McGarry

GTA V Serious and Unserious aspects.

I would love to see lots of serious and unserious things in GTA V. Not "unserious" as in Saints Row style but like dismembering people, myths, insane vehicle and weapon customisation, etc.

Serious things like plane crashes, car crashes, murders, etc.

How "serious" and "unserious" do you think GTA V will be?

Edited by TreeFitty
/less of a wishlist topic

Guest Marney1

It's going to interesting to see how Rockstar do this because from what we've seen in the first trailer it all looks pretty serious. At the moment I can't imagine beating people up in the street without it all looking a bit too real.

It's going to interesting to see how Rockstar do this because from what we've seen in the first trailer it all looks pretty serious. At the moment I can't imagine beating people up in the street without it all looking a bit too real.

That's just a scary thought. The more I think about it, there are clearly going to be big changes as they sort of stated, it's because of this I dont know whether to be excited or scared...lol

I hope the tone is similar to that of Red Dead Redemption. It was largely humorous throughout (and no doubt GTA V will up the satire) but had its poignant and introspective moments, like Dutch van der Linde's last scene. Having said that, I hope this GTA manages to conjure something more evocative with its main story; the the death of either Roman or Kate didn't feel at all shocking or devastating, just shallow.

It's a tough balance. Dan Houser seems to be too caught up in his wit to bring something emotional to the table.

I FUCKING repeat...

I agree. The first trailer seemed to dull imo. I didn't lul or grin or anything. I hope there are funny encounters in this game. Maybe they could add 2 twins, 1 fat, 1 skinny, who do alot of back & forth for comic relief.

Why is car modification unserious while shooting a pedestrian while riding a moped wearing a clownsuit is serious?

For the unserious aspects of the game, i'd like to see dildo suits and cheats return. But especiallly the dildo suit. then you could run in to peds, killing them with the massive fake phallus swinging from your apparel of fasion. Imagine the gameplay mechanics.

shouldn't this topic be merged with the "What are you looking for in GTA 5?" topic, massacre? <_<.

TF edit: Or we just get rid of the posts that fit there instead of here.

Edited by TreeFitty
derp

/moved the wishlist posts to the wishlist topic

/edited OP to be less of a wishlist topic and more of a useful discussion

As for seriousness or not, I'm certain Rockstar will stick to a serious tone for the story/plot with litte instances of comic relief. Basically the same as IV with Roman. Of course there will be humorous things such as advertisements and such. Rockstar loves dick jokes so there will be plenty of those.

Haven't you made this topic before?

Yes, but my old account got closed down for some reason. So I remade it on this account.

I hope the tone is similar to that of Red Dead Redemption. It was largely humorous throughout (and no doubt GTA V will up the satire) but had its poignant and introspective moments, like Dutch van der Linde's last scene. Having said that, I hope this GTA manages to conjure something more evocative with its main story; the the death of either Roman or Kate didn't feel at all shocking or devastating, just shallow.

It's a tough balance. Dan Houser seems to be too caught up in his wit to bring something emotional to the table.

I agree. The whole Roman and Kate thing was shallow as you said.

Once Dimitri asked you to work with him or not, you knew something would deffinetly happen to Roman. I must admit, I was a bit shocked at Kate's death. I was sorta thinking Mallorie.

Why is car modification unserious while shooting a pedestrian while riding a moped wearing a clownsuit is serious?

For the unserious aspects of the game, i'd like to see dildo suits and cheats return. But especiallly the dildo suit. then you could run in to peds, killing them with the massive fake phallus swinging from your apparel of fasion. Imagine the gameplay mechanics.

shouldn't this topic be merged with the "What are you looking for in GTA 5?" topic, massacre? <_<.

That would be hilarious!! I would like the cheats where you pressed buttons back. NOT those dumbass phone numbers!!

That would be hilarious!! I would like the cheats where you pressed buttons back. NOT those dumbass phone numbers!!

I wouldn't mind the phone cheats again as long as we can still run and manoeuvre while using the phone, or AT LEAST don't force the player to put it away after getting shot. That was A pain. <_<

I didn't like the phone because:

1. It took long to navigate

2. You had to scroll through cheats

3. You couldn't run with it

4. You put it away when you got shot

I would prefer button codes, or in PC just a window that you enter the cheats into.

I didn't like the phone because:

1. It took long to navigate

2. You had to scroll through cheats

3. You couldn't run with it

4. You put it away when you got shot

I would prefer button codes, or in PC just a window that you enter the cheats into.

Exactly, I always loved entering the bu

I really liked the laid back unseriousness of GTA SA and it made the game feel complete, but there were some serious parts in it to make it a good game rather than saints row bullshit, and I think R* will be able to achieve this again :)

I really liked the laid back unseriousness of GTA SA and it made the game feel complete, but there were some serious parts in it to make it a good game rather than saints row bullshit, and I think R* will be able to achieve this again :)

Trust me, I hope so to.

I want a serious story and some fun cheats that would be great

I wouldn't mind some unserious parts in the story. I thought TBoGT story was a bit too supernatural, and I don't want unserious as in some guy getting murder by a gaint purple dildo or sufficating on a condom.

I feel that I would enjoy gta 5 the most If it had the serious parts that made ya feel like a badass, but then, when you're not on a mission, the mood would change to a happy medium between the mood of gta4 (minus the depression) and the fun of San andreas

I feel that I would enjoy gta 5 the most If it had the serious parts that made ya feel like a badass, but then, when you're not on a mission, the mood would change to a happy medium between the mood of gta4 (minus the depression) and the fun of San andreas

Yeah I like the ability to "set the atmosphere" when not on a mission. Be it comedic, badass, serious or whatever. That is very important, as the majority of the time will be set out of missions.

Grand Theft Auto 4 was to the point where every radio station, every sign for a building, and every civilian was so un-serious that it just got annoying and to be honest, none of the," un-seriousness" was even funny. BESIDES THE, "Welcome to burger shot motherfucker"! quote! I want Grand Theft Auto 5 to be absolutely serious, so that instead of listening to radio stations where all they talk about is how gay YOU the player is for listening to the staion, or how some guy is a homosexual. And when you shoot, civilians shouldn't scream, "I dropped my nachos" they should scream, "Call the police" and run. Also instead of gay ass signs like, "Get-a-Life" have signs that sound like a legit company. FFS

This is a little off topic but I found a leaked photo.

Lol, no. Not even going to bother pointing out why that is so obviously not GTA V. You should know better. I am very disappointed in you.