Sign in to follow this  

Anderson Silva is a legend, love to see the spider on the ring.

I try to follow a bit of MMA over the years, is Cro Cop still fighting? That guy was sick also.

It's peaked. Gonna sound like a hipster but I much prefer before everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Now roids are rampant and matches are generally quite shitty. Never get better than Griffin/Bonnar on TUF.

A Lot of the fighters are entertaining though. Just don't see enough of them, particuarly GSP, Josh Koscheck, Dos Santos and Anderson Silva. Emelianenko went through a shitty period but regained it before he retired. Total shame he never fought in the UFC and has retired now.

Something I do hate about the older UFC is the fact they let Tank Abbott ever fight there. I don't think he ever had ground game and generally sucked dick, aswell as opening a niche in MMA for brawlers like Kimbo Slice (who is actually pretty fucking good at boxing)

Rashad Evans, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, and Anderson Silva are a few of my favorite fighters to watch. Haven't followed it much as I used to. We ordered the Rich Franklin/Wanderlei Silva fight last weekend though, good fight.

icon11.gif

Something I do hate about the older UFC is the fact they let Tank Abbott ever fight there.

Tank's heyday was years and years ago when half the UFC were stupid brawlers. He hasnt been relevant in a long time. It was when they were selling it as human cock-fighting and not a legitimate sport.

The whole Kimbo thing was all about ratings for the ultimate fighter. But it gave the dude a legit chance to prove himself. And he didn't do completely terrible. He was pretty humble the entire time too.

But yah Kimbo should have went with boxing. But he's pretty old. A fighting career probably wont happen for him now.

I haven't followed UFC for a long time. I dont get spike anymore and I never know when fights are on. I should be torrenting that shit. I did watch the last ultimate fighter tho. The long haired cave man dude one. Most were cheering for him cause his Dad died while he was away on the show. Most would have left the show after that but he stayed. Pretty amazing story.

Are any of you going to watch ifc 148. I want to see the rematch vs Anderson Silva and chael sonnen. But I don't think paying 50 bucks is worth it.

icon11.gif

Something I do hate about the older UFC is the fact they let Tank Abbott ever fight there.

Tank's heyday was years and years ago when half the UFC were stupid brawlers. He hasnt been relevant in a long time. It was when they were selling it as human cock-fighting and not a legitimate sport.

The whole Kimbo thing was all about ratings for the ultimate fighter. But it gave the dude a legit chance to prove himself. And he didn't do completely terrible. He was pretty humble the entire time too.

But yah Kimbo should have went with boxing. But he's pretty old. A fighting career probably wont happen for him now.

I haven't followed UFC for a long time. I dont get spike anymore and I never know when fights are on. I should be torrenting that shit. I did watch the last ultimate fighter tho. The long haired cave man dude one. Most were cheering for him cause his Dad died while he was away on the show. Most would have left the show after that but he stayed. Pretty amazing story.

UFC wasn't cockfighting at first, a stage to see different fighting styles exhibitioned. it seemed to go through a phase like that after Shammy and Gracie left (Terrible decision by Shamrock, He was in his prime in MMA and sucked in wrestling for a long time. Green as goat shit. and when he returned was never the same)

Bisping!

Hate him. Gobby little shit. Awesome to see Henderson clobber him at UFC 100.

icon11.gif

UFC wasn't cockfighting at first, a stage to see different fighting styles exhibitioned. it seemed to go through a phase like that after Shammy and Gracie left (Terrible decision by Shamrock, He was in his prime in MMA and sucked in wrestling for a long time. Green as goat shit. and when he returned was never the same)

Bisping!

Hate him. Gobby little shit. Awesome to see Henderson clobber him at UFC 100.

That's why I like him, he's just a dickhead.

That's why I like him, he's just a dickhead.

I dunno, I like a dickhead. Koscheck brings home the laughs when he whispers into ears and shit. Bisping is just annoying.

Watched Silva last night, what a fighter man, the way he just toyed Sonnen on the second round... it's fucking hypnotic.

Knee looks pretty legal to me:

untitled-8n7yn5.gif

lol @ at dodging Sonnen.

Anderson won that's good and the knee is legal. I was looking at who won the fight and someone put sonnen knocked out Silva in the first minute. I was like bullshit

The first round looked exactly like first fight, was expecting another 5 round bullshit of ass grabbing on the ground.

Then Silva just went - fuck this. Enter the mind games 'u cant touch dis lol' and Sonnen was all over...

I didn't watch the video. I thought it looked like griffin. I just thought recent because it said ufc 148