cuda

Football (Soccer)

The papers are going to have a field day. Let the bloodbath commence.

Two errors, two conceded goals. Thank fuck they didn't go there as one of the favourites.

Oh well, I'm sure the bitter twisted Welsh that I live amongst will enjoy themselves tonight. As will their friends north of the border.

Congratulations to Uruguay.

Can't say I'm surprised. Cahill was absolutely incredible though, and Rooney actually made me think he was a good player. Baine was too slow and Gerrard lost the plot.

Must say Suarez worked really well and congrats to him and the team.

Really happy for Suarez - 2 fingers up to his english haters...

But gutted for the english players, in particular Gerrard and even Rooney (I'm a hater) because they doesn't deserve the abuse that the english "fans" will heap on them after this - Gerrard should have done what Scholes did and told England to fuck off years ago and concentrated on his club. I don't understand why any english footballer would want to play for their national team when all they get is shit from the press and their fans.

Anyway, what did you really expect with Hodgson in charge?

Mum/gf hide my belts and razors...I;m gonna kill myself.

We can still qualify...

Need a LOT of help though. A big win for Italy over Costa Rica today, and something similar over Uruguay on Tuesday. And of course England need to beat Costa Rica on the same day.

People will heap shit on the manager and players over the next few days, but I'm going to be fair. I have nothing against Suarez, and I'm glad he made the most of his two chances. But England should have done better. Four goals conceded, and all from errors. And falling behind in both games certainly didn't help matters. But, like Firm said, not completely out of it yet. Just try and salvage something, and hope for the best.

Well that, as they say, is that.

Costa Rica's deserved victory over a complacent Italy confirms England's exit from the World Cup. Obviously the players have proven to not be good enough, but it's still disappointing to see them go out so early.

I'm pleased for Costa Rica though, especially after all of the disrespect they had to contend with prior to the tournament. Whipping boys? Not at all. England will be underdogs on Tuesday.

Firm, please don't go anywhere near those blades. Hate to think what you're feeling right now.

And now for an edit on teams still in the tournament. Half time, and France are basically bossing Switzerland around as if they were playing a game of FIFA. How they didn't score from the follow-up from the penalty miss I'll never know...

I guess they're not missing Ribéry then.

Well...Welly well well. I'm throwing my(substantial) weight behind Costa Rica. That's where my bets will be going.

Superb game - could have gone either way, could've been far more goals but in the end a fair result.

Next its Nigeria Vs Bosnia & Hercegovina. If Bosnia & Herce play like they did against Argentina, then they should win this one quite comfortably.

Well Bosnia were definitely disappointing, but Dzeko's "goal" that was wrongly disallowed was definitely a turning point. The linesman who raised his flag should definitely be sent home.

Looking forward to Belgium-Russia today.

EDIT: Well, the Belgians left it late, but they got their win. Russia have it all to do now, they'll have their hands full with Algeria, who are just KILLING Korea right now. If only they'd played like this against Belgium a few days ago...