jobo

American Football

As much as I hate Michigan and everything associated with it, I respect Denard. Hope he succeeds at the next level, whatever position he plays. I could see him being a returner, who occasionally is put in on offense at any skill position. If Denard has even descent hands and route running skills, he could definitely be an at least respectable receiver with his blazing speed. If not, he will make an ok 2nd or 3rd option as a running back. It will be interesting to see what the Jags to with him.

he's was drafted as a running back but yea, if he improves his catching ability he will be quite the weapon... he improved his route running during the senior bowl, and he showed great hands at his pro day... doing it on a consistent basic will be key, can't wait to hear camp stories form jacksonville soon :D...

i know the lions were really interested in him in the 5th round... you guys traded out of your pick when the jags selected him right in front of you... bummer man, it would of been cool to see him in the honolulu blue and silver...

I would of really liked to see him in a Lions uni. That would of solved our problem with finding a capable returner. But we got Corey Fuller and Theo Riddick later in the draft who are also good returners so the problem got solved anyway. Still disappointed that he didn't fall to us, his dynamic skill set would have fit perfectly in the offense at either receiver or running back.

denard can play QB in college, but he's nothing more than a gimmick at the position in the NFL... and even he knows that, he's not pushing to be a QB, he wants to do what the team wants him to do... he's always been a team player since day 1 in college...

the wildcat it dead... it doesn't work in the NFL anymore... the only guy i can think of that can still do OK at it is percy harvin... denard is going to have to develop as a position player, not as a gimmick...

^this. It maybe could be used once or twice per game, but it is just a trendy offense that isn't trendy anymore. He has to find a position. If he can catch and run routes then he will be a vertical receiver to stretch out the D, if he can learn to hold on the ball better he will be a running back, and if he can't do any of those very well he will be a legitimate return man.

I could see him taking a lot of screen passes, all over the field--whether it be lining up as a rb, wideout, or slot receiver, as well as using him as a ball carrier on slot/end around plays.

We'll see, he could end up on my fantasy roster if I can get him in a late round, just to keep him benched until I see how his talents will be utilized

Seems like a good thing to look forward to, the jerseys are pretty cool. And they have a few playmakers and a potential 2014 #1 pick to look forward to. Probably not though. They have to play the Cards, Raiders, and Titans twice just to name a few. They will at least win 2, and I don't see the Raiders even winning that many.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/16/victor-cruz-thinks-he-took-less-than-he-deserves/

This fuck is a little prima donna spoiled brat. Cruz makes more than 99.5% of the common public, and wants to bitch that he doesn't get more money? He is a worthless slot receiver that can be easily replaced. I mean, put him on any team as a #1 and his numbers drop off significantly. Cruz is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players in the NFL.

http://profootballta...an-he-deserves/

This fuck is a little prima donna spoiled brat. Cruz makes more than 99.5% of the common public, and wants to bitch that he doesn't get more money? He is a worthless slot receiver that can be easily replaced. I mean, put him on any team as a #1 and his numbers drop off significantly. Cruz is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players in the NFL.

I've never liked Cruz, he just seemed like a dickhead from the 1st time i saw him... Hicks is 1000 times better than him.

I completely agree. Cruz is just a system player that benefits from being a slot receiver. You can't pay a slot receiver big money just because of numbers. If that was the case, Welker would be right behind Megatron as the NFL's highest paid receiver.

• Like 1

Fuck it, I'm tired of waiting for football season. Here are my NFL season predictions:

AFC

East

1 Patriots 10-6 Brady with down season (by his standards) with no weapons. The D will be top 15, maybe top 10.

2 Dolphins 8-8 Ireland fails in desperate attempt to bring in big name talent. Tannehill will make serious progress and Lamar Miller will establish himself in the backfield.

3 Bills 8-8 On the upswing, Spiller, Manuel backfield is intriguing. Still too many holes everywhere to contend

4 Jets 5-11 QB is a mess, defense suffers again without Revis. No running game, etc. etc.

North

1 Bengals 11-5 Green is a star at WR. Overall young team w/ a bright future.

2 Steelers 9-7 Zone running scheme will benefit offense, D is still aging though.

3 Browns 8-8 A solid offseason to heavily improve them, but not sold on Weeden at QB.

4 Ravens 7-9 Flacco will collapse of pressure of contract, expectations. Run game will have to carry offense, defense is average. The great draft will need a couple years to make a serious effect.

