Luckily GTA is freeroam, so it would be very unlikely they release "ultra new exclusive map packs for only $10!". Those types of DLC are complete shit in my opinion, for any game. Didn't bother with them in MP3, won't for GTA. That's just me though, some people may enjoy them.

What I'm hoping for is DLCs like TBOGT and TLAD. They were successful and extremely well made, especially for DLC. If Rockstar learnt from it, they'll probably go down that route again. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is Microsoft paying for 30 day exclusive, or more...

I loved Undead Nightmare for RDR because it played on that cheesy early 20th century horror type atmosphere. Guess it would be fun in GTA, but then it would just be like every other zombie game in the world - One guy in an abandoned city full of zombies trying to survive. But I'm confident Rockstar could change it up if they decided zombies was the way to go.

Yea i agree with you on how map packs are utter shite, But Rockstar could do what they did with Midnight Club LA, Add to the map. And i am not a big fan of zombie games but it would be amazing in the GTA world. Just imagine helping some redneck in the contryside fight off hordes of zombies to protect his little shack, or driving around the city seeing little groups camped into a convienent store (24/7) fighting off hordes of zombies and you can help them of just go on your way. They could really do something special with GTA zombies...

I'm almost certain the MC:LA was the only game I can think of (on consoles) where DLC extended the map without going through some kind of portal or door, a la Skyrim.

Given that, if we don't see SF or LV in the launch title I wouldn't be surprised if R* added them to the game through two expansion packs.

I don't want any DLC's with a new character and storyline to be honest. I think maybe extra missions with the original character and just generally updating the game is a good approach, just like SR3. Obviously nothing wild like SR3...maybe, new activities, vehicles, missions (with original protagonist), weapons, etc

Right now I am hoping Rockstar is concentrateing on making a great game. Without planning DLC's ahead of time just to boost profits and strip features that were originally going to be put in the main game ( ie The Ballad Of Gay Tony ).

id love to see this idea but not exactlyhow you put it, any ways i would love to see 3 DLCs!!! i honestly (unlike others) dont really care about the country, reason being is that in GTA SA it pissed me off enough when ur in los santos and u gotta take a long ass trip across the country to the next mission in san feirro/las ventras, and since this map is ganna be bigger it will suck even more!! (I KNOW THERE MAY NOT BE SANFEIRRO/LAS VENTRAS) so the 1st DLC is a country one.

2nd is SAN FEIRRO!!

3rd is LAS VENTRAS!!!!!!

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Right now I am hoping Rockstar is concentrateing on making a great game. Without planning DLC's ahead of time just to boost profits and strip features that were originally going to be put in the main game ( ie The Ballad Of Gay Tony ).

TBoGT was always planned as a DLC.

DLC? I'd rather have all the content DLC and otherwise be in the game... actually. They could release it as DLC but i'd rather it be free.

make the dlc into the game, 2 seperate episodes but then taken out of the game and added later, getting more out of original game. and the dlc should be free

id love to see this idea but not exactlyhow you put it, any ways i would love to see 3 DLCs!!! i honestly (unlike others) dont really care about the country, reason being is that in GTA SA it pissed me off enough when ur in los santos and u gotta take a long ass trip across the country to the next mission in san feirro/las ventras, and since this map is ganna be bigger it will suck even more!! (I KNOW THERE MAY NOT BE SANFEIRRO/LAS VENTRAS) so the 1st DLC is a country one.

2nd is SAN FEIRRO!!

3rd is LAS VENTRAS!!!!!!

the possibilities of that would probably be very low. extra map as dlc? although rockstar might consider it.

I can't think of any good names for DLCs, but I would prefer there just to be one GTA V. I honestly think Episodes From Liberty City was a desperation encounter that only just paid off as GTA IV (The original one) just wasn't good.

my friend told me that he saw a DLC in a gamer mag and he said it was called "GTA crack old" :bullshit: now i have no freaking clue what that is but i think he was high when he told me :fap:

Maybe a DLC were you can be CJ, because it's in San Andreas..but just a thought.

Been over this a gazillion times, CJ would be in his 40's. If you wanna run around as the original CJ it would just feel wrong, like it's a mod or something.

i havent played san andreas for a long time so i aent my dad out to gamestop to get a ps2 and the game and he didnt buy it :o but the reason y i say this, is cuz my dad told me the gamestop dude said that "all ps2 games will be on DL for ps3 soon, just wait" (thats y my dad didnt buy it) i think this guy is full of :bullshit: but i really hope this is true, sorry of this turns out being wrong, i just hope ppl will think its me makeing this up, cuz then ill be on the shit list :no: .

TBoGT was always planned as a DLC.

