Sign in to follow this  
Nicko9000

Take-Two 'implies GTA 5 on track for release by April 2013'

http://www.computera...-by-april-2013/

"

That's according to Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz and Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter. The former said in a research note this morning:

screenshot_259608_thumb_wide300.jpg

"Full year FY13 guidance for net revenues of $1.75B-$1.85B and fully diluted EPS of $2.00-$2.25 were also essentially in line with our expectations. Most importantly, the EPS range was relatively unchanged from guidance for EPS "in excess of $2.00 per diluted share" which management first provided on its Q3:F12 call."

Tl:dr, basically based on the expected revenue for T2 next year, some analysts are saying V is likely to be released early 2013. Thoughts?

Did anyone else laugh at his avatar after reading the Topic Title?

hahaha

The thread title is rivaling the sun's headlines tbh.

But yeah, nothing about T2 implying and its mainly just analyst bullshit. No real evidence really, anybody could speculate it would release in 2013.

But yeah, nothing about T2 implying and its mainly just analyst bullshit. No real evidence really, anybody could speculate it would release in 2013.

No, the evidence here is overwhelming. Analysts don't pull stuff out of their ass. There is no way Take-Two could see it's shares jump $2.00 without GTA V.

So yes, Take-Two did very much imply that GTA V is coming out before March 2013.

Guest Marney-1

No, the evidence here is overwhelming. Analysts don't pull stuff out of their ass. There is no way Take-Two could see it's shares jump $2.00 without GTA V.

So yes, Take-Two did very much imply that GTA V is coming out before March 2013.

Maybe I missed the bit where they implied it was coming before March 2013. Could you listen to the whole conference call then tell me at which point I should listen to it again. Thank you.

Q4 2012 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Earnings Conference Call

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:30 p.m. ET Webcast Presentation

Click here for webcast

Maybe I missed the bit where they implied it was coming before March 2013. Could you listen to the whole conference call then tell me at which point I should listen to it again. Thank you.

Click here for webcast

Why is logic so difficult for you?

There is not a single thing Take-Two could do to get that much revenue barring the release of GTA V.

So either Take-Two is lying, which is fraud, or GTA V is coming out before March 2013. Pick one.

Guest Marney-1

Click here for webcast

There is not a single thing Take-Two could do to get that much revenue barring the release of GTA V.

So either Take-Two is lying, which is fraud, or GTA V is coming out before March 2013. Pick one.

I don't want to pick one. I want to know which part you think they're implying 'before March 2013'. Please explain for the audience.

post-10-0-78119200-1338186198.png

Listened to it and found which part we need to listen to yet?

Edited by Marney-1

Click here for webcast

I don't want to pick one. I want to know which part you think they're implying 'before March 2013'. Please explain for the audience.

Take-Two laid out their expected earnings for the fiscal year. This is everything between now and March 2013. That is the definition of a fiscal year.

In these earnings is a whopping $700 million, the source of this revenue undisclosed, something that only big ass games like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto can ever hope to achieve. It can't be from multiple unannounced games either (Take-Two revealed the expected earnings for their big games, like Bioshock) because they would just cannibalize each other.

So either Take-Two has an unannounced big title or combination of titles capable of earning them at least $700 million between now and March 2013 (and if you can think of one, then maybe you can enlighten us), they expect Grand Theft Auto V to release between now and March 2013, or they're lying. If the latter turns out to be true, then the shareholders will sue them to high heaven.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Read what is being said before you offhandedly dismiss anything that isn't an official corporate announcement. You come off as awfully flippant and ignorant.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Click here for webcast

Take-Two laid out their expected earnings for the fiscal year. This is everything between now and March 2013. That is the definition of a fiscal year.

In these earnings is a whopping $700 million, the source of this revenue undisclosed, something that only big ass games like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto can ever hope to achieve. It can't be from multiple unannounced games either (Take-Two revealed the expected earnings for their big games, like Bioshock) because they would just cannibalize each other.

So either Take-Two has an unannounced big title or combination of titles capable of earning them at least $700 million between now and March 2013 (and if you can think of one, then maybe you can enlighten us), they expect Grand Theft Auto V to release between now and March 2013, or they're lying. If the latter turns out to be true, then the shareholders will sue them to high heaven.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Read what is being said before you offhandedly dismiss anything that isn't an official corporate announcement. You come off as awfully flippant and ignorant.

So if March 2013 comes and GTA V hasn't been released it means they lied and the shareholders will sue?

Also, I'm sorry if I come off as 'awfully flippant and ignorant' it's just that I don't understand anything when it comes to Rockstar Games or Take-Two Interactive. I feel blessed that you're a member here. Maybe I should ask my mate from the internet, he works for Take-Two.

Also, I made the prediction of March 2013 before any analysts did. Does that make me a reliable source?

Click here for webcast

So if March 2013 comes and GTA V hasn't been released it means they lied and the shareholders will sue?

Also, I'm sorry if I come off as 'awfully flippant and ignorant' it's just that I don't understand anything when it comes to Rockstar Games or Take-Two Interactive. I feel blessed that you're a member here. Maybe I should ask my mate from the internet, he works for Take-Two.

Also, I made the prediction of March 2013 before any analysts did. Does that make me a reliable source?

Well, if March 2013 comes around and they haven't made the money they claimed they will and they don't have a good excuse as to why they didn't, then yes, the shareholders will sue. Corporations legally cannot lie about future profits. That is fraud.

