cuda

What are you reading?

I never did get to read The Kite Runner, so that has been entertaining me in the last couple of nights - it's a powerful book for sure.

And The Mountains Echoed - K. Hosseini

Brilliant book, he truly is a genius story-teller. Although I prefer single narratives, this has to be an exception. Stories within stories, he juxtaposes characters and parallels chapters with ease, all related but across different eras and continents. Even his first story within a story, is a metaphor for the entire book, but this is never explained and left to the reader to put together. My favorite book of the year so far, Hosseini tugs at your heartstrings effortlessly.

• Like 1

I've been reading a lot of things outside my usual genres,

portnoys-complaint.jpg

410MZ2FASWL.jpg

I'm starting on,

Diceman.jpg

Also, I want to get on with Hosseini's latest book, like Indy suggested above.

• Like 1

I really dig his writing style, I will be checking some of his other books for sure. Ham on Rye was a great and easy read.

• Like 1

Cuda, how was Ham on the Rye. I've finished Post Office(hilarious btw). I'm thinking about getting it.

Cuda, how was Ham on the Rye. I've finished Post Office(hilarious btw). I'm thinking about getting it.

Definitely topping the list this year for me,

I will have to get the rest of his books, apparently they all (or close to all?) follow the same main character.

Currently reading:

catch%2B22.jpg

• Like 2

I finished this the other day - also called Love, Rosie - it's pretty great and is true to life in a way about how life and complications stops you from making choices and how those choices then change your life for the worse or the better.

post-764-0-15141800-1414315614.jpg

Just read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood... I can easily imagine a dystopian future as described in this book... very good book...

I am powering through at least 3-4 books a week at the moment... I might need some recommendations soon...

• Like 1

:jumpy: Atwood is one of my fav authors of all time. If you read Oryx and Crake, you simply must read The Year of the Flood, it's set years later. (I'm pretty sure I've posted the cover ITT, in fact).

Go on an Atwood binge, she's worth it. I studied a lot of CanLit at university, I should know. Highlights are: Alias Grace, a haunting tale written by a woman accused of murder...and another dystopian snapshot in The Handmaid's Tale. That's always been one of my fav books of hers, I have a first edition that I got signed when I met her once. I don't get starstruck easily but that was a happy day. Her poetry is incredible too, if you're into that shit.

• Like 1

Yep, The Year of the Flood is next, then Maddadam(?)...

I hope light is shed on what happened to Snowman... Books that end just before a big event frustrate me no end...

Poetry isn't really my thing but I love her short stories...

• Like 1

The Year of the Flood was awesome so onto Maddadam...

I thought Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk was pretty good. A dude tries to take control of the world by controlling female sexual desire... Well written and quite funny...

• Like 1