jobo

American Football

Debatable. Depends on if the o line and secondary can be adequate. I don't believe that more than 2 games separates them in any scenario. I do believe that the Lions are a more talented team when healthy, though.

Also depends on whether that quarterback of yours has a 2011 or 2012 season

Very common misconception when people say that the 2012 season was Stafford's fault. Megatron got tackled at the 1 yard line 5 times, Pettigrew dropped at least 3-4 TD passes, and I believe 20 times a Lions player was tackled inside the 5 on a pass from Stafford. Honestly, bad luck and his recievers were the reason that Stafford didn't have another 5000 yards, 40 TD year. Not to mention the fact that he was basically throwing to Kris Durham, Brian Robiskie and Mike Thomas for the last 5 games.

man, you're quick to defend your team but quick to point out how everyone else is wrong about their teams... calvin had a monster year in yards, but those TD's were way off the mark, and there's only one guy throwing the ball to him... even with 5 more TD's he was still 6 under his number the previous year...

he's still the best in the game though, but the TD's last year were not there... and that really is because of stafford... he threw half as many last year as he did in his 5,000 yard year prior... stafford was off last year, plain and simple... you can blame the receivers but at the end of the day, he's the one throwing the ball so it's always on him to get others involved... and with 20 TD's vs. 41, it's easy to see why the lions didn't taste much success last year...

7-9 or 8-8. Flacco will be okay and the run game should fair well, but that defense outside Suggs, Webb, and Ngata is bad. In other words, not good enough to contend, not bad enough for a top 5 pick.

I think they will either be really good or really bad this year. Im not seeing a middle ground..

Task 6

Create a topic in the asylum entitled "football" and imbed a picture of a football. First person get 15 points

Debatable. Depends on if the o line and secondary can be adequate. I don't believe that more than 2 games separates them in any scenario. I do believe that the Lions are a more talented team when healthy, though.

Also depends on whether that quarterback of yours has a 2011 or 2012 season

Idk, i always thought flacco was a pretty good qb, its all about the supporting cast... Tom brady wouldnt have has many wins if he was on the dolphins, though... Payton manning might....

man, you're quick to defend your team but quick to point out how everyone else is wrong about their teams... calvin had a monster year in yards, but those TD's were way off the mark, and there's only one guy throwing the ball to him... even with 5 more TD's he was still 6 under his number the previous year...

he's still the best in the game though, but the TD's last year were not there... and that really is because of stafford... he threw half as many last year as he did in his 5,000 yard year prior... stafford was off last year, plain and simple... you can blame the receivers but at the end of the day, he's the one throwing the ball so it's always on him to get others involved... and with 20 TD's vs. 41, it's easy to see why the lions didn't taste much success last year...

Some blame can be put on the QB, but there is nothing a QB can do about having the league lead in drops at 45, not to mention a ton of fumbles. If you give Stafford a formidable run game, descent O-Line and receivers that do not lead the league in drops, (see 2011, minus the run game) he will throw for 5000 yards and 45 TD's consistently. If his supporting cast would have been as good in 2012 as in 2011, his stats would have slightly regressed, but not significantly. I only defend my team when I truly think I should, and considering that my team finished 4-12 last year when we should have went 8-8 at least and have the talent of a 10-6 team, it is quite often.

Some blame can be put on the QB, but there is nothing a QB can do about having the league lead in drops at 45, not to mention a ton of fumbles. If you give Stafford a formidable run game, descent O-Line and receivers that do not lead the league in drops, (see 2011, minus the run game) he will throw for 5000 yards and 45 TD's consistently. If his supporting cast would have been as good in 2012 as in 2011, his stats would have slightly regressed, but not significantly. I only defend my team when I truly think I should, and considering that my team finished 4-12 last year when we should have went 8-8 at least and have the talent of a 10-6 team, it is quite often.

