jobo

American Football

Oh well, even if the Panthers did have a good WR, Cam Newton sucks so bad, he couldn't even deliver the ball to him.

this is the first post i see upon entering this thread... this argument is now invalid...

@NPC

Cam Newton sucks? Yet he is the first QB in history to throw 50 TD's and run for 25 TD's in their first 3 years... oh and by the way, I was in Charlotte last Sunday watching my (wait for it).... 5-3 Panthers kick your (here it comes).... 2-6 Falcons ass 34-10. Matt Ryan threw 3 picks, one ending the game as a contest via pick-six. Who's the bad QB again?

Edited by Godfather
  • Like 1

@NPC

Cam Newton sucks? Yet he is the first QB in history to throw 50 TD's and run for 25 TD's in their first 3 years... oh and by the way, I was in Charlotte last Sunday watching my (wait for it).... 5-3 Panthers kick your (here it comes).... 2-6 Falcons ass 34-10. Matt Ryan threw 3 picks, one ending the game as a contest via pick-six. Who's the bad QB again?

Yes, Cam sucks. The first 2 years he ran a lot so he was hard to defend, now he starts to run less, because hits cause injuries. I mean look at RG3, he already had a bunch of injuries. The Panthers now have a solid defense and that's why they win games, not because of Cam.

Also I've seen the game as I watch all Falcons games (gamepass is free in the Netherlands!) and Matt Ryan is a great QB, the O-line sucks badly. That's the reason for the interceptions, I mean look at Matt's sacks and hurries.

I know the Falcons lost a lot this year, but I could go and post Carolina's results from last 3 years...

@NPC

Yes, Cam sucks. The first 2 years he ran a lot so he was hard to defend, now he starts to run less, because hits cause injuries. I mean look at RG3, he already had a bunch of injuries. The Panthers now have a solid defense and that's why they win games, not because of Cam.

Also I've seen the game as I watch all Falcons games (gamepass is free in the Netherlands!) and Matt Ryan is a great QB, the O-line sucks badly. That's the reason for the interceptions, I mean look at Matt's sacks and hurries.

I know the Falcons lost a lot this year, but I could go and post Carolina's results from last 3 years...

yawn... and you could also post the fact that each year the Panthers' record has gotten better... 2010 w/out Cam (2-14), 2011 Cam's 1st year (6-10), 2012 (7-9) and now 2013 (8-3) say what you want but Cam is the one that has marched the Panthers 80+ yards in two straight games to score the game winning TD. But having a Panthers' defense that only allows 13.3 points per game does help, I will give you that.

cam is the reason why the panthers are relevant again... you have to have good defenses in this league if you want to be successful, but you also need to have a leader at the QB position... cam leads by example every week on the field... he's a star, he's leading them to victories... there's probably 25 teams in the league that would love to have him right now...

Hmm.

Not a fan on the seahawks at all, but the Sherman shit talk has got to stop...

It's a game of emotion. He made the play that sent the seahawks to the superbowl. He spoke from the heart. I mean, it wasn't exactly classy, but calling it an embarrassment to the nfl is ridiculous.

For all the complaints about how the nfl is making it impossible for defenses to cover offenses, this is a guy who gets the job done. He is an example, not an embarrassment. He is one of the few who runs his mouth, AND backs it up...

Meh.

Amen to that. What did they think was going to happen? Clearly there had been some jawing back and forth between Sherman and Crabtree leading up to the play in question, and Sherman was still buzzing from it when he gave the interview. It was certainly far more entertaining than the usual "they're a great team, one play at a time" clichéd bollocks though. And it's not as if he swore.

I just wish FOX, CBS et al would stop being so bloodthirsty for an instant soundbite from a player the second the game is completed. Just go to a commercial or something, and let everyone collect their thoughts before the questioning starts.

So who does everyone want their team to draft? I'm hoping the Vikings get a shot at Khalil Mack or Anthony Barr. Instantly, we'd have one of the best front sevens in the the league, and the secondary is already significantly improved from 2013 by adding Munnerlyn and upgrading the defensive line. It's up to Coach Zimmer and Spielman to figure out what the weakest link on the team is, but LB has to be one of the positions that they're looking at.

I want Anthony Barr on the Vikings something awful. I can't imagine how awesome our front seven would be with him coming off the edge from the second level in a Von Miller type of role with our upgraded defensive line. He's pretty raw, and Mack is the more complete product right now, but when I see Mack I see a guy who has fulfilled his potential already. His frame is already filled out, while Barr looks like he could put on another 15-20 lbs of muscle, and still has plenty to learn. For a guy who just switched to defense for the first time 2 years ago, and has had over 20 sacks since, I think he's being seriously overlooked as a top prospect. 6'5, 255 lb OLBs with 4.5 speed that have shown as much production as Barr has don't come around too often, and it isn't often that they're talked about as only the 2nd best player at their position. I think he'll almost certainly be available at #8, but I wonder if we could coax a trade with Buffalo if a prospect they were interested in fell to #8, and get to double-digit draft picks. Maybe their #9, plus their 4th and 5th rounders for the #8 so they can nab a TE like Ebron to go with Johnson and Williams.

Lineman camp started for football, coach is thinking about moving me to guard but I kind of want to stay on tackle. Anyone here have experience playing guard? .