DuPz0r

GTA Picture Thread

A PS4 would handle this mod no problem. The current gen consoles have such low ram and graphics cards it would be very limited. Anyway I'm sure R* have made note of these mods and have squeezed as much out of the RAGE engine as possible for this generation. The lighting certainly looks better in the V trailers.

A PS4 would handle this mod no problem. The current gen consoles have such low ram and graphics cards it wohld be very limited. Anyway I'm sure R* haveade not of these mods and have squeezed as much out of the RAGE engine as possible. The lighting certainly looks better in the V trailers.

Not necessarily. These are all from console games. PSX Scene figured out how to import the modifications to console around March/April this year.

games aren't about graphics

No, but high-quality graphics do wonders for immersion.

You obviously haven't played Minecraft or any popular game outside of consoles, graphics are just for show. There's plenty games out there that triumph games with superb graphics.

GTA is a compelling narrative that satires American culture and deals with the criminal underworld in major American cities.

Minecraft is about taking the wool from square sheep and using it to build houses.

Which one would benefit most from quality graphics?

GTA is a compelling narrative that satires American culture and deals with the criminal underworld in major American cities.

Minecraft is about taking the wool from square sheep and using it to build houses.

Which one would benefit most from quality graphics?

You realise that Playstation 2 era GTA games had sub par graphics for their release frames and yet they did just fine. Also thats also not even anything to do with minecraft.

For instance, Counter Strike Source is still on the most top played games on Steam to date and yet the game released almost a decade ago next fall. Counter Strike GO was released last year and completely failed even though it was the same just updated. The graphics don't mean shit for games they're just there to look appealing. Anybody who say's main argument has anything to do with graphics just proves that they have no argument at all. Did you not see the arguments select groups had when GTA IV came out and people wished that Rockstar hadn't spent all that time on a Graphics engine and put all that time into extras for SP.

I never stated that graphics are a game's main attraction. I merely said that they aid in immersion. Regardless, this isn't the place to discuss this. Post some GTA pics and we'll continue this in a Private Message or sum'ing.

I never stated that graphics are a game's main attraction. I merely said that they aid in immersion. Regardless, this isn't the place to discuss this. Post some GTA pics and we'll continue this in a Private Message or sum'ing.

I never said you did, I just said that people who say graphics are important. I was pointing out that games like CSS and Minecraft that have very low graphics do extremely well to hold onto people and keep them in the game, and that I'd gladly take core gameplay over graphics.

EDIT: I'll post a couple with the mods I have later tonight.

graphics don't mean shit to me, but in this day and age, you have to have something at least presentable for a console blockbuster... plenty of indie games don't have the graphics but they have the gameplay... sadly there are those that care too much about graphics still... i personally haven't had an issue with any games graphics, except for RAGE, which looked beautiful at times but the constant texture loading really took me out of the experience...

the un-modded GTAIV still looks gorgeous to me, the world is so vibrant, but it's also a part of that drab color era where most games sacrificed color for presentation and stability.. thankfully no one really does that anymore and games are more vibrant then ever...

• Like 2

Well that's the first of enb I've seen in consoles. I never said it wasn't possible though, just limited. R* have made 'V look very nice for current gen, and im not doubtful it will play very nice too.

On the subject of graphics while we're here, I'd like to add one thing. As much graphics help present a game, it is only presentation. The core of the game is what makes a game what it is, and that's simply 'fun'. Look back at the classics; chess, backgammon etc. Those vintage games have almost no presentation but are still fun.

• Like 3

I started replaying the PC version tonight, figured I'd post, I should have more to follow.

VmUmyvv.jpg

I'm working on updating most of my mods. Will answer any questions about what mods I'm using.

EDIT: After updating some of my mods, not as many as I expected I figured I'd take screenshots as I played.

1L7VH6M.jpg

YsZxbU0.jpg

• Like 5

Double Post, been playing IV more lately and have took some shots when I got bored and did a few landscape shots. I've thought about releasing some in a pack, but haven't decided yet. All images are taken at 1920x1080 at max settings.

IY9FAMd.jpg

ZEq2Uqg.jpg

• Like 3

i am playing fallout new vegas because i beat IV and the episodes a couple months ago... i played through all the missions for all three characters as best as i could to lining up the story timelines for each character... that gave me the GTAV vibe :D...

• Like 2