Sign in to follow this  
Qdeathstar

Psy, I need your help

I'm looking for away to automaically set a keywords text size based on searches for it. EG, 500 people search for the word "Cumslut" while 1200 search for "QD's Penis". I want it so that QD's Penis shows up bigger than "Cumslut".

thanks for the help! I've tried googling but i can't find anthing but i know i seen it on websites, unfortunately right now i can't think of them >.<

I want it so that QD's Penis shows up bigger.

Hmm, I'm not a doctor so I don't know what to reccommend really...

What language are we talking? PHP? How are you getting the number of searches? What's the query you're using and does it display the number of searches along with the text?

Well, the language doesn't matter. It can be java or php or html. It's like a recent searches thing, but set to display popular searches with the most popular searches having the biggest text. EG, you have a search bar on your site and the following occures:

Search Term - number of times searched

Cumslut - 10

QD's Penis - 25

Massacre's Muff - 21

Psy's left nut - 43

Pieface's Pie-whole - 1

The keywords would display like this (But in random order side by side; ect)

Cumslut

QD's Penis

Psy's left nut

Massacres Muff

And Pieface's Pie-whole wouldn't even show up since its a low quality search term.

Well the language is quite important, but one way to do it would be something like...

Get the highest number - e.g. 1000

Work out the percentage difference between each number and the highest

10 = 1%
341 = 34.1%

Highest number is font size 20

each font-size is whatever % of 20 relating to their number

10 = 0.2% = 0.04px
341 = 34.1% = 6.82px

Only thing is I don't know if setting the font size to be like 14.7px actually changes how it's displayed or not... But that's probably how I'd do it. There could be a better way but I dunno, not something I've looked into. That's probably not the best way to do it.

Yeah, but where I've seen it it ends up being displayed as an image and the words are jumped together like a cloud. The language doesn't matter, (to me). It's essentially a "top searches" chart presented graphically.

Actually, as i was looking this up i figured it out. Its a "Keyword cloud"

http://www.tocloud.com/

For my usage, i'm going to load the results i want displayed. And actually, that won't work since i need the actual code for it and not the end product.