Sign in to follow this  

I know there aren't many PC players on here, but any of you played this yet? I'm thinking of getting ArmA II: CO tomorrow to play this mod. The combination of realistic physics and survival horror looks really interesting to me and I think this will probably be something I will play for a long time.

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease. Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight, on top of that they use motion captured animations such as walking and eating from your unconscious body. If you look into any built up area you'll see them walking around waiting for their next victim which dares to venture in.

New weapons and vehicles! - Ever felt like you needed a Crossbow? Or maybe a less military like weapon? If you have then this is perfect for you as we have both of these created to high quality standards all ready for your use in this wasteland. On top of that you can even pick up the bolts fired from the Crossbow to reuse! Not only that we also have created custom vehicles which can be repaired and ridden around to show the world what you're made of!

Custom Medical System - ArmA II's magic medic feature is a thing of the past with this medical system - If you get shot, expect to bleed and to lose blood until you're bandaged up. Lost too much blood? Then expect to fall over unconscious. If you get shot in the leg then you won't be able to walk until you get morphine so you can man up. Pain is also a factor taken into consideration so without pain killers after taking an injury you'll continue to shake. This is medical at it's best!

Persistent Server - Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!

Tons of new objects - We haven't just added in big things like weapons, we take pride in little details so expect to find things such as water canteens, a number of canned foods, junk and car parts (Along with more!) each of which have their own models, textures and UI imagery, once again all created to that high quality you expect in a full scale modification and we're sure you won't be disappointed with it. Nothing has been rushed.

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by a very subtle GUI which doesn't effect the atmosphere, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Heavy Optimisation - The DayZ server has been designed to give the best play possible. Custom coding and edits have created a smooth running world which can easily have thousands of zombies spawned at once!

And Much More! - The only way to find out - is to survive!

dayzmod.com

I really recommend you to buy Arma 2: CO, and download the DayZ modification afterwards. I'm playing DayZ for 2 months now, and it's not even getting bored so far. Leave me a PM or anything else if you got problems with installing DayZ, as it's hard for some people.

Yeah, I got it yesterday and got it running after a little googling. Thanks though. ;) For anyone having trouble running it; make sure that both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead have admin rights and you should be good to go.

I was thinking about buying Operation Arrowhead as I already have ARMA 2 installed.

I was hooked on DayZ videos for ages lol, is it still a fun mod to play? Last I heard it has become a bit tedious, not starting out with a gun, getting killed every time by players, etc.

PVP is great but being spawn killed 24/7 sucks.

I've never spawned near another player, I don't know if they added that in a patch or it is just luck on my part though. It is quite annoying that you don't start with a pistol, but it adds to the survival aspect and once you get used to where the weapons spawn, it's not really a problem. I do think it is a game that is probably best played with mates, but none of mine have it, so I usually play by myself.

I'd like to play it but I don't have a PC powerful enough, I'm in the process of saving and building a custom. I've been watching a large amount of youtube videos on this and it's actually nice, I'd wish it was an actual game and not a mod.

They're making a standalone game using the ARMA III engine which should be amazing. It won't have all the stupid bugs like ARMA II does.

I was crawling through a door and I broke my leg, bled out to around 1000 blood and lost all my shit lol.

I was lucky as fuck yesterday though. I was literally in the middle of no where on my own heading north in these woods. I stop to take a look at what I have in a bag and I'm getting shot by some dude. I go from having 10k blood to around 3k blood so I'm running like shit dodging his other shots. I find a big tree to bandage myself up behind but then I pass out, Luckily it was only quick so I bandaged myself then hauled ass outa there.

That was the closest I've ever came to dying and my heart was beating like a motherfucker lol. I have so much decent shit on me I'd be gutted if I died.

Now I'm trying to find an animal to gut and kill to get my blood level back up. I only have 3k blood right now so if I run into anyone else I'm fucked.

Animal blood transfusion. lol

I've been sort of interested in this game for a while, but can't be bothered to buy arma 2 just for it... I may wait to see if they do make a new standalone version on the A3 engine then.