Brian

Post a picture of your pet

Sorry to hear about your kitty there Gta-grl.

This my kitty, Shithead. He the most Badass cat on the planet. I don't know what I'd do without him

post-5206-0-31141700-1343150828.jpg

post-5206-0-51395900-1343150838.jpg

post-5206-0-05771100-1343150851.jpg

I've had him close to 3 years now. He's the first cat I've ever had, I've had dogs my whole life, and they all get attached to one person (my mother) and always seem to die before they're 3. He's really independent, he's really playful, and he's always been a suck up towards me :) When he was still a kitten he came to my bedroom in the middle of the night, jumped on my chest, and wrapped his arms around my neck like he was giving me a hug, then jumped off, layed his head down on the pillow and slept right next to me. Normally I'm an emotionless bastard, but that completely melted my heart, and ever since then he's been my little kitten ^_^

• Like 1

post-10-0-58538700-1343096411.jpg

Got his balls cut off last month and he's not a miserable little prick anymore, he's much more affectionate now.

Surely that should be the other way round, although I know if I was miserable and someone threatened to cut my balls off i'd soon cheer up.

How old was your cat Gtagrl?

Teddy was just over 13 years old. It's a big adjustment when you've lived with someone that long and they're suddenly gone.

Indeed, I'm dreading the day shithead leaves us....

But with that in mind I've always considered a Macaw.

RubyMacawWBMH_AcB2191.jpg

Smart, (sometimes) loving animals, and they'll be around as long as you, probably longer.

Guest Marney-1

Teddy was just over 13 years old. It's a big adjustment when you've lived with someone that long and they're suddenly gone.

Got any spare cat food?

That's awesome, Vicey - I was hoping we'd have the boys for that long...alas, perhaps the next round of kitties will be as lucky as your Benjy.

PS Fanboy, I fucking hate birds for pets, there's no way in hell I'd let a macaw, budgie or any other squawking flying feathered creature live inside my house. Birds are for eating or observing in nature, or at the feeders - I get lots of enjoyment from seeing hummingbirds, chickadees, woodpeckers, various finches and sparrows at the feeders by our windows, but they are not welcome inside.

Got any spare cat food?

No, I've been eating it all as a tribute.

PS Fanboy, I fucking hate birds for pets, there's no way in hell I'd let a macaw, budgie or any other squawking flying feathered creature live inside my house. Birds are for eating or observing in nature, or at the feeders - I get lots of enjoyment from seeing hummingbirds, chickadees, woodpeckers, various finches and sparrows at the feeders by our windows, but they are not welcome inside.

Wow... I didn't know people hated birds so much, I personally would love to have a talking macaw flying around my house 24/7. It would keep things interesting, and I could put him on a leash and walk him to the park :D

Guest Marney-1

Birds fly so why would anyone want to have one stuck in a cage or walking around inside a house. Keeping a bird captive is wrong imo.

I never said I would stop it from flying, if I had a pet bird I wouldn't have it in a cage I would most likely let it fly around the house during the day or build a room just for it.

Hey, If I could afford a macaw I could probably afford to have a room renovated for it. I know a guy who has almost a dozen macaws, and he has a part of his house renovated almost like an open atrium for them

Here is my dog, Franklin. He's a boston terrier/pug mix. I love him, he makes me laugh every day. Look at that derpy face!

Franklin.jpg

Took one look at that face and knew he had Pug in him. Beautiful breed. Love them.

Besides my dog Noelle, I think Pong, my Betta Fish deserves an honorable mention. I've had him for over two years now and he's been through a lot. I got one just like him but red (named Ping) a few days after Pong and put a divider in their tank, sadly late last year Ping one passed away. The red one escaped his divider and nearly killed Pong (his fins were all torn and he turned very grey which is bad for bettas). Pong recovered and Ping never escaped again. After Ping died I let Pong have the whole tank again, and he now is the deepest blue he's ever been. He's happy and healthy and even knows who I am when I walk by the tank (rushes to the surface for food). Even though it's a fish, I love the thing. He's awesome. Hope to have at least another two years with him.

025.jpg