Sign in to follow this  
Nicko9000

Take-Two 'implies GTA 5 on track for release by April 2013'

Guest Marney-1

Either way he is correct. If T2 is expecting that much revenue before March 2013, what other T2 game would make them expect that much money?

He asked that question as well. Stop avoiding it.

Agent?

Guys guys....GTA V's release date is....... December 20th 2016 ZOMG!!! ....ITS A TUESDAY! cuz 2016(year)-20(day)=1996(year)+12(month)=2008 ZOMG! 2008 was wen GTA IV came out?! so now i take 2008 and 2016 and i get 8 left which i will divid by 8 and ill get 1.... omg theres only been 1 trailer!!! ...this is a serect code there doing!!!! :bullshit:

Guest Marney-1

Guys guys....GTA V's release date is....... December 20th 2016 ZOMG!!! ....ITS A TUESDAY! cuz 2016(year)-20(day)=1996(year)+12(month)=2008 ZOMG! 2008 was wen GTA IV came out?! so now i take 2008 and 2016 and i get 8 left which i will divid by 8 and ill get 1.... omg theres only been 1 trailer!!! ...this is a serect code there doing!!!! :bullshit:

Nothing against you personally because we've all done it but comments like that are getting really old now.

• Like 1

Nothing against you personally because we've all done it but comments like that are getting really old now.

i just had to do it, never done one before, i got nothing better to do this time of the day

You're a funny guy City of Dis, my initial prediction (within the week of the trailer) of March 2013 was an educated guess and you're not fooling me with your pretend knowledge of how Take-Two Interactive stocks/shares etc work because it's obvious you're full of dog shit. Have you ever looked into T2's statements properly? No? Thought not, as if you had you wouldn't be making shit up about investors filing lawsuits if they 'lied' to investors.

You'll find this [or something very similar] at the end of every Take-Two Interactive news release:

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at http://www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and speak only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Now wind your fucking neck in and listen to the people who know how things go down around here. You ostrich-like cunt.

lol you've got to be kidding me. It is bonafide illegal for a company to tell its shareholders that they expect to make $700 million when they really don't. That is fucking fraud.

If they were mistaken, that's different, and that's exactly what your press release is referring to. Sony expected profits in its game division in 2011, but experienced losses because of the unforeseen PSN hack.

In fact, it just happened in the case of Facebook.

Facebook Inc and lead underwriter Morgan Stanley were sued by shareholders who claimed they hid the social networking company's weakened growth forecasts ahead of its $16 billion initial public offering.

[...]

The lawsuit claimed that the defendants, including Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, Goldman Sachs Group Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co, concealed "a severe and pronounced reduction" in revenue growth forecasts resulting from greater use of Facebook's app or website through mobile devices.

It also accused Facebook of telling its bank underwriters to "materially lower" their forecasts for the company. The lawsuit said the underwriters disclosed the lowered forecasts to "preferred" investors only, instead of all investors.

http://www.reuters.c...E84M0RK20120523

You cannot lie about revenue to your shareholders.

Dumbass.

I think you're taking this way off-topic. Expecting to make a profit is not the same as guaranteeing to make a profit. But anyway, you think investors will be suing T2 if GTA V doesn't come out by March 2013 then?

If it comes to light that 2K never intended to make that much money, then yes, the shareholders will sue. This barely ever happens because corporations aren't that stupid; it's not entirely unheard of, as the case of Facebook going public less than a couple of weeks ago.

There really isn't any title or combination of titles that can make $700 million. That's over 13 million copies sold. Agent can't do that; it's a new IP, and it's an exclusive (no PS3 game has sold even half the amount 2K is claiming it will make). In fact, historically, the only titles that have been consistently able to sell that much are GTA and Call of Duty (being multiplatform also helps).

If GTA V gets delayed internally, that's another thing. But if it's leaked that GTA V was never expected to be ready by March 2013, then that is grounds for the shareholders to sue (assuming they don't make $700 million from some other source, which, you have to admit at this point, can't happen without GTA V). That would be fraud (as I've tried to explain to you for the umpteenth time) because it's shallowly bolstering your own stock; you aren't allowed to create bubbles, for obvious reasons.

So I go back to my original point. Either you think 2K is lying, which is really fucking illegal, or 2K expects GTA V to come out before the end of the fiscal year.

Guest Marney-1

@City of Dis You're clearly confused, I haven't mentioned 2K.

What I'm doing is investing maybe $500, when GTA 5 comes out, I'll sell. I'm sure I'll make profit, even if the stock goes up only 2 or 3 dollars.

Should buy shares in apple. They're predicted to be the first trillion dollar company, or something like that.

Right so I can buy like 3 shares for over $1000? Thanks but no thanks.

If your going to invest in ttwo, don't wait till summer...

I bought it when it was at 14.20 and it's around 11.00 now, so I down like 700 dollars on it. There's more to ttwo than gta.

I agree with the analyst's analysis. Unless there is some other new IP then there is no way that ttwo can forecast an extra 300million in revenue, after accounting for max payne (200milliom) and its existing portfolio of games..

Also, the guidance that ttwo provides shareholders is subject too a whole lot of different factors that are listed clearly in there 10k. (titles being delayed for example)' so no, they won't get sued unless a majority of the stockholders feel they were misled or that the board is incompetent.

Theory: March 2013, Rockstar release the final trailer and the release date for the game. Stocks jump as Take Two predicted.

It isn't as cut and dry as the game will release then.

Although I don't understand why it is illegal to predict something very realistic and then the IPO falls on its ass through no fault of the companies and shareholders can sue. It can happen.

Also, the guidance that ttwo provides shareholders is subject too a whole lot of different factors that are listed clearly in there 10k. (titles being delayed for example)' so no, they won't get sued unless a majority of the stockholders feel they were misled or that the board is incompetent.

True. I'm saying that Take-Two (fuck whatever abbreviation I falsely used) expects it come out by March 2013. It could be delayed. Take-Two is notorious for allowing that to happen to so many of its games.

Something I thought of while typing up a new FAQ:

In the OP's article Pachter says GTA V is needed to boost Take-Two's revenue on Rockstar's expected end. All he mentions is Max Payne 3 and other current releases. Vice City's 10 year anniversary is this year so that will definitely bring in some money. On top of that the PlayStation 3 versions of III and VC have yet to be confirmed after the ESRB rated them months ago. I think those will be released later this year and net plenty of money too.

Question is will these bring in as much as Take-Two/Pachter are estimating ($650,000,000)? Which is twice as much as Max Payne 3 estimates ($300,000,000).

Edited by TreeFitty
derp

Guest Marney-1

Something I thought of while typing up a new FAQ:

In the OP's article Pachter says GTA V is needed to boost Take-Two's revenue on Rockstar's expected end. All he mentions is Max Payne 3 and other current releases. Vice City's 10 year anniversary is this year so that will definitely bring in some money. On top of that the PlayStation 3 versions of III and VC have yet to be confirmed after the ESRB rated them months ago. I think those will be released later this year and net plenty of money too.

Question is will these bring in as much as Take-Two/Pachter are estimating ($650,000)? Which is twice as much as Max Payne 3 estimates ($300,000).

I forgot about those ESRB ratings, you could be onto something there. Max Payne 3 has sold over 3 million, are you sure those $ figures are correct?

Guest Marney-1

My bad. Somehow left out 3 zeroes. Glad I'm not an accountant. :P

TreeFitty: "How many people in the burning building ma'am?"

Little Old Lady: "200!!!"

TreeFitty: "20? We won't need all these fire trucks then."

Sign in to follow this