cuda

Football (Soccer)

So the play-offs start for us (PNE) on Saturday. With our record of 8 play-offs and 8 losses, I'm expecting much the same! Absolutely bricking it though as I badly want us to end our curse and get promoted out of this shitty division!

If Spain win it, it would be a massive feat, I just don't think they will for some reason, Iniesta and Xavi are in their 30s and unless people Mata and Koke start they won't have a youthfulness about them.

European teams tend not to do well in South America so I would put my money on Argentina or Brazil.

That said I would class teams like Chile and Belgium as dark horses.

England on the other hand will probably struggle to get out of the group stages.

I'm with Dup. As much as I'd like to see Brazil win it, I have a sneaky suspicion about Argentina. Frightening thing is you could take Messi out of the lineup, and they'd still be pretty tasty.

Though I will be supporting the Three Lions with my head and heart as long as they are in, until the inevitable defeat on penalties. And being an Englishman living in Wales at this time of year is just plain bizarre. Oh well, if I get any stick, I'll just say, "try qualifying for something!!!!" in return...

Fucking, Neymar. Should have been sent off.

Huh, did I miss something? What did he do?

Quick EDIT: that was NEVER a penalty. Giving one as easily as that is going to set a very dangerous precedent. And what the hell was Neymar doing with all that damn dancing?

Tell you what, Brazil have been very unconvincing today so far. Lucky for them that Croatia have been poor, a better side would give them serious problems if they continue to play like this.

And where the hell are the samba drums? I know people were pissed off with the vuvuzelas last time, but seeing a home Brazilian football crowd without hearing the samba drums playing is just plain sterile and weird.

That penalty was definitely undeserved. Croatia have had a good attack in the last 15 minutes.

/edit

That Brazil goal was such a giveaway.

I wasn't expecting Croatia to win, but I pat them on the back for effort.

I think Germany to win it. If Brazil finish first in their group, they will most likely have to play either netherlands or spain in first round of KOs. They've got a tough lineup. Can't see England getting out of the groups to be honest.

Good god.

That last Robben goal, he fucked up Ramos in all sorts of ways, talk about leaving your opponent behind...

I'm pleased to see our spanish football overlords getting trashed.

Van Persies header was lethal, that goal gave them the confidence, Spain are looking very average, you play too many over 30s and this what happens, if they had Mata and Fabregas in there today, it would be a different story I reckon.

Still lets see what England can do tomorrow.

*sigh*

Australia's world cup is probably over after 13 minutes. 2-0 to Chile.

Edit: 2-1 at half time. Surprisingly, Chile went quiet in the last 15 minutes of the half. If Australia can start well in the second half, we can likely at least salvage a draw.

3-1 at full time :( At least we are ahead of Spain in our group!

We were the better side for all of the second half. The ref made come absolutely terrible decisions, and if a few had gone our way instead, things would be different.

Chile will have to improve a lot if they are going to challenge The Netherlands, although their next game against Spain might be close if Spain continue being retarded.