jobo

American Football

You're normally on the mark Gunny but I think you might be more Tebow than Brady on this one.

Yeah, sorry Gun, you and I are often on the same wavelength, but this is just supply and demand at work. And I demand exceptional performance from my football team.

Of course, my demands are rarely met, given my team of choice. But nevertheless, I will continue to buy jerseys, hats, coffee mugs, game tickets, the NFL Sunday Ticket, and stale boxes of cereal with a grown man's face on the front. Because it makes me happy.

In closing, I feel that all that money that buys these guys' massive homes, pools, funds their drug habits, and feeds their pet tigers could be much better spent.

*starts a task force*

Join The All-American Committee For Reduced Athlete Salaries And Sandwiches + Low-Cost Housing For The Homeless.

• Like 1

I just find it hard to believe that grown men are paid like kings to play a game when there are many other, more worthwhile expenditures of that money waiting elsewhere in the world.

what, like saving honkys and whales? Please.

i actually like pre-season... i like to see the guys that will probably have to step up at some point during the season handle the pressure... starters go thru the motions, the 2nd and 3rd stringers are full of good college players and bench warmers playing hard for a paycheck... it makes for an entertaining affair...

• Like 1

Speaking of entertainment, I'd like to suggest that the NFL place five landmines at random points throughout the field. Preferably near the end zones.

a bunch of teams are having their preseason games today... mine would be on that list... yea, the games don't matter, but i do want to see how the team will function under the new head coach... i wanna see the style and tempo of the new offense because the defense is gonna be the same swarming turnover machine we've seen for nearly a decade now...

Steelers fans are an interesting bunch. Very tenacious in their fanaticism.

2v3hi01.jpg

Every team has those select few fans that bleed their team's colors, but no fanbase is as entertaining as that of the Steelers.

• Like 2

Speaking of entertainment, I'd like to suggest that the NFL place five landmines at random points throughout the field. Preferably near the end zones.

Near the end zones? At least we know the Browns will be safe.

Steelers fans are an interesting bunch. Very tenacious in their fanaticism.

Every team has those select few fans that bleed their team's colors, but no fanbase is as entertaining as that of the Steelers.

Patriots fans may also rival Steeler fans. They seem to be at the center of most fanmade death threats.

• Like 1

does anyone else want to join the fantasy football league or what?? 5 teams doesn't make for an interesting league, i thought we'd have more participants than this...

How intensive is it? I could give it a go even though I know nothing about US football... Losing to me would prove to be the ultimate embarrassment

Baltimore Ravens....nuff said.

I doubt they even break .500. The defense is gonna be mediocre and Flacco is still barely a top half QB. Baltimore will be in a dogfight for third place with Cleveland.

does anyone else want to join the fantasy football league or what?? 5 teams doesn't make for an interesting league, i thought we'd have more participants than this...

I could get a friend or two to join. Don't know if 'outsiders' should be acceptable, but I believe it is better than a 5 team league.

I doubt they even break .500. The defense is gonna be mediocre and Flacco is still barely a top half QB. Baltimore will be in a dogfight for third place with Cleveland.

I could get a friend or two to join. Don't know if 'outsiders' should be acceptable, but I believe it is better than a 5 team league.

Yeah...I don't think so. Our defense was almost mediocre last season. Flacco will have the chance to prove how good of a QB he is this season. Our new hands players will help him out. You sound like another person who relies on Sports media. These are the same people that said the Ravens wouldn't make it to the SB, much less win it twice.

Am i signed up, i never got an email?

How intensive is it? I could give it a go even though I know nothing about US football... Losing to me would prove to be the ultimate embarrassment

Its not really that hard... Just pick players who you think are gonna have a big year, and adjust on a weekly basis based on bys and strength off opposing defense for each player..

Yeah...I don't think so. Our defense was almost mediocre last season. Flacco will have the chance to prove how good of a QB he is this season. Our new hands players will help him out. You sound like another person who relies on Sports media. These are the same people that said the Ravens wouldn't make it to the SB, much less win it twice.

If I relied on sports media, then I would call the Ravens a playoff team and Flacco an elite QB. I believe that they had a nice draft and offseason for the future, but the moves they made will not make a positive difference until a couple years from now. I see a defense currently that outside Webb, Suggs, and Ngata is inexperienced and is going to struggle even more than last year. I see an offense that has the best running back duo in the league, but a barely top half QB with only two legitimate targets, who are both above average, but not elite. Oh and as a side note, that 'mediocre defense' from last year carried the team in the playoffs.