General stealth discussion - Massacre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In San Andreas you was able to hide in a dark spot in a mission.

What do you think about that?

Do you want to be able to hide in a dark spots when you are wanted or just chased in GTA 5?

I think it would be cool :whistle:

Edited by Massacre
Changed stupid title

From what I recall it was only used in the Madd Dogg mansion mission, and no where else. If they actually were to implement it this time around it would have to be alot easier to engage, and to know when you are "invisible". Maybe when you go prone in a dim-dark area an indicator pops up telling you you're out of sight? Or maybe even go as far as having AI sight detection like in Hitman.

what I noticed in iv was that while hiding; meaning behind an object that completely covers your body and head, police would not notice you, now if you came in the radius of detection which is circular and not at a fixed angle, you would be detected. So while you where behind cover, and logically there was literally no way for police to see you, they wouldn't but if one bit of your body came in contact with their 360 radius of sight, then you would be chased after, this can be most observed by looking at the stars on top.

hopefully these mechanics will improve in v, to a more realistic scenario where there is a fixed angle on the head of the AI, which will include direction of head. then it wouldn't be as fucked up as getting a wanted star for aiming your gun at a policeman who isn't even facing the gun.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, CJ was black so you get him in any shadow and he's hiding. It would be nice to be able to partially hide in a wanted circle and over time if it was a good enough spot it would diminish. But If they do have K9's then I think hiding period is rather fucked.

• Like 2

im convinced this should be the new direction of the wanted system for gta v and future gta titles.

Edited by TreeFitty
You don't need to spam a link to another forum in each fucking topic. Stop it.

I'm not sure if Rockstar would go with it again....after all there were several features that were in SA that were removed in IV. In SA they really did seem to have a 'everything, including the kitchen sink' mentality when it came to including features.

Well, if they were to re-include this one that'll be fine...but if they didn't I wouldn't be heartbroken or anything either.

It was included in Manhunt 2( maybe first one, I'm not sure) and San Andreas. It might have been removed from GTA IV because it wasn't a good idea, or simply because of technical difficulties, like why there was no silenced weapons in IV.

I wouldn't say it was removed exactly, It was just tweaked a bit. There was hiding in GTAIV, but I guess everyone was to busy running away with A Lambo to figure that out.

I wouldn't say it was removed exactly, It was just tweaked a bit. There was hiding in GTAIV, but I guess everyone was to busy running away with A Lambo to figure that out.

Like what? There were no shadows, and you could never sneak up behind enemies.

No, but you could hide. Taking cover behind the dumpster in an alley as the cops drive by is still hiding. You could also drive like a ped while the cops are searching for you to make it much harder for them to notice you.

No, but you could hide. Taking cover behind the dumpster in an alley as the cops drive by is still hiding. You could also drive like a ped while the cops are searching for you to make it much harder for them to notice you.

that is true, and you could also switch cars and remain hidden, unless directly noticed by a cop, but this was somewhat not working very well on multiplayer.

It was included in Manhunt 2( maybe first one, I'm not sure)

Yeah the shadows were the focal point of the games stealth, if you were seen you could run round a cover and into a shadow and you'd become invisible practically you could also bang on the walls to lure them in yet be invisible too (unless they were right infront of you in which case they would detcted it) practically identical to Manhunt 2 however Manhunt 2 built upon it by having to steady your breathing.

Do you want to be able to hide in a dark spots when you are wanted or just chased in GTA 5?

It's called STEALTH, MOTHERFUCKER. And yes.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, CJ was black so you get him in any shadow and he's hiding. It would be nice to be able to partially hide in a wanted circle and over time if it was a good enough spot it would diminish. But If they do have K9's then I think hiding period is rather fucked.

^^^^^ Ignorance at its finest.

It would be great to be able to have stealth in the game, perform stealth kills. To be chased by the police and lose 'em around a corner, then hide in the bush leaving them confused about which direction you ran. It would also be nice to let them search for you in the area they last saw you, for 20 seconds or so, as the 'Wanted' level ticks down within that time. And if they find you, you're busted. It'll also be nice to have the Red Dead Redemption style of 'Wanted' system, that if you kill someone where there's no witnesses or managed to stop the witness from snitching, you wouldn't have to worry about being 'Wanted.'

• Like 1

I think that's a good idea cos it would make missions more realistic. I don't know if anybody's ever played Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, but that's a feature on that game and it works really well so yeah I think that would be a good aspect of the game.

• Like 1

From what I recall it was only used in the Madd Dogg mansion mission, and no where else. If they actually were to implement it this time around it would have to be alot easier to engage, and to know when you are "invisible". Maybe when you go prone in a dim-dark area an indicator pops up telling you you're out of sight? Or maybe even go as far as having AI sight detection like in Hitman.

In san andreas the indicator on the map turned blue instead of white and that is a good way to find out if you are out of sight (invisible) :thumbup:

It's called STEALTH, MOTHERFUCKER. And yes.

Sorry, but im no englishman or american. i think you understand anyway. :)

what does not being an englishman or american have to do with knowing what stealth is? After all, i'm not mexican but i still know what a burritto is.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, but that's a feature on that game and it works really well

The game is a stealth game so I figure it would work well :P

Being able to hide period

Hope there will be more realistic AI, i hate when im playing GTA IV and you're in an alleway for ex and they automaticly know where you are.