Matthew

So who's pre-ordering GTA V?

Same.

The minimum for a collector's edition pre-order is usually $25 at Gamestop. I think I'll just put $25 on a regular pre-order so I can change it to the collector's edition later without having to go back.

I pre-ordered on AmazonUK the first day in November they were taking orders, then the day the date of release got pushed back I cancelled my order, think I was pissed off so took it out on Amazon, sort of. Will probably get It at my local GAME, never have I waited for a midnight opening for a game, I might have to for this. . . . I'll figure it out closer to the time.

I was looking at the different pre-order prices for GTA V at some websites. And there are some major discrepancies in prices.

For instance EB Games Australia has the basic game listed at $108.00, while JB HI FI has it listed for $99.00. Obviously the Australian retailers have been marking up prices for years ( and I'm pissed off that it's still going on ).

That's why I usually import from a British Website ( www.ozgameshop.com ), where it's listed for only $63.99 ( which includes free shipping ). With the only downside to this method being that you have to wait up to a week to receive your game. And I don't know if I can wait that long for this massive game.

After all is said and done, I'll probably be forced to buy the more expensive version from an Australian retailer. Sucks but oh well.........

I preordered from Amazon back in November. I am wondering if there are any other good offers. If there are any cheaper offers, I think I paid about £39

I preordered from them too, USD $60. Looks like we'll get it a few days late. :(

I have per-ordered on Amazon before (with 2 day shipping) and they are usually good at getting it there fast. usually the day of or after. I have actually gotten per-ordered games a day early from Amazon (when I paid for same day delivery) but I don't know if a game like GTA would do that.

icon11.gif

*doesn't pre-order

...but actually, i did a long time ago

idk why everyone is worried about waiting for a special edition. just pre-order it and if one comes you can upgrade that shit

Just pre ordered the collector's edition said f*ck it and got it, haven't bought myself something in a while. Plus I'm buying all the ccollectors edition for all my favourite games.

Just tried to buy GTA V's Collector's Edition from EB Games ( our version of Gamestop ), which is the exclusive retailer that sell's it here in Australia.

The guy behind the counter practically laughed at me when I asked him if any were still available. He said that the only people that had gotten a reserved copy for it, had ordered it last year and then upgraded the same day it was announced to the collector's edition ( plus not everyone that ordered it last year got a copy ).

So with no alternatives available ( because the Rockstar Warehouse doesn't deliver to OZ ), I had no option but to get the Special Edition. Oh Well looks like no Khamelion Electric car for Multiplayer...

Just tried to buy GTA V's Collector's Edition from EB Games ( our version of Gamestop ), which is the exclusive retailer that sell's it here in Australia.

The guy behind the counter practically laughed at me when I asked him if any were still available. He said that the only people that got a reserved copy for it, had ordered it last year and then upgraded the same day it was announced to the collector's edition ( plus not everyone that ordered it last year got a copy ).

So with no alternatives available ( because the Rockstar Warehouse doesn't deliver to OZ ), I had to no option but to get the Special Edition. Oh Well looks like no Khamelion Electric car for Multiplayer...

How about JB HiFi?? I have seen ads in NZ for GTAV there but I don't know if they have the collectors ed.

• Like 1

The guy behind the counter practically laughed at me when I asked him if any were still available. He said that the only people that had gotten a reserved copy for it, had ordered it last year and then upgraded the same day it was announced to the collector's edition ( plus not everyone that ordered it last year got a copy ).

So with no alternatives available ( because the Rockstar Warehouse doesn't deliver to OZ ), I had to no option but to get the Special Edition. Oh Well looks like no Khamelion Electric car for Multiplayer...

EB is run by a bunch of shitheads. I pre-ordered GTA V in August last year. I was told I'd be notified if any special editions became available. Then they rang me on the day the collector's edition was announced and told me there were "only" 4000 collector's editions being given to eb in Australia, and they wouldn't be able to offer me one. I was tired and I couldn't be arsed arguing with them, so I took the special editon. If I find a JB that has it, I'm cancelling my pre-order.

EB is run by a bunch of shitheads. I pre-ordered GTA V in August last year. I was told I'd be notified if any special editions became available. Then they rang me on the day the collector's edition was announced and told me there were "only" 4000 collector's editions being given to eb in Australia, and they wouldn't be able to offer me one. I was tired and I couldn't be arsed arguing with them, so I took the special editon. If I find a JB that has it, I'm cancelling my pre-order.

Can't argue with that. EB Guys are assholes...

So with no alternatives available ( because the Rockstar Warehouse doesn't deliver to OZ ), I had no option but to get the Special Edition. Oh Well looks like no Khamelion Electric car for Multiplayer...

I tried EB Games in Melbourne the day after they announced it but they had already sold out. I managed to get a copy from JB HIFI though. I imagine there's a decent online game retailer (like Mighty Ape in NZ) in Australia as well that might have copies still

Hey guys,On tuesday I preordered my collectors edition from mighty ape as im in NZ and they told me i had pretty much got the last collectors edition available to NZDERS.And that rockstar told them that australasia had sold all its available preorders. So good luck to the guys from australasia

Australasia? What the fuck is that?

Anywho, is there a way to see numbers on available copies for collectors?

Australasia is the Australia/New Zealand region, plus the outlying islands.

I used Mouthoff, didn't get a straight answer. So no way to find available stock for any of the editions.

Australasia is the Australia/New Zealand region, plus the outlying islands.

I used Mouthoff, didn't get a straight answer. So no way to find available stock for any of the editions.

That's because they will not know the stock available to each store they ship to warehouses, nor will they come out and say that only X amount will be sent to said region.

i got the 1st collectors edition at EB games on the morning it was announced. i went rushing down. i was told only 2/store in canada for the Collecters. i guess i was lucky then.

Just pre ordered the collector's edition said f*ck it and got it, haven't bought myself something in a while. Plus I'm buying all the ccollectors edition for all my favourite games.

Yeah, your first sentence perfectly describes what I did. I pre-ordered it at a dump mall with a gamestop which I figured would still have copies, anybody else do the same?

ill prob upgrade to collectors next month once i get the 70 bucks thats the first thing ill do anyone preorder the gta v stategy guide like i did they said its bigger than skyrims sg i guess here in jacksonville they have enough pre order copies for everyone lol