jdog2115

What system(s) will you be buying GTA V on?

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would go with PS3, but I don't really use mine anymore, and all my friends are on xbox

oh well

360, for the online. Right now i have gta IV for ps3 and 360 tho.

I own a ps3 and not a 360, of course if I was a dumb fanboy I would tell you to fuck off for no reason....

but I am not a fanboy.

in my experience gtaiv online (for ps3) blew fucking monkey balls, it was decent enough to get connected with a bunch of people but we had common problems, such as having too many friends wouldnt allow you to invite some of your friends onto the game (they would appear either online, or as if they were not playing gta) and successive disconnections from not having the proper NAT. or the common lag when either too much shit was happening or someone joined the match.

luckily this will be improved in v.

I am pretty sure the xbox version didn't run into these problems...

I am pretty sure (someone that owns a 360 confirm) the 360 version didn't run into most of these problems, but there was the occasional hackers.

both consoles have both pros and cons.

Yeah im in the same boat, most of my friends have a 360. And yeah their was the occasional hacker on IV on the 360 that got really annoying, but lets be honest, IV multiplayer was nothing special in the first place. It could have been awesome, just need some more tender loving care.

Im going to use xbox 360 which means i will probably need to chance cds :wall: Unless i dont install it on my xbox. :clap:

Smart, if you don't buy the game you will not have to install the game! Genius!

I'll be gettin it for ps3. fuck changin disc's, can't be bothered with that shiiit.

But for all we know it could be comin out on the next consoles. doubt it though.

• Like 1

for all we know it couldn't possibly be comin out on the next consoles unless it releases in late 2013/early 2014+

No one's certain though, hasn't been confirmed which consoles it'll be out on, but sure it'll be ps3 n xbox 360

Did they annouce the consoles for IV right when it was announced?

the ps3 just came out before IV was released... so was kinda obvious

Well it's also kinda obvious that GTA V will release on the current generation of consoles, so stop talking shit that will obviously not happen.

I prefer 360 over PS3 although I own both. I own GTA IV for both and I like 360 better due to it's online was better. I mostly play private free modes anyway so I never had problems with modders very often. Although it pisses me off when they are invincible, use speed, etc. Both consoles are amazing though. I just hate the fact I'd have to switch discs (if that is even real).

for all we know it couldn't possibly be comin out on the next consoles unless it releases in late 2013/early 2014+

You should really not say things that hasn't been proven to be true. I believe GTAV will be coming to PS3 and XBOX360 as well but anything is possible, besides, if GTAV releases on the Wii U (don't start that argument again) before late 2013 you'd be wrong. So chill out. Mmmmkay?

You should really not say things that hasn't been proven to be true. I believe GTAV will be coming to PS3 and XBOX360 as well but anything is possible, besides, if GTAV releases on the Wii U (don't start that argument again) before late 2013 you'd be wrong. So chill out. Mmmmkay?

Going by recent development kit releases and then consumer releases he's right about that schedule, Kits for the Wii U went out a while back, The next xbox's kits haven't been sent out yet (I think), and I haven't heard anything of a PS4.

Me buying it depends on 3 things

A. Is it a shit port

B. How similar is it to GTA IV

and If its a combination of A+B then factor C comes into play.

C. Is it cheap in steam sales

Okay smartass, by "next consoles" I meant the next Xbox and PS, you know it. You know, the ones that haven't had any details released about them, whatsoever?. Stop trying to start shit.

Yes, I'm trying to start another argument because I'm the one shooting out insults and trashing all of beatnicpie's post. :ike:

Don't be so fragile Mmmmkay? Cyantist all ready responded in a respectful way that I could understand. You trying to start an argument is not necessary.

:french:

• Like 1

Going by recent development kit releases and then consumer releases he's right about that schedule, Kits for the Wii U went out a while back, The next xbox's kits haven't been sent out yet (I think), and I haven't heard anything of a PS4.

A. Is it a shit port

Both development kits have already been sent out earlier this year. I think the PS4 (Orbis) ones hit earlier, like around January while the Xbox (Durango) ones were around March after Microsoft showcased the hardware in London.

A. Is it a shit port

Both development kits have already been sent out earlier this year. I think the PS4 (Orbis) ones hit earlier, like around January while the Xbox (Durango) ones were around March after Microsoft showcased the hardware in London.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure neither of those dev kits have been released yet

A. Is it a shit port

I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure neither of those dev kits have been released yet

Both have.

Studios are already reporting that it is costing twice as much to develop for the Durango than for the 360 (under the condition of anonymity of course).

A guy working for Crytek absentmindedly revealed that a summit for the Durango was taking place in London.

Kotaku revealed the Orbis, and along with it revealed that development kits had been sent out earlier that year (which was why developers at GDC were already talking about the system). In January Naughty Dog asked for someone capable of making character models with one million polygons, something that far exceeds the power of either the PS3 or 360.

It will take at the very least two years to develop a game for the new consoles, and at some point target PC hardware isn't going to cut it. There are dozens of studios hiring for the development of next gen console games. In interviews, developers no longer dance around the question of next gen consoles from Sony or Microsoft. Analysts are unanimous in their prediction that the consoles will likely arrive late next year or late 2014 at the very latest.

You don't wait that long to send out development kits. Neither Sony or Microsoft (especially Sony) can afford to make any mistakes. Quality games must be ready at launch. Getting development kits out there as early as possible is imperative for this.

Yes, I'm trying to start another argument because I'm the one shooting out insults and trashing all of beatnicpie's post. :ike:

Don't be so fragile Mmmmkay? Cyantist all ready responded in a respectful way that I could understand. You trying to start an argument is not necessary.

:french:

Shooting out insults? I never knew "for all we know it couldn't possibly be comin out on the next consoles unless it releases in late 2013/early 2014+" would be so offensive that it would be classified as an insult. I'll try to refrain from using such harsh and provocative language in the future.

@Marcus----I'm pretty sure he was talking about this...

Well it's also kinda obvious that GTA V will release on the current generation of consoles, so stop talking shit that will obviously not happen.

• Like 1

@Marcus----I'm pretty sure he was talking about this...

Okay you're probably right. But if that was the case, it would've been more appropriate to use the related quote, rather than another one.

A. Is it a shit port

Both have.

Studios are already reporting that it is costing twice as much to develop for the Durango than for the 360 (under the condition of anonymity of course).

A guy working for Crytek absentmindedly revealed that a summit for the Durango was taking place in London.

Kotaku revealed the Orbis, and along with it revealed that development kits had been sent out earlier that year (which was why developers at GDC were already talking about the system). In January Naughty Dog asked for someone capable of making character models with one million polygons, something that far exceeds the power of either the PS3 or 360.

It will take at the very least two years to develop a game for the new consoles, and at some point target PC hardware isn't going to cut it. There are dozens of studios hiring for the development of next gen console games. In interviews, developers no longer dance around the question of next gen consoles from Sony or Microsoft. Analysts are unanimous in their prediction that the consoles will likely arrive late next year or late 2014 at the very latest.

You don't wait that long to send out development kits. Neither Sony or Microsoft (especially Sony) can afford to make any mistakes. Quality games must be ready at launch. Getting development kits out there as early as possible is imperative for this.

Thanks for the links! Little hesitant about some of the sources (Kotaku and the like suck dick) but informative overall. Any idea if any of the kits have made it into "grey" hands yet?