cuda

What are you reading?

Going to start reading The Dark Tower series soon. Just need to find a copy of the first one.

The first one can be harder to find than the others. (I have a special edition with illustrations (Y)). Try your closest library.

Just finished reading Gone Girl... I know, the hype caught up to me. I thought the book was mediocre at best. The concept was interesting, but as with many whodunnit novels, I only kept reading to finish the book. It didn't capture me much. And also, the protagonist reminded me of myself too much, and he was a bit of an asshole. 

Any recommendations?

Go Charles Bukowski.

I really want to pick up the rest of his books.

Pleasures of the Damned is a pretty comprehensive anthology, if you're interested in sampling his poetry.

I'm already about 700 pages into the first Outlander book. 18th century Scotland is both lethal and mesmerizing. The next eight books should keep me busy for a while, and help soothe the sting of missing out on crew events for the time being.

If I start speaking with a Scottish brogue and checking what you boys have under your kilts, kindly forgive me.

I feel like I've been missing out on great literature, it's all about catching up. I don't necessarily read fast either, most of my reading happens during the night, unfortunately it's not every night I can read, other night time activities often take over and I find myself outside with drink in hand or keeping someone else's feet warm in a random bed in Kent. I've recently made the decision that I don't want to drink anymore during the week, this has been helping my reading time considerably. As the days go by and I keep myself sober, I am able to sleep a little bit better and my hands are less shaky in the morning,I also no longer wake up to a feeling of incoming dread. Somehow this post went from books to me admitting my borderline alcoholism problem.

• Like 1

I'm reading 4-6 books a week at the moment...  I don't like TV and I read on the bus...

Over the past couple of months I've read all of Chuck Palahniuk and Irvine Welsh...  Got into Scandinavian crime novels and have read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole books and some Icelandic guy whose name I can't remember...  

I have just finished Walter Mosley's Leonid McGill mystery series and an aussie book called The Slap, which is quite a good read...

I'm running low on inspiration... any recommendations?

• Like 2

I'm reading 4-6 books a week at the moment...  I don't like TV and I read on the bus...

Over the past couple of months I've read all of Chuck Palahniuk and Irvine Welsh...  Got into Scandinavian crime novels and have read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole books and some Icelandic guy whose name I can't remember...  

I have just finished Walter Mosley's Leonid McGill mystery series and an aussie book called The Slap, which is quite a good read...

I'm running low on inspiration... any recommendations?

If you'd consider stepping back into fantasy again, a few years ago I read the Long Price Quartet, I've read loads of fantasy series, but this one has in my opinion the most interesting concept - poets and andats.

Murakami? I read something by him some time ago and it was quite good.

I picked up and started on,

51grMGCKivL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

because my dumbass never got around to read it before.

• Like 1

The book I'm reading, A Million Little Pieces, is a "true story" about a guys stay in rehab and overcoming his addiction. Well, I just found out that he confessed and said he made it all up. I'm like 6 chapters in but jeez, what a buzzkill. Thinking about tossing it to the side now

The book I'm reading, A Million Little Pieces, is a "true story" about a guys stay in rehab and overcoming his addiction. Well, I just found out that he confessed and said he made it all up. I'm like 6 chapters in but jeez, what a buzzkill. Thinking about tossing it to the side now

Well if it helps it's based on something true by the sound of it. People go to rehab for addiction all the time. Shame he just made up most of it.