I think that's what he means.

if they make the map size big enough to begin with, there should be no need for expansions.

weapon and vechile dlc wouldnt really work in my opinion

i reckon dlc should be like tbogt and tlad

The DLC has already been confirmed, there will be three separate episodes: one that takes you back to Los Santos in 1947, where you play as a detective called "Cool Felps" and have to solve various crimes around the city. One will be set in 1911 and will involve horses in some way, it will be wild west themed and you will play as "Jim Marsden". The last will be set in Brazil and will be entirely in slow motion and the protag is called "Mack Spane".

I hope won't be like that the one sounds like la noire so no and just want a dlc with

More advanced/modern weapons and cars not one set in the 20s that would be dumb .

The DLC has already been confirmed, there will be three separate episodes: one that takes you back to Los Santos in 1947, where you play as a detective called "Cool Felps" and have to solve various crimes around the city. One will be set in 1911 and will involve horses in some way, it will be wild west themed and you will play as "Jim Marsden". The last will be set in Brazil and will be entirely in slow motion and the protag is called "Mack Spane".

I hope won't be like that the one sounds like la noire so no and just want a dlc with

More advanced/modern weapons and cars not one set in the 20s that would be dumb .

d00d naw it wil b totes ridic not teh same as la noir cuz the protag is cool felps not cole phelps so is dif but ya the 20s is sooo dumb im glad r* is only dooing 1911 n 1947

Guest Marney-1

Hey dickheads, do you see the word 'Asylum' at the top of this thread? NO!

Now carry on.

I think R* has done a pretty damn good job during previous exploits of GTA4 DLC...even going so far as to change the TV and radio programing for each installment.

That being said and I know it's just wishful thinking, but I think a post apocolyptic Los Santos DLC would be awesome...but thats just my .02C! :)

I think R* has done a pretty damn good job during previous exploits of GTA4 DLC...even going so far as to change the TV and radio programing for each installment.

That being said and I know it's just wishful thinking, but I think a post apocolyptic Los Santos DLC would be awesome...but thats just my .02C! :)

that would be cool. like a nuke hits just outside of the city and there like raiders and survivors every where. there are mutant animals and close the the city the trees burnt down. if they can pull off old west zombie dlc then i think this would be a success.

:rofl:

actually, I don't wanna see any DLC. It's DLC overkill imho and - sadly - all too often low quality bullshit not even worth the $2 it costs, or even worse, they release halfassed unfinished games for a full price and then start to "patch" it to the intended content with costly DLC. no thanks.

I bet my white skinny ass, if internets weren't that strong and additional content was distributed physically like the addons in the 90s, things would be different and publishers weren't on a DLC parade.

ok enough ranting.

anyways, since nowadays the question about DLC isn't "if" but "what", I hope R* sticks to the quality they presented us in GTA4 (luckily there's ppl like R* that take full advantage of the DLC idea, at least it's worth the bucks here).

I wish they would do the same they did in MCLA, expanding the map with the DLC, but I think other parts of San Andreas - if any - are reserved for future GTA titles, so I guess something along the lines of the EFLC is more likely.

that would be cool. like a nuke hits just outside of the city and there like raiders and survivors every where. there are mutant animals and close the the city the trees burnt down. if they can pull off old west zombie dlc then i think this would be a success.

I don't think that would be such a great idea, it's only been repeated hundreds of times, forming the generic staple of a zombie apocalypse game/movie.

If there are clothes, weapons or car DLC's, I will be tempted to slit my wrists. TBoGT and TLAD type DLC's are the only ones that are worth buying. The rest should already be included in the game why pay extra for stuff rockstar were too lazy to put in?

Guest Marney-1

like a nuke hits just outside of the city and there like raiders and survivors every where. there are mutant animals and close the the city the trees burnt down. if they can pull off old west zombie dlc then i think this would be a success.

If Rockstar add nukes and shit to GTA I'll definitely be finding myself a new hobby.

If there are clothes, weapons or car DLC's, I will be tempted to slit my wrists. TBoGT and TLAD type DLC's are the only ones that are worth buying. The rest should already be included in the game why pay extra for stuff rockstar were too lazy to put in?

Smart* not lazy. Like map packs, purely there to generate extra money when they could have easily been included in the base game.

GTA IV was released in 2008

TLAD, TBoGT, and China Town Wars were all released in 2009.

In my opinion this time around they should release one each year.

So GTA V in 2013, DLC 1 in 2014 and then DLC 2 in 2015 with maybe a third release in 2016. Then if there is going to be another GTA it'll be released in 2017. Or two in 2014 and one in 2015.

I don't think that would be such a great idea, it's only been repeated hundreds of times, forming the generic staple of a zombie apocalypse game/movie.

not zombie. kinda more like a fallout thing.