Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Portal 2

it's a rental for me, someday this summer... it never interested me but, i have a friend that owns it for the PC and i'd love to try out the cross-platform online... but i am not really interested in the game itself...

I had it preordered since February but cancelled it last week after one of the top brass said the singleplayer would take 6 hours to complete. Not good enough imo and certainly not worth £35.

I might buy it when it hits like £20 or I might rent it some time, but I'm not buying it new.

Guest Marney1

That's a real shame, looks like good fun too. Probably just buy it second hand then sell it back when I'm done. I've never rented because I can never guarantee myself a time slot to concentrate on a game.

Also:

:huh:

If you buy the ps3 version, you get the pc version free through steam :) Does anyone know if this is co-op two player or only one player co-op with AI?

If it is two player, i might swing towards buying it sooner.

How can they justify the price tag for a 5 hour game, oh there's co-op, honestly this social gaming bullshit like co-op has never interested me. Multiplayer isn't too bad, but co-op, I've always felt there's something wrong with that. I guess too much organisation required for that.

• Like 1

I really liked the game, especially the parts in the old Aperture Labs. Cave Johnson is awesome!

"Now some of you might be asking, 'Am I in any danger? What was in that phone book of a contract I just signed?' Well let me answer those questions with a question. Who wants to make sixty bucks? Cash. And get to relax in the waiting room for up to twenty minutes...it's a hell of a sight more comfortable then the park benches you were sleeping on."

How can they justify the price tag for a 5 hour game, oh there's co-op, honestly this social gaming bullshit like co-op has never interested me. Multiplayer isn't too bad, but co-op, I've always felt there's something wrong with that. I guess too much organisation required for that.

Co-op is fun if you have a best friend or a girlfriend that wants to play it with you. I've always prefered offline co-op to online.

I imagine a game like Portal could be pretty annoying to coordinate. Aside from playing Gears of War split-screen co-op either with someone who knows what they're doing, or someone who'll follow my instructions to the letter, I don't even touch multiplayer. Not worth the headache.

Positive rep for you, sir, both for multiplayer-hating and game price vs. game length ranting.

5 hour game? Really? Steam says I've played for 5 hours at the moment, but it hasn't synced with my PS3 since the 20th because of the PSN being down. I've now finished the story, it must have taken me at least 8 or 9 hours, probably more. Haven't even had the chance to try co-op yet, so I do feel like I'm getting my money's worth. The singleplayer was incredible and from what I've seen of the co-op (which in itself is suppposed to be of a similar length to the SP) it could be a lot of fun with a good partner.

Oh, and that fucking ending. :drool::fap:

I still haven't completed the single player. But then again i haven't played it any more than 2 hours each day since i bought it.

I'm having a blast though. I'm a little stuck at the moment on some gel puzzle, but i wont give in to any walkthrough because this game is one of those games that will be ruined by watching them.

Did anyone here complete it on their own merit?

I finally got around to completing both co-op and single player last night. i was playing hem side by side since release, so took me a little longer i guess... Either that or I'm mentally retarded xD

Final Thoughts:

The single player was pretty immense all the way through. i loved the witty and sarcastic voice talent from start to finish. it made a linear puzzle game a lot more fun. The puzzles got progressively more challenging with the odd puzzle I got instantly here and there. I really enjoyed the ending too!

The co-op game-play was surprisingly more challenging than the single player but also very fun. i played co-op offline so it was much easier to communicate, I'm guessing online it would be much harder, especially if you don't have mics. There were times where my co-op player and myself ended up arguing (My misses) because one wasn't doing it right. But it wasn't that much of an issue once we both understood the way the puzzle worked.

Overall the single player and co-op were both lengthy in-terms of first person games. And I'd say they were about the same length. MUCH longer than the first one anyway.

I'd rate it a decent 9/10

I just ordered this for PC.

The PSN is down and I saved like $20, so I figured getting it for PC was a pretty good choice.

I'll let everyone know my thoughts next week when I finally get to play it.

Honestly have no idea what the hype about this game about, it's almost exactly the same as Portal 1. Save a few little extra things like that weird paint and such. The puzzles never took more than 10 mins to do, but most less than a few. But I guess I'm only about 3/4 of the way through. Also it's got a nasty crash to desktop problem, what the fuck is this, the mid-2000's all over again?

I'm glad I'm er, borrowing this off a friend

I never had it crash to my desktop.

I played this game and I'm pretty happy with it. I would say that in a way it's worth the $40 I paid for it, but then again it was kind of short so I'm not sure how I feel about that. The game seems to be on sale for $30 so I probably should have waited a few days to get it. The characters were all pretty spot on and did great voice-work, and even after I played the game for a few hours I still got that tingly feeling from flying through and jumping from great heights. The puzzles aren't' that hard to figure out, most of them you can do really quick, and there's a few that you have to think about and try for a little bit. I think I only got stuck like once or twice but it was for sort of dumb reasons (in hindsight). I haven't played Co-op yet, I'm just waiting for the PSN to get back online and then me and a friend from school are going play that out.

They could have expanded on the scope abit more I think, it's really more of the same. Although I guess in a sense, it is somewhat limited and most of the hype was about the co-op, It's unfortunate that these days they focus on social gaming gimmicks .....it's not a bad game, it's still cool. Just not anywhere near the level of hype.

I think only Rockstar know how to do singleplayer these days, seriously