions.

i preordered gta for both consoles a long time ago, so i'm not doin a DDL for this. as for the map, that can be found on the net about 3 hrs after it comes out. never had an issue with gettin maps. The thing that would stop me on this for the DDL is that i didn't see anything about the special and limited edition units for gta. if i'm just getting the regular game then yeah, i'll DDL the thing.

guess accidents don't happen in bmw's world eh. dumbass comment, lmao. fuck

I didn't find much dumbassery in his comment. I've treated my ps3 like five hundred year old china since the day I got it, and no problems yet. And the disc version is definitely the way to go for new games, imo.

• Like 2