cuda

What are you reading?

I'm reading The Original Sinners Series.

There are three, with one being published now.

I have finished the first one The Siren. It is unlike anything I have read.

Part of the story revolves around a Catholic priest who falls in love with a fifteen year old girl. It has violence in it and is quite sad nearer the end.

Can't wait to read the rest!

I'm reading The Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner.

I bought a collection of his, I'm already through As I Lay Dying, so next I will start on Light in August.

I'm really into Southern Gothic.

Just finished Damned by Chuck Palahniuk and am trying to get Skagboys by Irvine Welsh from the library.

Heh, I picked Skagboys up in the new release section during my last trip to the library. But I had a huge CanLit craving and left with some Atwood and Ondaatje instead. I find I have to mutter Irvine Welsh aloud to comprehend it, perhaps I'll grab it next time.

Just picked up The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. Highly suggested, especially to anyone who has ever said, "I just don't have the time."

And to anyone into the 60s, Classic Rock music, and cars, The Last Rock And Roll Show by William Daniel White is a great read

I've been reading a lot of autobiographys lately.

Just finished reading Chris Eubank's and Nigel Benn's.

Benn's was a good read, spent time in the army, involved in a few orgys. I enjoyed it.

Currently reading Stan Collymore's (Nottingham Forest player) autobiography.

I've been reading a lot of autobiographys lately.

Just finished reading Chris Eubank's and Nigel Benn's.

Benn's was a good read, spent time in the army, involved in a few orgys. I enjoyed it.

Currently reading Stan Collymore's (Nottingham Forest player) autobiography.

It will be interesting to see who had the most orgies, Benn or Collymore??

QD: Yeah, I probably enjoy it for that reason. It's dark, yet mundane about it.

Just started reading Xenocide, the third of the Ender quartet. Should be good.

I had to read Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow in school, and I thoroughly enjoyed them both

QD: Yeah, I probably enjoy it for that reason. It's dark, yet mundane about it.

Just started reading Xenocide, the third of the Ender quartet. Should be good.

I had to read Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow in school, and I thoroughly enjoyed them both

Yeah, I'll probably have a look at the Shadow series after I'm done with the books based on Ender.

Finally having some time to catch up on reading, fantasy has been my thing these past 2 years... I'm halfway through with Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.

Joe has written an amazing trilogy (there are also 3 other books that take place in the same Universe as the trilogy - Best Served Cold being one of them), I cannot recommend reading "The Blade Itself" trilogy enough, Joe knows how to write.

554087_611570288873583_1755017935_n.jpg

I've started on the first book of Jo Nesbø's Oslo trilogy. It's called The Redbreast, next up are Nemesis and The Devil's Star.

i just finished Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark by C.J Roberts...

synopsis:

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, and graphic violence.

i absolutely loved it, even though it can be quite dark at times.

i just finished Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark by C.J Roberts...

synopsis:

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, and graphic violence.

i absolutely loved it, even though it can be quite dark at times.

Thanks for white text update, skipper.

Oh, and I'm reading Leviathan Wakes.

leviathan-wakes.jpg

I've just started reading Noel Gallagher's autobiography.

He's one of the few celebs I like. Besides being inordinately talented I think he's hilarious.

And he's lived a proper rock 'n roll life, drugs, booze, women and general hell raising.

I like for a couple of other important reasons: He hit Liam Gallagher with a cricket bat and

he headbutted Liam Gallagher.

Should be an entertaining read.

Starting up on Prince of Thorns, lets see how it goes.

us_prince.jpg

A review I read online says:

Well, guys, I did it. I fucking finished it to the last page. I was very much tempted to drop it after, within the first few pages, the protagonist manages to rape two women and murder one of the members of his band of men without any regrets whatsoever.

So yeah, I have high hopes for this one.