Sign in to follow this  
Mercy

Tomb Raider

That looked like my type of game! It's good to see the survival elements in there (even though every game is doing it at the moment), But the dynamic in-game action to present, so they mean business! Let's see if they can do as good a job as Naughty Dog!

It feels a little more survival horror than about puzzles, which ordinarily I would complain about but its bringing new life to it.

Nice to see how it started for Lara.

1) I played Underworld for Jolie's ass -_-

2) Did Naughty Dog make this? :huh:

3) U3 + Resident Evil = This :)

4) Game looks weak <_<

5) I want a sandwich... :mellow:

tomb raider dev team, hired animals dev for red dead.

(..) What specific elements have you been working on for this game?Daniel: We have a great team at Crystal Dynamics. All of them are talented people that earned their tracks. We have animators in our team who worked on Assassin’s Creed to make sure the climbing and scaling would look superb. We nicked someone from Rockstar who used to work specifically on the wild animals in Red Dead Redemption. Everywhere where we figured we needed extra talent, we hired the best people. (..) Daniel Bison, game director for Tomb Raider in an interview with Jan Meijroos for IGN Benelux (translated by me)

• Like 1

I treated myself to TR on PC recently and I was presently surprised by this game. First of all, the game looks beautiful on ultra settings, that's one of the reason I got it fo PC. And the fact I managed to find it for half the price of console versions, makes it a steal.

That aside, the game comes down to the survival and exploration. Although it's a Tomb Raider at the core, the reboot is absolutely relevant. The action and exploration elements make this title on par with it's closest rival imo, that being the Uncharted series. It's still too early for me to tell how the long the game is and how much replayability it has. But I can say the first playthrough is totally worth while!

The game is a reboot, so knowlegde of previous TR games isn't required. So for those that like the look of it but never played the previous games because they never liked them, then now's the chance to try it Square Enix's way...

• Like 1

I recommend it too. There is classic Indiana bOnEs elements to the game, but there's also new elements, like the movie The Descent. I've clocked a good few hours on this game already, and i keep expecting a premature ending, but it keeps on going. I like that feeling.

^ The game looks awesome on PC. I only played it on my lowly PS3. :(

I finished the story yesterday. The ending definitely left me wanting more from this series as soon as possible. Hopefully some quality single player DLC is released at some point.

• Like 1

"Tomb Raider Anniversary" was the remake of the original i-e Tomb Raider 1. They should really make a great anniversary-like game for Tomb Raider 2 as well like "TR2 Anniversary" or something. Although graphics are very poor in 2, I still play it and have finished it like 6 times. I love it. Many other Tomb Raider fans also have the idea that such game should be created. The gameplay and excitement in TR2 is simply great, there would be nothing more greater than the whole shit in fully detailed HD environment with Anniversary or Underworld like graphics. Same idea goes for TR3, but TR2 would be more cool!