cuda

Football (Soccer)

Funny you say that, Nani and Welbeck were probably the best two players on the pitch before the card!

Your opinion. ;)

Football tactics aren't about opinions, it either works or it doesn't. I don't see the speed requirements in Kagawa, for example, to justify a spot on this setup (firstly one needs to understand what team is being faced).

Manchester's setup was perfect. Real had no way to start attacks, they were left playing long balls which would simply not work against an English team (it's just not the way Spanish football works). Welbeck and Nani did what was needed of them - choking Madrid.

Game changed entirely with the red card, it changed 100%... that should indicate how important Nani's presence was.

Football tactics aren't about opinions, it either works or it doesn't. I don't see the speed requirements in Kagawa, for example, to justify a spot on this setup (firstly one needs to understand what team is being faced).

Manchester's setup was perfect. Real had no way to start attacks, they were left playing long balls which would simply not work against an English team (it's just not the way Spanish football works). Welbeck and Nani did what was needed of them - choking Madrid.

Game changed entirely with the red card, it changed 100%... that should indicate how important Nani's presence was.

Fair enough, makes sense, but it wouldn't of mattered who was sent off, whoever got sent off, It changes your tactics, formation etc. Playing Real with 11 players is hard enough, playing with 10 is mission impossible, especially with the form they're in right now. Your last point would only be true if Nani had been subbed and they ended up losing that way.

But i still can't see how Rooney couldn't do the roll Welbeck did in the game, he's as fast, a better passer, and can finish 10 times better.

Week of goals! Even Liverpool is scoring!

Anyone pumped for this next CL round in Spanish grounds? Think we will see some great football, seeing as Borussia got this far, would love to see them take the CL - great team, great supporters and:

ng13373762-44CA-445D-BB80-51CB1B449F65.jpg

Fucking benfica on the Europa League final, I sincerely hope Chelsea stomps them in full style.

Hey Cuda I was supporting Benfica, not because I think that they've a great team. But because if Fenerbahce went to the final, they'd basicly play at home since we got so many turkish immigrants and the final is played in Amsterdam. Now with the final being Benfica - Chelsea, both teams have the same challenge (and Chelsea will probably win).

Yeah, good luck clearing the stench off the streets, Benfica fans have a naturally bad smell and also reek of cheap wine, and if Benfica wins... good night sweet Amsterdam.

• Like 1

Dunno, don't think Mourinho would want to stick around ManU for too long, he likes different challenges. I think Mou would go to Chelsea sooner.

It's a big name to replace, probably irreplaceable. Good luck to whoever takes it, he's going to need it.

Moyes is a long term replacement, Fergie took three years at United before doing anything. Looks like the title is Man City's or Chelsea's for the next few years. I want Mourinho, but I can't see it, Fergie is still going to be in the background for seasons to come, and Mourinho doesn't like being told what to do, or who to sign, which is why I'm surprised at the rumours that he's Chelsea bound again, he hated having players in that squad that he never wanted but had to play anyway, Shevchenko to name the obvious.

The manager may be gone, but the foundations he has laid are still in place. David Moyes is an intelligent man who understands the game very well. I'm sure MUFC will be fine next season, and i'm quite excited for the new season. It won't just be the same old...

Mourinho to Chelsea might be a dream return at the beginning but people are forgetting why he left in the first place, it's because the owner Abromavich and Mourinho had a falling out or 'disagreement'

I'd rather he stay in Madrid, and win the CL with them.

Mourinho to Chelsea might be a dream return at the beginning but people are forgetting why he left in the first place, it's because the owner Abromavich and Mourinho had a falling out or 'disagreement'

I'd rather he stay in Madrid, and win the CL with them.

I don't think Real is going to win any CL soon.