Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum so please don't be too rough! :D

Anyways... i would like to see some realistic gun movement/physics in GTA5. Like R* did in Max Payne 3, where the slide of the gun would blow back to have a little more realism to it. Also the ejected shells should be tangible by the player (not that you'd want to kick around a shell for an hour). Also, when you reload, the magazine should have physics applied to it too, and fall to the ground when you switch it out. I might be asking for too much, but it would still be real neat! :P

In previous GTA games all you had was a solid gun that just looked pretty and shot whatever you aimed at. Hopefully we'll get some actual gun mechanics and not just an object that shoots.

What do you think? Let the people speak!!

• Like 1

Thought it was good in MP3, except the fact it was realistic to a point where you couldn't carry an RPG in your pocket. But the shooting mechanics in it were far better than previous games.

• Like 1

I want to be able to run and shoot with one hand. Or have the option to use two hands.

• Like 1

Max Payne 3's gun mechanics were really well done. Though the "3 guns max" type system I think would not work well in GTA. I always thought it was pretty funny to see niko pull out an RPG from the inside of his jacket :) I think that's what a lot of people would want is a badass with a ton of weapons.

im also new, :jumpy:

id really like to carry a ak-47 and m4 at the same time because in past GTAs you could only carry 1 machine gun or 1 melee weapon and every weapon is pared up with another, id really like to see satchel charges again and last but not least id like to shoot a RPG out of a car (mabye in a mission?)

OH YEA and bring better un stores

It would be sweet to be able to shoot rpgs and machine guns out windows.

I want to be able to run and shoot with one hand. Or have the option to use two hands.

I never thought of that, i wonder how that will work to be able to switch how you'd hold your gun.

Great idea tho!

im also new, :jumpy:

id really like to carry a ak-47 and m4 at the same time because in past GTAs you could only carry 1 machine gun or 1 melee weapon and every weapon is pared up with another, id really like to see satchel charges again and last but not least id like to shoot a RPG out of a car (mabye in a mission?)

OH YEA and bring better un stores

Coolio! Welcome.

I know what you mean, but i think carrying one of each tier weapon on you at one time was silly enough for GTA, but when you can just carry anything you want? Well.....

But they could do a thing where you could carry any weapon you like, but have a certain amount of open slots that you have.

And you should be able to shoot out the window of a car with any weapon! But if its a two handed weapon like an AK or a RPG, you would lose the ability to steer for as long as your shooting.

That's actually a great idea. Would love a mission where you sit shotgun or in the backseat shooting out of windows at pursuers or in a driveby.

I would be surprised if there was no dual weild of pistols in GTA V, it's so common these days. And gun upgrades like in Saint's Row 3 was pretty good because they were simple and effective not overly complicated.

What I would like is at least the ability to use a RPG and a Sniper Rifle from a helicopter if you are a passenger. I found it disappointing when first played GTA 4 online with my friends and could not use them.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

That's actually a great idea. Would love a mission where you sit shotgun or in the backseat shooting out of windows at pursuers or in a driveby.

I like that idea but firing an RPG from within any enclosed space in real life would leave you and your passengers badly fucked up. But seeing as this is a game, why not?

I like that idea but firing an RPG from within any enclosed space in real life would leave you and your passengers badly fucked up. But seeing as this is a game, why not?

Well, your character can store an RPG/sniper, an assault rifle, SMG, pistol, shotgun, baseballbat/chainsaw/kantana/knife, hundreds of grenades and finally thousands of rounds of ammo in a single pocket, so I don't see why not.

Guest Marney-1

Well, your character can store an RPG/sniper, an assault rifle, SMG, pistol, shotgun, baseballbat/chainsaw/kantana/knife, hundreds of grenades and finally thousands of rounds of ammo in a single pocket, so I don't see why not.

And a mobile phone.

Well any two handed weapons shotguns assault rifles. Not only shooting rpgs.

When your in a gun fight, it is key to keep moving, it would be wise for GTA to add a more smooth run flow when shooting or switching positions, also being able to get out of the way of danger quickly whether it be a car or someone laying down alot of gunfire.

When your in a gun fight, it is key to keep moving, it would be wise for GTA to add a more smooth run flow when shooting or switching positions, also being able to get out of the way of danger quickly whether it be a car or someone laying down alot of gunfire.

The movement mechanics and animations in Max Payne 3 is what youre looking for. The flow between movements and shooting is tops in that game.

I want to be able to carry a tank in my pocket

It's already possible to carry a a helicopter in your mobile phone, and your phone goes in your pocket so that's plausible.

The movement mechanics and animations in Max Payne 3 is what youre looking for. The flow between movements and shooting is tops in that game.

It may be realistic, but I hate it. It's too clunky and unresponsive at some points, and is what usually gets me killed...

Guest Marney-1
Rockstar have posted an update on what they've done to improve weapons in Max Payne 3 multiplayer based on user feedback. What I like most is that they've "correctly decreased damage from suppressed weapons" which gives us hope that whatever they're leaning from the awesome Max Payne 3 arsenal they will probably implement into GTA V.

i hope they have an RDR style weapon wheel cause i dont like swiching through a cluster fuck of weapons...especially hate when i die cause i couldnt get to my ak in time

Yea haha i was just thinking about that. I guess it would be ok, i wouldnt see the point tho. I personally wouldnt use the RPG in the car cuz it is too Saints row for me. the MG would be pretty sick tho, i guess loosing some steering for 4 secs while i do a drive by wouldnt kill me....or would it lol... but none the less it would be nice to use other weapons in vehicles.

I want to be able to carry a tank in my pocket

If you use Cheats you basically can haha

...Who says I don't wanna kick around a shell for an hour?

you caught me red handed, I would be the first person to shoot a hundred rounds outa my AK-47 and roll around on the shells. Hey, you cant underestimate people on the forums! wait, im quoting the wrong person... *clicks post button anyway*

Myself, I think that if the gun moves more realisticly ( slide moving, clips falling out, shells flying out) , and if they look better, id be fine with me. Maybe smoother gun fights would help too. But going to the extent of Customization, i think Extened mags ( upgrade) would be cool, and maybe different types of bullets like:explosive/incendiary, regular, Armor peircing, Frangible, and for shotguns Explosive,Slugs,BuckShot, Bean Bag( non leathal), and for pistols there should be incendiary/tracers, Full metal Jacket, hollow points, and frangible. For those who dont know what these are or do, Just Personal message me on the forums and i will explain, OR send a link to a place were it explains in technical terms/in detail.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

What are frangible rounds? I already know but I just want you to tell us here so people don't have to waste their time PM'ing you.