And if you came up with the March 2013 date without the slightest bit of evidence for it, then it would be baseless. But there is much evidence that GTA V will be released before the end of this fiscal year. It would be virtually impossible for Take-Two to make that amount of money without it. Considering they refuse to divulge exactly where this $700 million will come from... well, you do the math.

Understand at least a minimum before commenting.

That's a bit later than I was expecting, well over a year after the trailer was first released, 17 months? Anyway, that's only 2 months after the recently delayed Bioshock which might not be a smart move. But I don't know anything about that type of stuff. I'll be busy with AC3 in late 2012 anyway.

Bioshock Infinite has been delayed to February 2013 and 2K games wouldn't release two popular games within a couple of each other so my guess is that Grand Theft Auto V will be released late 2012(October or November) or Summer 2013 (June or July), which I highly doubt would be the case.

Bioshock Infinite has been delayed to February 2013 and 2K games wouldn't release two popular games within a couple of each other so my guess is that Grand Theft Auto V will be released late 2012(October or November) or Summer 2013 (June or July), which I highly doubt would be the case.

I'm investing in T2 this summer

Not a good idea. Gaming industry is hanging by a thread at the moment. Sony took a loss for along time on PS3 sales, they can't do that again. Another Red ring epidemic would be catastrophic too.

• Like 1

What I'm doing is investing maybe $500, when GTA 5 comes out, I'll sell. I'm sure I'll make profit, even if the stock goes up only 2 or 3 dollars.

Guest Marney-1

You're a funny guy City of Dis, my initial prediction (within the week of the trailer) of March 2013 was an educated guess and you're not fooling me with your pretend knowledge of how Take-Two Interactive stocks/shares etc work because it's obvious you're full of dog shit. Have you ever looked into T2's statements properly? No? Thought not, as if you had you wouldn't be making shit up about investors filing lawsuits if they 'lied' to investors.

You'll find this [or something very similar] at the end of every Take-Two Interactive news release:

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at http://www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and speak only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Now wind your fucking neck in and listen to the people who know how things go down around here. You ostrich-like cunt.

• Like 1

What I'm doing is investing maybe $500, when GTA 5 comes out, I'll sell. I'm sure I'll make profit, even if the stock goes up only 2 or 3 dollars.

Should buy shares in apple. They're predicted to be the first trillion dollar company, or something like that.

You're a funny guy City of Dis, my initial prediction (within the week of the trailer) of March 2013 was an educated guess and you're not fooling me with your pretend knowledge of how Take-Two Interactive stocks/shares etc work because it's obvious you're full of dog shit. Have you ever looked into T2's statements properly? No? Thought not, as if you had you wouldn't be making shit up about investors filing lawsuits if they 'lied' to investors.

You'll find this [or something very similar] at the end of every Take-Two Interactive news release:

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at http://www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and speak only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Now wind your fucking neck in and listen to the people who know how things go down around here. You ostrich-like cunt.

lol you've got to be kidding me. It is bonafide illegal for a company to tell its shareholders that they expect to make $700 million when they really don't. That is fucking fraud.

If they were mistaken, that's different, and that's exactly what your press release is referring to. Sony expected profits in its game division in 2011, but experienced losses because of the unforeseen PSN hack.

In fact, it just happened in the case of Facebook.

Facebook Inc and lead underwriter Morgan Stanley were sued by shareholders who claimed they hid the social networking company's weakened growth forecasts ahead of its $16 billion initial public offering.

[...]

The lawsuit claimed that the defendants, including Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, Goldman Sachs Group Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co, concealed "a severe and pronounced reduction" in revenue growth forecasts resulting from greater use of Facebook's app or website through mobile devices.

It also accused Facebook of telling its bank underwriters to "materially lower" their forecasts for the company. The lawsuit said the underwriters disclosed the lowered forecasts to "preferred" investors only, instead of all investors.

http://www.reuters.c...E84M0RK20120523

You cannot lie about revenue to your shareholders.

Dumbass.

Guest Marney-1

lol you've got to be kidding me. It is bonafide illegal for a company to tell its shareholders that they expect to make $700 million when they really don't. That is fucking fraud.

If they were mistaken, that's different, and that's exactly what your press release is referring to. Sony expected profits in its game division in 2011, but experienced losses because of the unforeseen PSN hack.

In fact, it just happened in the case of Facebook.

Facebook Inc and lead underwriter Morgan Stanley were sued by shareholders who claimed they hid the social networking company's weakened growth forecasts ahead of its $16 billion initial public offering.

[...]

The lawsuit claimed that the defendants, including Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, Goldman Sachs Group Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co, concealed "a severe and pronounced reduction" in revenue growth forecasts resulting from greater use of Facebook's app or website through mobile devices.

It also accused Facebook of telling its bank underwriters to "materially lower" their forecasts for the company. The lawsuit said the underwriters disclosed the lowered forecasts to "preferred" investors only, instead of all investors.

http://www.reuters.c...E84M0RK20120523

You cannot lie about revenue to your shareholders.

Dumbass.

I think you're taking this way off-topic. Expecting to make a profit is not the same as guaranteeing to make a profit. But anyway, you think investors will be suing T2 if GTA V doesn't come out by March 2013 then?

Either way he is correct. If T2 is expecting that much revenue before March 2013, what other T2 game would make them expect that much money?

He asked that question as well. Stop avoiding it.

Sign in to follow this