Sign in to follow this  
CaPn bOnEs

Crysis 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGxw_Csh0uQ

the official launch trailer was just released and i am loving every second of it!! :D... the crossbow is gonna add another element to sneak i think... kinda curious to see what other uses they have for it as it looks like a gun that transforms into a crossbow when needed...

cryisis has quickly become my favorite FPS and that's saying something since i really don't care for the genre all that much... but this game is almost like a sandbox version of a FPS... sure you're on a linear path, but when you reach a battle zone, you are given free reign on how you want to tackle it... sneak around the action?? run into the middle of it?? snipe from a vantage point?? a combination of all the above?? they even map out the tactical options for you so you can choose how you want to handle the current situation...

yea, it's a long ways away, but i am still excited... perhaps until then i will buy and beat the 1st crysis... i was never able to play it since it was a PC game for the longest time... but they re-released them in the network stores so i am gonna buy it someday soon... and i do plan on buying crysis 2 as well so i can beat that again... crysis 2 was the one that made me a fan of it's unique approach the the genre...

this screenshot still gets me every time :D ;

crysis-2-20110323114741440.jpg

that's really what grabs my attention when it comes to FPS'ers... it's gotta be unique, and not a mindless shooter...

I'm not an FPS fan myself..except for Medal of Honor, so most of the time I overlook games like these. It really does look amazing and the sandbox feature you mentioned is appealing. Might have to rent the first one. Im curious as to how gripping the story is because thats the main thing that holds my attention with FPS's.

not too shabby... it's an alien invasion kind of story... you wear a super nano-suit that turns whoever wears it into a superhuman... the aliens showed up somewhere in korea i think, looking to take over our planet for the obvious reasons; resources and a place to inhabit... you're one of the last remaining hopes of fighting off the aliens, but if we're on game 3 already, hope is becoming a distant thought... and now you're being sent into the liberty zone to try and finish off the new york threat from the second game, even though it seemed like you made great strides at that in the 2nd one...

something tells me there's still a threat in other places, but the new york threat probably holds a key piece to the puzzle... and the fucking graphics are fucking amazing to me... the world looks so lifelike...

I have the first one on 360 and haven't come anywhere close to finishing it. I'm going to get it done by 2013 at least and have to crack into crysis 2 as I got about 2 hours in and just couldn't get into it. I was fed up with the pacing at the beginning and I read and have been told it gets awesome after about 3-4 hours. I really like the scifi of the story. I hope crysis 3 doesn't have that pacing issue and just jumps us right in there!

Also just want to say that trailer looks amazing. I'm going to watch it in HD when I get home

apparently that trailer i posted above is only 1/7th of the games environment... that's the swamp lands... the big apple has been divided into 7 wonders, which represent 7 bio domes, each with their own environment... are they running experiments or something?? dunno why there's 7 domes in manhatten, but there's gonna be a lot of variety in each one, that's for sure... and it also takes place a dozen or more years after crysis 2...

EDIT: ohh, screenshot :D...

Crysis3Key.png

lulz... yea that head is definitely down... let's just say i've already seen where it landed already ;)... but i am certain that when i see it again, the world is gonna look completely different... these aliens were quite fast at building their environment, i would imagine the areas i might re-visit will look nothing like they did in crysis 2... that game was the invasion of manhatten, 3 is dealing with the well established threat it seems...

i kinda want to play the 1st game now myself, see where it all began... i am gonna buy it through the playstation store soon...

Just watched that trailer in HD. My god that looks amazing! I love the swamp details, like all the water and buildings broken down. The gameplay looks solid again as the crysis games has been. I am just taken aback by how gorgeous the graphics are. Day 1 for me

*goes back to watching trailer*

this looks like a world designers dream game, 7 different environments all packed into an urban jungle called, "manhatten"... yea, lucky bastard indeed :D... you'll have to find out which one he helped work on as i am sure each environment has it's own team...

this looks like a world designers dream game, 7 different environments all packed into an urban jungle called, "manhatten"... yea, lucky bastard indeed :D... you'll have to find out which one he helped work on as i am sure each environment has it's own team...

I think there is only one environment team for the main game. My friend works in Nottingham team on the multiplayer maps, not as awesome, but still a brilliant job straight out of uni never the less. The Crysis engine is a brilliant engine to work in, I have the most recent release, and have plonked some assets into it.

The fact that I am intrigued by this game solely because of that compound bow means that I have been playing way too much Skyrim. More games need bows. Fallout, for example.

i started with the 2nd one, and you'd already know that if you read the posts... i haven't even played the 1st one but i plan to soon... 3 probably relates more to crysis 2, so that definitely should be played if you can't play the first one... but this isn't coming out for another year so you've got a long time to go... might as well start with the 1st one...