Sign in to follow this  
Anderlation

Developer loyalty?

So I was thinking about this on my drive home from work. Do you guys have developer loyalty? Like rockstar for instance, most of my games are rockstar (they are a great developer that's never let me down) Also if you do have developer loyalty which developers are they?

Mine:

Rockstar

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

• Like 1

Developers that make a name for themselves tend to attract loyal customers. Developers like Rockstar Games try to build upon this by using their trademark sandbox style or third person action mechanics which are themed through-out recent games.

I'd say i'm pretty loyal to:

R* Games - All their games have an impact on me.

Naughty Dog - Uncharted, mostly.

Bethesda Softworks- Most of their games appeal to me.

Ubisoft - They have a wide selection of games that i enjoy, for example: Assassins Creed, Rayman.

Obviously some devs produce more of the kind of games that I like to play than others, but I wouldn't go to the extent that I would limit myself as to which games I buy just because of the name on the box.

Anything by Rockstar Games is guaranteed to be good. They seriously don't mess around and don't release something that isn't the best they could make it.

Naughty Dog are awesome too. Crash Bandicoot was one of my most played games as a kid, and Uncharted is one of my favourite game series' behind GTA - BUT I wouldn't get a game just because it was Naughty Dog, whereas I would for R*.

Halfbrick are great for iOS apps too and I have nearly all of their games and would trust anything else they produce to be good.

rockstar games and bethesda studios make games i like... i don't think there's a loyalty to anything outside of that... perhaps maxis, but they're no loner together... but i loved all the "sim" games like the sims, sim city and to an extent, spore...

if i am looking at publisher loyalty, i think 80% of my games are EA games... gotta give them some credit, they've repaired their image the past few years... sure they still pump out yearly sports games, but the rest of their arsenal's quality has improved... other publishers like activision are becoming the old "EA", crap for profits...

R* and Bethesda are guaranteed to produce brilliant games, which is why I buy all of their releases. But there's also Ubisoft with the Tom Clancy series and Assassins Creed etc. As stated above, I wouldn't limit myself to just these developers though.

I know what you mean about limiting but its just these companies haven't let me down (uncharted 1 was my first Naughty dog title)

I check games that peak my interest. I just seem to pick up quite a few titles that let me down that aren't any of the companies I listed.

The only company I really buy almost every game from is Rockstar. I love games like Assasins creed, but I don't have any other Ubisoft games, and I never played any Bethesda games except Skyrim (which I loved) But since I've only played one of their games, I hardly classify as loyal. However, I will almost definitely buy the next TES, whenever it comes out in the distant future.