He's assuming that the 747 type on the runway in Michaels trailer isn't pilotable, and we'll be like the taxi-ing ones in IV.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to pilot, and they probably will take off and land instead of just tooting around the airport.

Let me clarified myself. When i said the un-pilotables planes I meant the GTA 4 and other GTA games.

I believe it was IGN that noticed a military jet taking off from the military base. Sounds like AI planes will be more active.

I believe it was IGN that noticed a military jet taking off from the military base. Sounds like AI planes will be more active.

Can you post the link to it? I would like to read it myself.

Can you post the link to it? I would like to read it myself.

Turns out it wasn't IGN. And it wasn't a jet, either.

Straight off the bat, it's hard not to be impressed. Incidental detail is king here: what looks like a cargo plane arcs up into the sky in the distance, having taken off from the military base; a mountain lion scutters for cover in the hillsides of Mount Josiah (in a GTA first, Chilliad is no longer the only peak in the series); a quad bike moves along one of the countless mud trails, and cars along the mountain roads; and, gradually, the river edges closer, shimmering in the sunlight, and we can see two people fishing on its banks, a Winnebago parked next to them. Laid across it all (again, for the first time in a GTA game) is evidence of one of the game's dynamic scores, a soft, ambient track that perfectly captures the serene nature of the descent.

Now that we know we can pilot the blimp, i hope the airplanes are available for weapons mods. I'd love to put machine guns on a few Cropdusters and Stuntplanes and have Red Baron-esque dogfight. The blimp just makes it all that cooler, assuming you an shoot from it. Also heres hoping the WWII fighter makes a return.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool to see a Corsair or a Messerschmitt BF 109 if they were to include a World War II style plane.

99-a-1280.jpgbf109.jpg

Trying to imitate cyclic/collective movements with a Kinect would look like you're trying to jack off two dicks.

controls-gauges.jpg

Wouldn't go over too well. Best to leave it at flight-stick compatibility.

If they include the yaw and pitch using your feet, that would make it like jacking off three invisible dicks... Looks like a winner to me.

Also,

I hope they make it so that you can stall out.

I would like to see RC side missions (like in Vice City; Sitting in TopFun van). Also I would love it if they add the ability to take out the remote from pocket and use RC planes and helicopters anywhere not just in side missions like just for fun. For example using RC helicopter and chopping people's necks and arms with blades and cops following and shooting it until it is destroyed. It would be really funny and amusing. Cops should NOT shoot the player but the helicopter. Also flying RC planes aroung town would be cool.

• Like 1

I hope there is some kind of targeting system for locking onto other aircraft. So that you're not just blindly firing rockets that will almost certainly miss the target ( unless you're point blank range in front of them ). So I guess some kind of heat seeker, like Hellfire Missiles would be nice for the Fighter Jets and Attack Helicopters.

Also being able to lock onto any type of ground vehicle, not just Military/ Law Enforcement ( so a type of air-to-ground missile ).

Plus replace the shitty blind firing mini-guns from the Annihilator Helicopter in GTA lV. And Implement a proper heavy-gun platform at the nose of the attack helicopter, one were you can freely control it's direction and targeting yourself.

And Implement a proper heavy-gun platform at the nose of the attack helicopter, one were you can freely control it's direction and targeting yourself.

Yeah, those things were fucking bullshit. I literally flew up and down on the Y axis when shooting police helicopters, it was pretty ridiculous.

Protip: Navigate the Cinematic Camera to the gun-pod view. Move the Right Analog Stick down once (don't click it) to lock it into place. You will become an ace in a jiffy. (Y)

• Like 1

Protip: Navigate the Cinematic Camera to the gun-pod view. Move the Right Analog Stick down once (don't click it) to lock it into place. You will become an ace in a jiffy. (Y)

Never noticed that, guess I'll have to get the old game out and give it a try. +1 Respect Gun

Also, any damage to your cockpit/cabin windows will affect flight dynamics, making it more difficult to aim. If your glass is broken, get a health pack to repair it before you get into any fights.

• Like 1

I just hope that the AI is better than San Andreas in terms of flying. I mean, it is cool to walk through Los Santos with planes dropping left and right from hitting tall buildings, but it has killed me too many times in the past...or maybe that's just my shit luck lol

I came out of a club once and watched in amusement as a rather large plane decided to land sideways in the alley across the street. Even though it was great fun to watch, I agree.^