cuda

Football (Soccer)

Incidentally, the amount of alcohol I have been consuming since the WC started is quite horrifying. In a way, I am happy it's over today.

Any excuse. I'm sure you could have drunk less if you wanted to :-p

Now watching an hour of build-up to the final, on both the UK's BBC and ITV. Looks as if the BBC presenting team are making an effort by dressing smartly. The ITV lot look like scruffy tourists.

And, by the way, I want the Argies to win. Obviously Germany will be the favourites, but Argentina can certainly rouse themselves for a one-off game.

I disagree. Both teams were going for it in the first half, and if one of the many chances created had gone in, nobody would be claiming that it was boring and/or uneventful.

Great finish to win it though. And given that they were the best team throughout the tournament, you have to say the Germans deserved it.

They could easily dominate World and European football the way Spain did for a few years.

• Like 1

I disagree. Both teams were going for it in the first half, and if one of the many chances created had gone in, nobody would be claiming that it was boring and/or uneventful.

Great finish to win it though. And given that they were the best team throughout the tournament, you have to say the Germans deserved it.

They could easily dominate World and European football the way Spain did for a few years.

It was offside, therefore nothing to cheer about. I found the missed chances made it uneventful.

That second half of extra time though, was like a brawl to the finish.

Good lord, there are a lot of attractive German women on the field. :fap:

So happy the Germans won. I'm a very happy camper at the moment.

Edit: Fuck off, Messi didn't deserve the Golden Ball. James was ripped off.

Bsc3xsLCMAAXJ9r.jpg

:drool::fap: :fap:

Good lord, there are a lot of attractive German women on the field. :fap:

So happy the Germans won. I'm a very happy camper at the moment.

Edit: Fuck off, Messi didn't deserve the Golden Ball. James was ripped off.

Bsc3xsLCMAAXJ9r.jpg

:drool::fap: :fap:

I'm loving the guy at the back.

Now the World Cup's over, the real football can begin....

Who's your team and how are they shaping up for the new season?

I am a Liverpool fan and I hope we can maintain or possibly improve on last season but it all boils down to what they do with Suarez's transfer fee... hopefully they learnt from Spurs wasting their Bale money on dross...

cuda, did you watch much Portuguese football last year? Liverpool's new signing Lazar Markovic played for Benfica... catch him in action? Hopefully Tiago Ilori's injury isn't too bad because defense was an area we struggled in last year...

Yes, I watched more Portuguese league than PL lol.

Markovic is a very good player, I think he will grow to be a scary forward in the center of the field, I prefer when he plays center, sort of player that is very creative and just chops down defenders.

Ilori is an extremely promising kid, smart player. really fast for his position (think he still holds our academy speed record - dethroning Ronaldo), he stepped up for us in Sporting, fans were disappointed to see him leave so early, that year we struggled really bad in the league but every time Ilori played (combined with Eric Dier), defense was solid.

Long suffering PNE fan - hopefully we can get automatic promotion this time and stay well away from the play-offs!

Also thoroughly enjoying the Donkey Botherers' current situation!

God, Krishna whoever. Don't let this end in a draw. I can't stand boredom. If it ends in a draw I'm going to rape the landlord, stab a kid and set the gaff on fire. Sort it out Forest,