cuda

What are you reading?

Come on, I am THE douche.

Why does this Jennifer Hillier broad need to separate the dots in all ellipsis with spaces? Does everyone have a bad ellipsis case on the internet?

At least the ratings on Goodreads aren't just women pasting gifs, thank fuck.

I find it fucking hilarious when people who aren't old school italians call people broad's.

u look so sexy imo

thx for that Sanpreet, right back atcha

Finished Buddy Guy's autobiography, "When I Left Home" in a few hours. It's a quality read, making it pretty hard to put down. It chronicles his humble roots in backwoods Lu'zianna and his first brush with a guitar, up to and beyond his pilgrimage to Chicago and subsequent rise to popularity. It offers a glimpse into the (often shady) music business and the spiritual bid'ness of the 'lectric blues as told in Buddy's epic style. Everything from the man's loving friendships with legends like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, and Junior Wells to the goings-on at his Legends club in Chicago are discussed with wistful fondness and the soulful passion that could only come from the likes of Buddy.

Fans of the man or fans of the blues as a whole will get a kick and some valuable lessons out of this read. (Ace, get on this) As you'll discover, the blues is about more than just tears -- the blues is composed of laughter and joy, love and hate, anguish and despair. Yes, the blues is half tears and half laughs. You'll be shedding plenty of both when you crack open this book.

Man, that was good shit. I like King's apocalyptic stuff. How did you like it, Parker?

I thought it was one of the most creative books I've read in a long time. And it gave me nightmares of naked men with car aerials chasing me down a dead end road....

• Like 1

I'm reading the songs of ice and fire series. Jumped on that bandwagon. I have read a lot in the genre most of my life but only came to this series through the show. Good read so far.

• Like 1

After something like 4 months, I have finally found the time to start reading again, even if only for like 30 minutes a day. Anyway, I never did finish Emperor of Thorns, so I started from the beginning again.

Pleased to see that 1/3 through the book Jorg has decapitated a woman out of no where and killed a little girl just 15/20 pages later.

Almost done with Prince of Thorns and it has been a very interesting read, it is much different than the common fantasy series, so I'm writing a few things because I liked this book and I like you too:

Jorg is a badass, he is the definition of hate and darkness, he rapes and kills as he pleases but also gives good philosophy input on life. Few things that make Jorg a badass:

• Gets in a duel (supposedly with swords), grabs a crossbow and kills his opponent.
  • Eats the hearth of a Necromancer just for kicks.
  • Uses nuclear weapons to kill a whole town (serious).
  • Kills plenty of his posse for being loud mouths to him.
  • Pushes one guy off a cliff to make a point.
  • Finds sex with a whore weird because he didn't have to actually rape her.

One thing you should really know is, the book takes place in the future, it is my understanding that there was a worldwide nuclear holocaust and the human race basically started from zero again.

So yeah, need to add this to the list:

• Decapitates a woman just to able to use her head as a throwing weapon.

• Like 1

Should I start with the Prince of Thorns, Cuda? I'd also like realistic/historical fiction recommendations, I love good war stories.

I loved Prince of Thorns and I don't really read that genre - it's best to start the trilogy at the beginning... Prince to King to Emperor...

Don't really read war books but the wartime memoirs of Spike Milligan are quite humorous but you have to be down with his sense of the absurd (The one I remember most was Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall). Best war book (fiction) I remember reading was Catch 22 by Joseph Heller, which is again satirical and slightly mad, but doesn't really go too much into the warfare...

Analog is reading Slaughterhouse Five. It's a fictionalized memoir of Vonnegut's time in the Yankee military during WWII (also, he works in time travel, fucking on other planets, and aliens in there, too), with lots of intredasting characters based on the folks he served alongside.

Finished Slaughterhouse Five a couple days ago. Fantastic fucking novel!!!

You should check it out, Brian. The book is almost like a cloaked autobiography. While there's plenty of satire and science fiction aspects to the book, the story itself is for the most part a memoir of an American POW captured by the Germans in WWII. He ends up one of the only survivors of the Dresden bombings. This is all what the author also went through in the war.

It's very different from most war stories because it doesn't glorify the army or war at all. It's a very sad, bleak narrative that is undeniably anti-war. However, there's plenty of humor and irony scattered throughout.

Did I mention the main character also travels through time involuntarily and gets abducted by aliens called Tralfamadorians who keep him as a zoo display? Should definitely mention that. The book is a total mindfuck and I feel compelled to read it again.

I've my own interpretation of the overall story because it's very complex and leaves one to ask a lot of questions. I won't post my thoughts in case someone here wants to read it.

Check it out, Brian. You won't be disappointed. Plus, it was only around 300 pages if I recall.

• Like 3

Should I start with the Prince of Thorns, Cuda? I'd also like realistic/historical fiction recommendations, I love good war stories.

Yes you should. I wish I had Jorg Ancrath in my life at 15, I'd be twice the badass today.

• Like 2

Kurt Vonnegut in general is always a good choice.

Took me way too long to discover it. Next up is going to be "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" which my friend suggested to me.

I'll start it after I finish this one I just started: "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac.

• Like 1

One of the few instances in which I have seen the movie, but have not read the book. The story is solid. Well-written and insightful. The movie is the perfect example of child actors who do not suck. Read the book, then watch the movie.