on the first real mission of blood money I couldn't find a way to last guy because every time I go to pick this door a guard comes. But I finally found a route by climbing up the pipe to his window.

I hope they don't dumb it down to make it more accessible.

I hope it isn't dumbed down in any way. I'm sure it wont be though, they like making Hitman challenging.

Hitman: Absolution's director says only 20 percent of player will see the final level of the game. Not because they lack the skill, but simply because that's what cold, calculated metrics tell them.

Read the rest here:

http://www.joystiq.c...man-absolution/

This might suggest that each level is so fun to play, you'll want to keep playing the over and over.

Man Im pretty impatient with this one Ill be better because Im a lot more patient than I was all those years ago when the last one came out but I hope you can complete the storyline without jumping through a million rings of fire. Yeah it should be tough but I hope all they consider to 'completing' is side stuff thats unecessary to completing the objectives like with gta

i was playing some "hitman: silent assassin" yesterday... wow, i kinda forgot how unforgiving this game is... despite knowing how to beat the first real mission a few different ways, i could only make it work one way... and the next mission was really easy, yet i kept failing it anyways... i might play some more today, but i don't think i will make it all the way through it, i might move on to the next one in the trilogy box, "contracts" i do believe...

...never mind that, i just reached the 10th mission and once i got past the steep learning curve, i am still dying a lot :lol:... but i am getting better at handling the situation, and i am not afraid to get my hands full of blood if i have to... i've learned that in "silent assassin", if no one is sorta near, you pick people off that are in your way... it ruins the challenge a bit but, you are after all a cold-blooded killer... sometimes you gotta do what you were born to do...

i get frustrated a lot but that's what happens when you die a lot, or fail an objective, or alert the guards at the absolute worst time... like i said a ways back in this thread, it's a trial and error kind of game... you won't know how to fully exploit the level until you've died a few times exploring it :lol:...

i elect this be called the "hitman" topic... i might be playing thru the trilogy and wouldn't mind blathering on about it... ohh, and i think this video needs to be watched, it's the creators talking you through a mission previously demoed... and it really explains the dynamics of the game, all 15 minutes of it :D...

beat hitman: silent assassin... fun stuff, but i clearly don't remember the second half of the missions... i must of not played all the way through it, and i am pretty sure i didn't play all the way through the last two either... so i guess i only beat hitman: codename 47 on the PC...

i kinda forgot that you can play this as a shooter too, you just have limited health so you wanna make sure your kills and stealth blend well together on a lot of missions, like hiding bodies if it's a single kill... i tried to play the entire game without killing in the open... but what happens often, even after playing a level over and over, is you can't always get the same exact results every retry so you have to be willing to adapt on the fly if you want to finish the mission...

it's vintage hitman tactics to be honest :D... it makes you that much better at the rest of the game when you're able to slip in and out of disguise and line of sight...

looking forward to playing "contracts", then "blood money" at some point to get me all caught up... i know i didn't get far in either game so it should feel very fresh to me... it'll give me a game to play when i can't decide on something...

but in the meantime, i'll keep looking for new info on absolution... here's some patrick brown art, when doesn't this guy do something awesome?!

post-24-0-43619200-1341374543_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think of the instinct system?

I think it's good that we'll be able to approach a mission without just a trial and error method, but I enjoyed trying to use my own instinct to predict where people would travel or what could be used as a tool to help further my goal. But at the same time I think that if they've balanced it well, it should add another dimension to the game, as opposed to simply reducing the difficulty. Of course, it's not as if I HAVE to use it. But that would be like not using the dead eye feature in Red Dead Redemption.

Does instinct include the built-in wallhack or is that something different?

You're right about it allowing you to focus on planning a mission rather than wait around and find out what the NPCs paths are for yourself. I'm not sure I'll use it much though, and it will definitely stay off after the first playthrough.

The dead eye ripoff will be too fun to use to not use at all, but it's also a great way to lose that Silent Assassin rating.

I quite like the wallhack thing though. It's a much more efficient way of displaying NPC locations without constantly having to use the magical map (which has always been there, so people can't complain about it being easier, it's just more convenient).

yea, ducking in and out of the map menu was quite the chore, i am actually glad that i don't have to do that anymore... it takes you out of the game when your stuck staring a map to study an enemies path... it's nice to watch it unfold in front of you... i think it's actually smart to be using it, it shows you the interest points and enemies in plain sight, instead of having to pause the game to look at a map in real time... now i know what i am looking for, instead of wondering what i am looking for...

EDIT: no doubt about it though, i am pretty sure it's still gonna be a trial and error kind of game... despite knowing enemy paths in real time, they're not gonna act like a robot anymore... it's more dynamic, they're going to look for you if you've already been exposed... whereas, the previous games forget that your there if you kill all the enemies in the area... i would imagine that in absolution, they're going to know something is up...

they've talked a lot about the dynamics of the AI with absolution... none of the previous games offered this much adaptability with the enemies... they flank, they walk randomly at times, they know their surroundings... if they know something isn't right, they investigate or call for backup...

Wow that 'Run For Your Life' Video you posted was brilliant to watch. It still feels like Hitman, but looks so much more polished in terms of AI, fluidity, and graphically of coarse. I'm looking forward to this game even more now after watching that!

The instinct system looks a bit out of place though. I can see how it would help, but it reminds me of the blue 'Drive Line' in Gran Turismo... I know there is more to it than just watching the AI paths, but it sort of takes the fun out of stealthing imo. I like to think fast in stealth situations, not rely on some matrix looking system to linearly follow through-out the game...

you do have to pick and choose when to use it, because there's that meter that burns when you use that matrix thing... i would probably use that more for disquises since i am always cutting it close when trying to sneak by...

started playing hitman contracts today... it feels quite different, but i am noticing that some of these levels are similar to the first hitman... hmm, i hope they have the hotel mission :D...

:bones:<{ i just farted!! }

Has anyone seen the 'Deluxe Professional Edition' they announced a few days ago? Basically another £20 for a shitty bobblehead.

HitmanDeluxe.jpg

I would actually be interested if it was a proper statue.

Also, for the sniper challenge I've worked out a method to earn 700,000 points in 90 seconds. Shouldn't take too long to get to the 50 million you need to unlock everything now. I'm currently sitting at 26 mill with all challenges unlocked.

Has anyone seen the 'Deluxe Professional Edition' they announced a few days ago? Basically another £20 for a shitty bobblehead.

HitmanDeluxe.jpg

I would actually be interested if it was a proper statue.

Also, for the sniper challenge I've worked out a method to earn 700,000 points in 90 seconds. Shouldn't take too long to get to the 50 million you need to unlock everything now. I'm currently sitting at 26 mill with all challenges unlocked.

Woww. They give you a cartoonish bobblehead! For 20 extra euros they should give you a max payne type statue.

I'm stuck on the third level of blood money.

This is the theatre right?

Go into the toilets right at the beginning and wait for everybody to leave but this one maintenance dude in green overalls to come in. Fibre wire him real quick, take his clothes and put him in the green dumpster at the right side of the toilet, then navigate to the backstage area, go up the metal stairs and navigate to where the massive chandelier hangs over. Plant a bomb on that. Then climb down a ladder to a small maintenance section, when the shooting section comes on, after he's shot him (fake gun) cap him with your silence silver ballers (hopefully they have the red dot sight on them) and then wait for him to be discovered as dead. The other target will run into the theatre, TRIP OVER and thats when you blow the bomb, the chandelier falls and kills him, basically then you just need to run back the way you came and gtfo.

^^ they always do when you read the walkthroughs... it always makes me wonder why i make it so difficult with multiple disguises and hiding out in bathrooms studying guard movement...

$20 extra for a toy and an artbook?? pass... i also saw that all the major retailers are doing that "outfit/gun" pre-order pack like bestbuy and amazon... reminds me of the item packs that LA noire and fallout new vegas did... again, pass...

besides, i've got the best pre-order bonus out there... the sniper challenge, which will unlock once the game comes out, and all my sniper upgrades and gun will carry over into the base game... and how are you managing 700,000 in 1:30?? i finally found a nice groove on that mission where i do a few challenges while pulling off mostly headshots, one environmental kill (the barrels) and one double kill at the end... i try to use as many moving headshots as i can, but i don't want to miss since you're penalized 1,000 points for every bullet you use... i just passed 30,000,000 points a few nights ago...

-----------

the hitman facebook page just reached 1,000,000 fans and they released a patrick brown painting to celebrate... seriously, this guy is simply amazing... it shows off most of the outfits they've teased for absolution...

post-24-0-44565000-1341759815.jpg

the hitman facebook page just reached 1,000,000 fans and they released a patrick brown painting to celebrate... seriously, this guy is simply amazing... it shows off most of the outfits they've teased for absolution...

snip

I think it encompases all of the outfits. The bird outfit is from

the mardi gras level from blood money

Hitman is actually a really simple game once you've beat a mission once.

• Like 1