Guess what, give just about any quarterback a beast o-line, perfect wide receivers and a solid rushing attack and they'll be successful. Look at Phillip Rivers--he was a great quarterback in a great system, and then BAM! Take away his great o-line, replace Ladanian Tomlison and Darren Sproles with Glass-Bones Mathews, while altogether neglecting to replace Vincent Jackson, and you get a team that's gone from a playoff contender to a team struggling just to win games because the quarterback with arguably the most accurate deep ball in the league can't do squat due to being sacked 1000000000 times because of his o-line. Even if the Chargers had a great line, it's worthless without at least one threatening receiver, which the Chargers lack. Even if Rivers had 4 Megatrons around him, it wouldn't matter because Ryan Mathews can't take 2 hits without breaking every bone in his body, so opposing defenses expect a pass every play.

You're making a moot point

Guess what, give just about any quarterback a beast o-line, perfect wide receivers and a solid rushing attack and they'll be successful. Look at Phillip Rivers--he was a great quarterback in a great system, and then BAM! Take away his great o-line, replace Ladanian Tomlison and Darren Sproles with Glass-Bones Mathews, while altogether neglecting to replace Vincent Jackson, and you get a team that's gone from a playoff contender to a team struggling just to win games because the quarterback with arguably the most accurate deep ball in the league can't do squat due to being sacked 1000000000 times because of his o-line. Even if the Chargers had a great line, it's worthless without at least one threatening receiver, which the Chargers lack. Even if Rivers had 4 Megatrons around him, it wouldn't matter because Ryan Mathews can't take 2 hits without breaking every bone in his body, so opposing defenses expect a pass every play.

You're making a moot point

I didn't say a beast O-Line, a great running game, nor a superb receiving core. All I am saying is that a QB can't succeed and can't be blamed for a bottom 5 O-Line, a number two receiver for the last 7-8 games that wouldn't have a roster spot on half the teams in the NFL, a TE that drops half his passes and fumbles away the rest, and a non existent running game. If Stafford has a running game that ranks 15th, an O-Line that is just OK, maybe 1 or 2 average NFL receivers with Megatron and a somewhat reliable TE, he would be a top 5 QB, putting up 5200 yards and 40 TDs on a yearly basis. Stafford is not like Manning or Brady, he actually does need a descent team around him to be successful, much like Brees or Rodgers. Put either of those two on the Lions week 10 and on roster for a full season, and even with Megatron, they would not win 7 games.

we still need ONE MORE PERSON, we can't have an uneven amount of managers... who isn't in, or wants in??

How bout that Stronglike8ull. I know him and told him to join. IM him or some shit.

we can't draft until we get the 8th member... so, won't someone PLEASE sign up? otherwise, we'll have to cancel the league for the 2nd year in a row... and no, i am not creating a dummy team, because someone will get to play that team twice in a year...

we can't draft until we get the 8th member... so, won't someone PLEASE sign up? otherwise, we'll have to cancel the league for the 2nd year in a row... and no, i am not creating a dummy team, because someone will get to play that team twice in a year...

I got a friend who uses the same ip adress as me... Send him the link

[email protected]

1-0!

how come you ignore our pleas?? join the fantasy league, proud american...

also, QD, i don't believe you :P... i want people that hang out here anyways... otherwise, i'm sure i could find a couple of friends too... brian wanted in so i sent him an invite, but he hasn't joined yet... so we're still down a team...

Ok, I'm officially sold on Terrelle Pryor as the Raiders starting QB. Flynn is absolute trash, and Pryor looked like the next great dual threat QB yesterday. It was quite entertaining watching him make a joke of the Bears D, despite that terrible O-Line. Pryor has to be the only way the Raiders win even 1 game this year.

So yesterday I stood literally 5 yards away from matt hassleback, 10 yards away from luck got a high five from my inspiration pat macafee who has been making gains in the weigh room. :)

Also some big black guy's gave me a high five.

Pretty close to paul Kruger also.

Lol I was like right next to the browns players and was like the colts are going to get there ass kicked.