After playing it myself, all I have to say is shit. The driving is shit ( not like you didn't know that already ), the graphics are meh for a next-gen console, and the hacking is forced down your throat. If you do a mission without hacking it just feels easy. Gonna edit when I play more.

I picked up the game today, and my first impressions are basically the same as Dup's. The cars handle very poorly (I liken them to driving 'Saint's row' cars in a Need For Speed open world game), and this is made worse by the dumbass A.I traffic. I must say, though, that the 2 motorbikes I've ridden are much easier to control, and they will be my mode of transport for the foreseeable future.

I like that you can listen to music outside of a vehicle, but sadly, the music sucks monkey dick.

Graphics wise, only the lighting effects in wet weather stand out for me. Considering I have the PS4 version I was expecting much more. Black Flag looked better.

I haven't experienced much of the story and combat, but hopefully they are redeeming features

Anyways, here are some pics I took with the PS4

post-42-0-19006800-1401278811_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-64577000-1401278885_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-96209700-1401278976_thumb.jpg

Exciting, no?

• Like 1

*Note to all.

Don't jump on hype-wagon if it's a new IP.

The Last of Us is an exception, that actually went beyond all expectations. So all disappointed PS4 owners, get TLoU once that's released, if you haven't already played it.

Wow the driving is absolute shit.

This is seriously a let down..... Nothing about this game feels innovative or fun... even the hacking is boring and repetitive. I might be taking this back in tomorrow and try to get some money back for it.

Wow the driving is absolute shit.

This is seriously a let down..... Nothing about this game feels innovative or fun... even the hacking is boring and repetitive. I might be taking this back in tomorrow and try to get some money back for it.

It is a let down... I bought it on ps3 not knowing that decryption mode and free roam were cut out. The graphics are shit, and the car handling is worst than GTA 3. Luckily I got it for $38 after i sold in some really old games. Imma try to sell this game for $40-50 dollars on facebook. Fuck you Ubisoft.

I knew this game was going to be wank. I know these things.

edit:

holy fuck, this topic started almost 2 years ago, I feel sorry for you Handsome :(.

• Like 1

Trying to get into this game but struggling. Driving we all know is appalling, general controls (running etc) awkward, aiming the gun is awkward, missions tedious, mission 'aims' unclear (e.g. in one side mission I was supposed to knock over a target in a car park - no marker to show where he is).

So far I've resisted the temptation to throw the controller across the room!

With practically every game I've ever played, I've always managed to pick up the controller and manage to soon get the hang of what exactly I'm supposed to do and how to do it. Struggling badly with this one though...

mission 'aims' unclear (e.g. in one side mission I was supposed to knock over a target in a car park - no marker to show where he is).

Did you try hacking cameras or using your phone's profiler app to scan people and find him, or did you just run around and hope a marker popped up?

mission 'aims' unclear (e.g. in one side mission I was supposed to knock over a target in a car park - no marker to show where he is).

Did you try hacking cameras or using your phone's profiler app to scan people and find him, or did you just run around and hope a marker popped up?

Yep - no luck. Just ended up quitting it in the end.

Hopefully, the game is just bad enough where it's not too long where I can get it cheap for a singleplayer playthrough and return.

Maybe they can patch the driving...

Also, let me quote this random review I read on the internet.

"I kind of want to say that this is, once again, the Curse of Ubisoft in action. The flawed Far Cry 2 led to the exquisite Far Cry 3; the proof-of-concept Rocksmith led to the full-fledgedRocksmith 2014; the disappointing Assassin’s Creed led to the phenomenal Assassin’s Creed 2."

• Like 1

Thanks to the share button on my PS4, I picked up this gem...

:no:

Like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense, you realize you're dead and the game doesn't exist.

Magically, 60 something dollars show up in your wallet.

yea, i don't wanna say i told ya so because i think it was in a status update and not in this thread, but the few videos i watched a few months back convinced me this game wouldn't live up to the hype... and so far, you guys and the internet are backing up that notion...

still a rental tho, i'll at least check it out... i'm sure there's a couple of cool things to fuck around with...

While the game was overhyped to all hell, and has quite a few problems (some of which will probably be patched), overall, I don't think it's a bad game, and I'm enjoying it more than the last 2 Saint's Rows and Sleeping Dogs. I'd put it on par with Just Cause 2 in open-world game rankings.

I might as well add some more things I've noticed. Most of the online content is good. 1 v 1 hacking is enjoyable in a 'Hide and Seek simulator 2014' kind of way. It's pretty nerve-wracking trying to hide as the search area around you gets smaller and smaller.

Online racing is kind of fun. Most of the races have multiple routes you can take (something I wish GTAV would implement), especially the bike races. The downside, of course, is the handling, although I assume I have it more downpat than others, judging by the amount of people who keep missing turns by about 100 metres. Having nitro brings back memories of GTA:SA, too.

The dash view while driving is pretty neat, although it's useless until they add the ability to turn your head inside the car, as you can only see what is in front of you, severely hampering your efforts to not be a shopping trolley.

Chicago itself is pretty detailed, but only in some areas. If I had the ability to add constant wet weather to the game, I would

post-42-0-66634300-1401378989_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-02391700-1401379030_thumb.jpg

Yeah for the most part im enjoying it. Tho I've mostly just been messin around takin ppls money. The big problem is ppl compare this to gta. Which has spoiled us. Did 4 story missions and so far its good enough to keep goin. We'll see what I think in a few days. I wouldn't bother with it if I didnt have the next gen system. Its not the same game. Did that with mercenaries 2 when I had a ps2. Bought it for xbox when I got it and it was a totally different game.

So you think a 1 year development & production of Watch Dogs 2 will make it a better game?

Well, it's worked for... hm, let's see... the entire Assassin's Creed franchise. Couldn't hurt.

On an unrelated note, this is very clearly set in the same universe as Assassin's Creed. Who wants to wager a guess on when we'll see an outright crossover?

Got the game yesterday. Did some of the main missions and many side missions. It's a really enjoyable game imo. But driving is way too easy. I don't think it's like the driving of GTA 4 in any way. It doesn't feel like driving a boat-with-wheels, so it's better than that but still pretty unrealistic. Felt more like the crappy driving of Sleeping Dogs if you ask me.

And why can't we shoot while driving? The car chases become too much time consuming early in game.

Other than that, the hacking mechanics are really impressive and stealth works great! :) Not sure why people are complaining about the graphics. I really liked them and the game looks beautiful and alive! I don't care much about the graphics, it's the gameplay that matters the most to me.

Btw, running the game on medium settings and enjoying it a lot!!