South

1 Texans 12-4 Solid overall team, benefits from weak bottom half of division. Schaub still is a weakness at QB and the D looked shaky often last year against good teams.

2 Colts 10-6 Luck is the future of the NFL, some very good offseason moves to make this team at least look better on paper. The new OC from Stanford will help Luck.

3 Titans 6-10 Locker is not the answer at QB, overall team is just not good. CJ is washed up.

4 Jags 3-13 A few offensive playmakers does not make up for QB mess, bad D.

West

1 Broncos 14-2 Peyton will be Peyton, offense is among the best. Even without Miller for the first few games, the D is solid.

2 Chiefs 10-6 Reid will bring out the true talent that is evident all over the field.

3 Chargers 6-10 Turner and the front office fucked the team. Time for a full (successful) rebuild.

4 Raiders 0-16 or 1-15, depends on wk. 2 vs. Jags. The team is a mess, in the worst part of a serious rebuild mode.

NFC

East

1 Redskins 9-7 RG3's health will be the key, especially in running. I don't see Morris with another huge year.

2 Giants 7-9 This team is hard to figure out. All I know is, if they slip into a division title, watch out. The trick is getting there.

3 Cowboys 6-10 Jerry Jones teams always look better on paper than on the field. Here is the problem: They don't even look good on paper this year.

4 Eagles 6-10 Vick will not be the (good) answer at QB. And an offensive coach taking over a wrecked defense? I don't like the sound of that

North

1 Packers 11-5 The lack of offensive weapons helped by an actual running game. D still doesn't look great.

2 Lions 10-6 See the 2011 Lions when Best was healthy (5-0) with a descent secondary now, but a slightly worse o line.

3 Vikings 10-6 Love the young pieces brought in thru the draft, Ponder will progress, AP will be AP.

4 Bears 7-9 The o line won't keep Cutler healthy (again) and the defense won't be any better than solid.

South

1 Falcons 12-4 The offense will have great passing game, no running game. D is passable.

2 Bucs 9-7 Doug Martin has a bright future as a back, Freeman will continue to be inconsistent as fuck, secondary will be much improved.

3 Panthers 8-8 Short term moderate success with good talent, but the terrible contracts will catch up with them.

4 Saints 6-10 ''Defense wins championships'' Take a gander at what the Saints lack.

West

1 49ers 13-3 Where are the weaknesses? This team could be holding up The Lombardi in February

2 Seahawks 12-4 Very good team on paper, but god dammit I hope karma catches up with these fucks.

3 Rams 8-8 Won't benefit from a quarter of the schedule against the two teams listed above. Bradford will make strides with some playmakers and an OK o line finally.

4 Cardinals 5-11. Talent level says more, but tough div. Palmer will revive his career somewhat in Arian's system.

Season Awards:

MVP- Matt Ryan. Peyton Manning would be much too predictable.

Offensive POY- Matt Stafford. This is a statistical award, and Stafford will have huge numbers. And why be predictable?

Defensive POY- JJ Watt, cause Von Miller is suspended.

Comeback POY- Danny Amendola, Brady has no other ppl to throw to.

Rookie of the Year- Tavon Austin, He will have a huge year in many statistical categories

I would also like to take this time to announce that Matt Stafford will break the following records: Passing TDs, Passing Yards, Pass Attempts

And Megatron will break 2K yards and hit 20 TDs. Prepare for a Brady-Moss circa 2007 kinda year.

Why you ask, because I am a Lions fan.

By the way, the Super Bowl will be:

Denver 27

San Fransisco 21

Manning gets the MVP.

And my Lions lose in the divisional round to the Niners.

don't sleep on the bears, every time people do, they tear them apart... the o-line is 10x better than it was in the past few years, and the defense isn't going to miss much of a beat without brian... it's still the same D and scheme that played hard when brian was out with injuries...

6 & 10 is a little generous for my Chargers, lol. They still have no one for Rivers to throw to, and the defense probably isn't any better, and the continue to pay a running back with bones of glass

The Bears are a good team, but in the toughest division in the NFL, I think 7-9 sounds about right. The O Line is still pretty weak in a division filled with pass rushers, and the defense can be easily exposed if the opponent takes care of the ball well

As for the Chargers, their schedule is fucking pathetic. They play all the NFC East and AFC South teams. There has to be 4 wins in there, along with two Ws over the Raiders.