Grand Theft Auto has always been an amazing game. Jacking cars, shooting suckers in the face, all that shit.

But have you ever thought it would be nice to change up the experience a bit? We've seen the toughened criminal bit many times. Do you think you would like to play as a cop for once?

Here's my train of thought. GTA 4 was an awesome game. I loved it. I played the shit out of it until there was nothing more. Then TLAD came out. And that was awesome! And I played the shit out of that too. But it didnt take so long. Then TBOGT came out, i played through it then put it away. The problem with this DLC is that it doesnt provide a lasting experience. Once you beat all the missions on all the games, youre faced with the choice of nationality of your character to keep it fresh. Thats it. Sure you get a few different cars and a few different guns, but a car's a car and a gun's a gun, right? I think playing as a cop would be a welcome change, even if it is only DLC.

Sorry for the long post. Tell me what you guys think. Do you think this would be fun? Any other ideas to keep it fresh?

Ni. GTA is about being a criminal. I would like to see a knew ip where you are a cop. Or maybe in a dlc for GTA you could be a cop. And la noire isn't what I would want because you can't do stupid stuff like in GTA. I had a dream once I was cruising with tennpeny and we were busting foos. Then we had a major gunfight with some hood rats.

Rockstar already made a cop game....it's called L.A. Noire.

Besides, it's be kind of silly to play as a cop in a game called Grand Theft Auto. I mean if you're playing as a good or misunderstood cop (à la Cole Phelps) then the game style that makes GTA games so great doesn't work, and if you're playing as a corrupt or bad cop then the fact hes a cop is pointless.

Besides there's nothing in the trailer that would lead anyone to believe that you might play as a cop. Just sayin'.

Yes, but not a Grand Theft Auto. People constantly want to play various scenarios, and just stick it into their GTA wishlist for whatever reason. If it was a cop game, it would have no reason at all to be called GTA.

I wouldn't really call L.A Noire a cop game. It's more of a detective game. And besides, it sucked.

And the name of the game being Grand Theft Auto shouldn't limit what they can do in terms of gameplay.

I wouldn't really call L.A Noire a cop game. It's more of a detective game. And besides, it sucked.

And the name of the game being Grand Theft Auto shouldn't limit what they can do in terms of gameplay.

But it has a general guideline.

Call Of Duty is and always will be a first person shooter, they're not going to change into a first person role playing game set in medieval times just because they can. Same with GTA it would be fucking stupid if you played a cop.

You play as Officer Cole Phelps of the Los Angeles Police Department and as you play the game you move through the different police rankings and move to different assignments in LAPD.

Sure you act as a detective in a detective game in L.A. Noire, because you are a detective, but at the same time a cop. So therefore it's both a cop and detective game.

And of course my point still stands, the very idea of GTA games doesn't mesh with playing as anything other type of cop than a corrupt cop and that defeats the purpose of your idea altogether.

• Like 5

Guest Marney-1

How about a modern noire. But made by rockstar.

Dunno how many times I have to tell people this but.....................nevermind, just

Alright you little cunt. I know bondi made the game and rockstar published. What im saying is rockstar make the game them self's.

Guest Marney-1

Alright you little cunt. I know bondi made the game and rockstar published. What im saying is rockstar make the game them self's.

My point was that Rockstar didn't just publish it.

No he didn't want to imply a game on RAGE engine or he would have said it. He wants a Grand Theft Auto to be a cop game or DLC, especially the post about why they shouldn't limit gameplay.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Time and time again these are the GTA players that make my hand meet my face.

Some of you may notice my multiple posts on giving more content that would suit those who like the idea of being an officer. Multiplayer outfits, more types of police cars, more flexibility in vigilante missions, etc. That would be more than enough for me.

Well what I might just like is like a character in the game who's a cop, but you kill him and take his police clothes, then you pretend to be a cop and bust cases, so how's my idea?

icon11.gif

NN NN OOOOOOO

NNN NN O O

NN N NN O O

NN N NN O O

NN N NN O O

NN N NN O O

NN N NN O O

NN NNN OOOOOOO

edit

seriously, no. Like people said, LA noire, true crime.

I like running around murdering random people for no reason. It wouldnt work as a cop at all. Even if you played a dirty cop like Francis McReary, it would be too over the top. Of course when you go on murder rampage it still doesnt fit the storyline with any common criminal. Like Niko wouldnt to that, but it would feel even more out of place.

Guest Marney-1

I'd rather play as a TSA agent touching female passengers up at the airport.

• Like 2

I'd rather play as a TSA agent touching female passengers up at the airport.

'MERICUH

I bet if they repackaged L.A. Noire under a Grand Theft Auto name you wouldn't call it shit then, you'd eat it up like the fanboy that you are.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

I bet if they repackaged L.A. Noire under a Grand Theft Auto name you wouldn't call it shit then, you'd eat it up like the fanboy that you are.

He probably thinks it sucked because he half expected it to be like GTA. I love L.A. Noire, it's a very very unique game and has given me countless hours of enjoyment.