dats what u get for listening to a band called MORBID ANGEL. hahaha. proud americansssss.

ARE YOU MOCKING OUR MISERY??!

*hits Cuda*

Anyway, I can't think of any metal related subjects at the moment, so I'll just post the following for analog, even though he's probably seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BR&feature=player_embedded&v=JWyABiUpihs

The video won't embed for some reason, but it's Neil Peart performing a drum solo on Letterman last week.

^yay!

In rather sad news, Cathedral are doing a farewell tour, followed by one last studio album. Come to Australia, you filthy bastards!

Speaking of coming to Oz, Forbidden are here for the first time in August. I don't know if I'll go or not.

Anyway, I can't think of any metal related subjects at the moment, so I'll just post the following for analog, even though he's probably seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BR&feature=player_embedded&v=JWyABiUpihs

The video won't embed for some reason, but it's Neil Peart performing a drum solo on Letterman last week.

Holy shit, awesome! Thanks for posting that; I didn't even know he was on Letterman last week. 10 days til I see it in person!

Also, LOLOLOLOL at "Morbid Fails". I love the "proper use" one and the batman one xD

Did I mention to anyone that I saw DRI and Warbringer last month? I must say it was one of the best thrash shows I've been to (due in part to the venue) and I also caught DRI's drumstick. I had such a blast thrashing away and beating down posers!

So the next metal show I'm set to see(between the 9 concert tickets I have for summer) is Amon Amarth, and I can't express how excited I am. If they don't let me into the House of Blues with a viking helmet, I'm pulling out my battle axe and hacking my way in.

i actually searched for billy talent on youtube, because it sounded like a cool name.

they sound horrible. that vocalist is a tranny.

why would they put a band like that on line up that is supposed to please people what worship satan and eat first born entrails? please go and film them being bottled by long haired men.

Just when you thought Metallica were sort of done with being complete sellout bitches...

Metallica record material with Lou Reed

A few months ago our own Kirk Hammett hinted at a new Metallica project that's "not really 100 percent a Metallica record." While Kirk may have jumped the gun a little (and has since been properly punished with a series of push-ups!), we are more than proud to announce that we have just completed recording a full length album that is a collaboration with none other than the legendary Lou Reed.

Ever since we had the pleasure of performing with Lou at the 25th Anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Madison Square Garden in October of 2009, we have been kicking around the idea of making a record together. Some of you astute Bay Area residents may have picked up news of recent Lou Reed sightings in the greater San Francisco area and we have indeed been working at our home studio at HQ on and off over the last few months. In what would be lightning speed for a Metallica related project, we recorded ten songs during this time and while at this moment we're not exactly sure when you'll hear it, we're beyond excited to share with you that the recording sessions wrapped up last week.

A true innovator and easily one of the most influential songwriters, musicians, and performers in rock music history, Lou's work with the Velvet Underground and as a solo artist has such an enduring quality that he has long been revered and respected by us and many of our peers. We can't wait for you to listen to the finished record, so as we like to hear ourselves say around here, keep watching this spot for updates . . . we'll be back with more details as they come together.

:huh:

I can't even think of something humorous to say about that.

It absolutely is worth it. Every song on there makes me cum when I listen to it on my giant headphones. Particularly Suicide Machine, Secret Face, Cosmic Sea, and Vacant Planets.

By the way, my friend asked when the Individual Thought Patterns remaster was to be released on the Death (Official) Facebook and he received a personal reply from Eric Grief stating it would be late summer! I can't express my excitement. Can't you feel it?

New update on the Death official Facebook!!!!!

I'm happy to report that Drew Juergens @ Relapse is kicking ass and we're very close to having the whole Individual Thought Patterns reissue put together for late October... It is killer indeed. ;) ERIC

YEAAAAHHHH!!!!