Sign in to follow this  

I can't check the fight right now, is it the one where the winner would get a contract? That shit was messy and beautiful.

I can't check the fight right now, is it the one where the winner would get a contract? That shit was messy and beautiful.

Yeah. From The Ultimate Fighter

I didn't watch the video. I thought it looked like griffin. I just thought recent because it said ufc 148

Released on youtube as a "free fight" to create hype.

UFC 151 is cancelled. Chael Sonnen is running his mouth as usual but he didn't deserve to be in the damn octogon with JJ. He's just coming off a loss from Silva and hasn't done shit to prove he deserves it. Not to mention JJ was training for Hendo and not Sonnen. Jones didn't duck Sonnen. Sonnen isn't a fly on Jon's ass.

The most dissapointing thing is the rest of the card has just been scrapped. I wish the UFC had kept making calls and tried to find ANYONE to take the Jones fight no matter what the cost.

Nope. Bonnar is (and always has been) a very one dimensional fighter. He's mixed it up with submissions but generally he relies on his stand up (which Silva is FAR superior at) and at odd times he can take a fight to the floor but I think Silva has him there too.

I have Silva taking it in the first round. Bonnar might survive to the second because he's a tough guy but I doubt he'll make it any longer.

icon11.gif

I dont see the fight promos so I miss most ufc these days. Caught 152 at a bar the other day

Jones beat belfort

I have been watching the ultimate fighter. I liked that smiling dude from the first ep when he got the one punch KO but he kinda sucked in his last fight

icon11.gif

Well Griffin vs Bonnar willl always be the fight that made UFC, Silva beat Griffin like he will beat Bonnar. I always liked the bit of tae kwon do kick Bonnar threw in here and there. Would be so epic to see a Silva get KO'd with one of those but I would fucking LOL if it did happen. I have to say he got a shot.

Cant believe dana signed off on at this fight especially because anderson said hes only doing like 7 or 8 more fights before he retires. They really need to do Silva vs Gsp and Silva Vs Bones, those are the fights people wanna see not these fights where anderson just destroys people (Yushin Okami).

Cant believe dana signed off on at this fight especially because anderson said hes only doing like 7 or 8 more fights before he retires. They really need to do Silva vs Gsp and Silva Vs Bones, those are the fights people wanna see not these fights where anderson just destroys people (Yushin Okami).

Yushin Okami was the last defeat Anderson ever had (albeit by DQ) and some people thought he stood a viable chance against him. Of course since then Anderson has refined his game so much Yushin didn't stand a chance. (watch his title fight against Rich Franklin in 2006 and any of his latest fights, he was gassed and took a fair few hits he just wouldn't even entertain the chance of being hit by now). Silva OFFERED to take any 205lber (besides Jon Jones) to save the UFC 151 card, but they decided to scrap the card and take up his offer for 153.

Ultimately it's just building him up as the GOAT for his final few matches. But don't get your hopes up for Silva/JJ. I heard on the grapevine neither of them want a piece of the other.

Yeah, he definitely is in this fight, no doubt about it, Silva wont get complacent though. He just isn't that kind of guy.

TUF is getting quite poor, as is Griffin recently. Perfect end to TUF and Griffin and Bonnars career is them being the opposing coaches and having one final war.

icon11.gif

what wrong with TUF? I think the new season is pretty good.

Well it's been going downhill for a long time (probably since bj and jens) and it's really anti climactic recently, alot of the hyped fights never happen. Was super dissapointed when Lesnar and JDS never came to fruition. Haven't seen the new season yet but I heard on the grapevine it isnt much better.

My predictions

Maia/Storey (MAIA JUST FINISHED HIM. DIDNT EVEN HAVE TIME TO FINISH PREDICITIONS)

Davis/Prado

Fitch/Silva

Teixeira/Maldonado

Noguiera/Herman

Silva/Bonnar

Went 5/6 out on the prelims.

UFC 154 Predictions

Georges St-Pierre/Carlos Condit

Martin Kampmann /Johny Hendricks

Francis Carmont/Tom Lawlor

Mark Bocek/Rafael dos Anjos

Mark Hominick/Pablo Garza

Bold = Winner

My worst fear is that he's going to be scared of re-injuring himself and go into points scoring mode, where he'll try to stay stood up and pick Condit apart. The problem is as of the Diaz fight Condit's been doing that too which could make for a fairly boring 25 minutes.

He was mental at first. Shades of the last Hughes/Serra fights, then Condit landed a leg kick which really rocked him and he went back to the "get them down and beat them" style. That said the only time Condit even offered offence was the 3rd round leg kick and before that he didn't do anything to St Pierre really and then didn't do anything afterwards. GSP looked to be going for a RNC and tried to get his back but by then Condit was greasy as hell from all the blood and it was practically impossible.

He didn't try to lay and pray but he did rely on getting Condit down and then beating him.

Greg Jackson is a good coach but his game-planning really spoils the sport sometimes - hard to believe "Bones" Jones is in his camp!

The next event is looking good - Diaz comes to fight and Henderson, although a bit of a wrestlefucker, is all action and with BJ Penn and Shogun on the card, it should be awesome.

I love the Diaz brothers but I think Bendo is going to go into point scoring mode to win it. He's played it a bit too safe recently for my liking. Ever since the Pettis "flying jump kick" shit really.

Shogun I'm finally starting to re-like and with the beat down he gave Vera. he kinda blew ass after he came to UFC from Pride but is getting back into his stride. Oh, and super dissapointed the whole "best performance from Shogun or Machida gets the shot" thing didn't come to fruition. Chael Sonnen didn't deserve the fight after just joining the LHW ranks and coming off a terrible defeat.

Now Machida has to fight Hendo and god knows what Shogun has ahead of him.