cuda

What are you reading?

I'm still powering through Stephen King's The Stand. My God, what a book. If you're up to a 1500-page monster when you're not busy, go for it.

I'm reading Peacful Privates. I mean! Pieces of Privates I mean! Private Pieces I mean! Private Peacful. Yeh, that's the one. Great book, I hear it's popular in England..

Only because it's a GCSE piece. Nobody would read it otherwise.

I guess I have a bad taste in literature. I never really look at the ratings of a book or how praised the author is, I just read it.

It's a good book, just nobody would read it if it wasn't set as a piece of coursework.

Can anyone recommend a good American Revolution book? I'd like to get to know the historical context in advance of playing Assassin's Creed III when it comes out this fall. I want something interesting and engaging, but not dry. Suggestions for fiction or non-fiction are welcome.

Just got back from the library. Found a novel by Jeff Shaara on the American Revolution to prep for ACIII, a collection of H.P. Lovecraft, and an early George R.R. Martin book called The Armaggedon Rag, which is a murder mystery completely unlike the Song of Ice and Fire series. It's pouring rain, time to curl up by the fire with a book!

• Like 1

51yekSjJOFL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51TJywxB4RL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

So I got a good start this weekend on The Glorious Cause since I found a hard copy at the library. It's been a few weeks, I've been waiting for the first book to become available digitally from there too. Just downloaded A Rise to Rebellion, since I'd rather read them in order, the first book starts with the Boston Massacre. I suspect he can't technically be listed as a historical writer, but all his content is deeply researched, just presented in a decent prose that's nothing like dry textbook language. It's a good read, I'd recommend it, it seems ideal for someone like me who is unfamiliar with US history.

icon11.gif

I was gonna post

"Im reading all your posts lul"

but bones did on the first page. I lul'd a lil'bit.

Last book I read was Bret Harts. Before that, Eddie Guerrero's lol. Yup wrestlers books.

Guerrero did a lot of drugs so it was pretty good.

Bret's was awesome. A lot bout traveling with midgets and cheating on his wife.

good times

Just started re-reading 1984.

I read that book twice and stopped reading in the same spot twice....

Its a very drab book. Very grey.

Right now im reading The Road...

I read The Shooters ( a gallery of gunmen from the old west) to my lady as she falls asleep. It always makes me think of meeting her in RDR coop matches. Great section on Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp.