DuPz0r

GTA Picture Thread

This thread has got me thinking GTA IV was a few years ahead of its time, there still isn't anything that comes close to how brilliant it is. B)

GTA IV was made without many boundries, that's why it had loads of technical problems when they first released it because they had all this head-room but they didn't know how much RAGE the PS3 and 360 could handle at the time. The Rage engine is now still in it's infancy, and it has a lot of raw power which a PC can use but the consoles can't. But I'm sure they'll have loads of new optimized graphic tricks up their sleeves when the next GTA is released. Hopefully we'll be looking at something similar to these images on consoles too :D

Guest Marney

This thread has got me thinking GTA IV was a few years ahead of its time, there still isn't anything that comes close to how brilliant it is. B)

GTA IV was made without many boundries, that's why it had loads of technical problems when they first released it because they had all this head-room but they didn't know how much RAGE the PS3 and 360 could handle at the time. The Rage engine is now still in it's infancy, and it has a lot of raw power which a PC can use but the consoles can't. But I'm sure they'll have loads of new optimized graphic tricks up their sleeves when the next GTA is released. Hopefully we'll be looking at something similar to these images on consoles too :D

Rockstar have been working to 'further enhance' their RAGE Engine so I think you could be right about that.

Guest Marney

Stop posting links to some dodgy, unreliable site.

That's an officially recognised R* fansite I'll have you know young chap. :angry:

Note: And an affiliate of iGTA.com, iRedDead.com and iGTA5.com -_-

Guest Marney

In other words, you should get banned twice as hard.

You know, I used to like you........

I've been playing the game in first person recently, for some reason. I decided to try it out and realized how much i was missing. When you run around in third person, you kind of concentrate on the characters and peds. But in first person, there seems like there is so much to see!

ice2011_7_14_10_21_26.jpg

ice2011_7_14_10_22_46.jpg

ice2011_7_14_10_23_53.jpg

^ lol headlessness

I also took some nice photo-shots of the city as i walked around in first person.

ice2011_7_15_10_38_14.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_40_36.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_41_55.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_43_15.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_43_59.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_44_45.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_46_3.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_46_21.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_46_51.jpg

ice2011_7_15_10_48_48.jpg

i randomly took a sharper pic of that Salem map on the main iGTA5 website.

SalemMapGTAIV.jpg

If my 360 could survive a N.O.O.S.E. Tank rampage with twenty-car explosive pileups, I'm sure consoles can handle GTA IV graphics with quality lighting. No reason why GTA V couldn't look like this.

I'm still amazed how a simple change in lighting made these graphics jump ten levels in quality.

I'm still amazed how a simple change in lighting made these graphics jump ten levels in quality.

I think their default weather system and lighting gave the models a soft blur and that blew out any texture details. The ENB graphic settings increase the contrast and expose the textures in a good way.