So here it is, my top 10 metal albums for 2012, and I must say, it's been a good year for death metal and grindcore.

10. Testament - Dark Roots Of The Earth

9. Napalm Death _ Utiltarian

8. Destruction - Spritual Genocide

7. Kreator - Phantom Antichrist

6. Marduk - Serpent Sermon

5. Pig Destroyer - Book Burner

4. Enslaved - RIITIR

3. Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity

2. Nile - At The Gates Of Sethu

1. Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme

Both Nile and Enslaved's albums, while pretty good, weren't as good as their predecessors.

Nowadays all I really listen to metalwise is White Zombie, Pantera, Metallica, Machine Head, Blind Guardian, and oh yeah King Diamond & Mercyful Fate.

I listen to a lot more music than just metal, but when I am in the mood that's usually where my Spotify lands.

• Like 1

Nowadays all I really listen to metalwise is White Zombie, Pantera, Metallica, Machine Head, Blind Guardian, and oh yeah King Diamond & Mercyful Fate.

I listen to a lot more music than just metal, but when I am in the mood that's usually where my Spotify lands.

It's good to have another KD fan around here. Andy LaRocque is one of my favourite guitarists.

• Like 1

I have been really digging Deftones lately, is this metal enough for this topic?

Not at all, but seeing as how I don't mind them, I'll let it pass. Their last 3 albums are all solid. In an alternative rock way.

Also,HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Who told Jason Newsted he should sing? Whoever it was, that gave me a good laugh, so thanks. That almost makes St. Anger look like Symbolic.

It's good to have another KD fan around here. Andy LaRocque is one of my favourite guitarists.

Nice! Yeah man Andy fuckin shreds. I flipped out when they put King Diamond in Guitar Hero Metallica. Huge fan. I think few others have pulled off the theatricality as well as he has.

Oh hey, speaking of theatrical metal acts.... Lordi anyone? They crack me up and the riffs and hooks are kick ass.

^Lordi don't do it for me.

Having run out of places to source metal from, I've resorted to searching metallum for African metal bands.There are actually some good bands.

Check out Egyptian band Scarab's "Blinding The Masses". Quite good.

Vale Of Amonition, just because I was interested in hearing what the hell an Ugandan prog/doom metal band would sound like. Sexy, you'll like this, although the production is a bit Darkthrone-ish

Seeing as I can post a few videos per post, I'll keep searching.

One thing I must note about the African metal scene, although it's mostly average, at least the genres are varied, which is more than can be said about Australia's "hey lets rip off Tool/Deathcore" scene.

Also, while I was searching, I came across Jamiaca's only metal band. Awesome, lol.

Part 2 of my African metal adventures (I plan on going there soon, hence my interest)

Crackdust - Botswana Death Metal (Don't know what's going on with the sound)

Amanaz - Zambian band that sound like a Black Black Sabbath. From 1975

And Juggernaught, a fairly entertaining Southern metal band from Seeth Airfrica.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

Part 2 of my African metal adventures (I plan on going there soon, hence my interest)

that old 70's band was pretty cool. Top youtube comment, everyone's immediate though \/

Its like Black Sabbath, except they're black

• Like 1

icon11.gif

that was pretty badass.

A couple of band I found clicking through related videos off a Blind Guardian Video. Woudlnt be surprised if you guys heard of them

• Like 1