Sign in to follow this  
coco_mobsta2

should you have a gender choice in gta

Serious answer: No, definitely not. Character creation leads to lack of a gripping and compelling backstory for the protag and as a result you don't become attached to them.

Humourous answer: YES! They should have sex change clinics in the game so you can change gender at any point, wouldn't that be cool??!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

I wouldn't mind A female protag. As long as she's bad ass and hot. Not R*s definition of hot though. Im talking Sofia Vergara hot, Im talking Torrie Wilson (early 2000's) hot, Im talking THICK hot. Not toothpick, brittish model (no offence), Blake Livley hot. I want her to be something like Michelle Rodriguez from TF&TF or F&F.

Personality: Sorta

Body: Way off

Way, way off

Did you even see the target?

*doesn't really get it*

Or how about you can choose what gender you can be? Oh no wait...

It is a bit sexist to not have a woman, I mean maybe for just one mission you could play as a sexy, kick ass woman.

By target I meant my ideal female protags physical appearance.

How about the protag has a daughter that you can play with after you complete the game. DO NOT force us to use her though.

How about the protag has a daughter that you can play with after you complete the game. DO NOT force us to use her though.

Lame, would detract from the story. And if you weren't forced, I don't think anyone would play her unless they want to check dat ass.

Lame, would detract from the story. And if you weren't forced, I don't think anyone would play her unless they want to check dat ass.

Dude, whats happened to you? Your replies lately make little sense. How would unlocking a playable female character AFTER you beat the main story detract from the story? Im sure the thousands of female GTA fans might choose to play as her if shes cool enough. No need to force anything.

Dude, whats happened to you? Your replies lately make little sense. How would unlocking a playable female character AFTER you beat the main story detract from the story? Im sure the thousands of female GTA fans might choose to play as her if shes cool enough. No need to force anything.

How would it not?

Here, you just played a game and got enthralled by one character, have this character instead.

How would it not?

Here, you just played a game and got enthralled by one character, have this character instead.

Okay, I get it. You wouldn't want to play as one of the other main characters in the game after beating it. Makes sense. Its no different than playing as Bonnie Macfarlane or Abigale Marston in RDR MP, or Elena or Chloe in Uncharted. Wouldn't you play as Lil'Jacob or a random ped if you unlocked them?

Do you seriously just disagree with me constantly just for the hell of it? I know you know Im right. -_-

How would it not?

Okay, I get it. You wouldn't want to play as one of the other main characters in the game after beating it. Makes sense. Its no different than playing as Bonnie Macfarlane or Abigale Marston in RDR MP, or Elena or Chloe in Uncharted. Wouldn't you play as Lil'Jacob or a random ped if you unlocked them?

Do you seriously just disagree with me constantly just for the hell of it? I know you know Im right. -_-

Personally no. Why would I ever want to play an entire game as a likeable character to have the option of a character who would have no story and thus no emotional connection.

San An Studios gave you the options to play as other characters (Ctrl+S) and the only time I used that was for machinima.

Since when does only one character have A backstory in GTA? Besides thats your personal opinion. I would have played as Ryder if given the chance in GTA SA.

Have you ever played Uncharted before? Yes? Hav'nt you noticed the majority of players that aren't using Drake? There using other characters that they've come to love over the years just as much as Drake. It's the same thing with other games too. Besides, I know alot of ppl who rather play as Packie than Niko any day.

Dammit Ku Zi Mu, that sig is borderline NSFW, whenever I read your posts now I have to make sure it's not visible...

Anyway to stay on topic, too high a level of customization would ruin the game, same with too low. In GTA IV it was far too low, but the level of SR3 with race, gender and facial customization is far too high. There has to be a balance. San Andreas is a pretty good build for customization in my opinion, but maybe it could be expanded even more in V.

Dammit Ku Zi Mu, that sig is borderline NSFW, whenever I read your posts now I have to make sure it's not visible...

Anyway to stay on topic, too high a level of customization would ruin the game, same with too low. In GTA IV it was far too low, but the level of SR3 with race, gender and facial customization is far too high. There has to be a balance. San Andreas is a pretty good build for customization in my opinion, but maybe it could be expanded even more in V.

I agree. Gender customization is to much. Character skin unlockables is fine with me though.

lol No. I mean different character models. Like using Jacobs character model while playing GTAIV.

To be more on topic though. I would like to see a female character in the game with a bigger part in GTAV. Some badass bikerchick who actually helps you in missions rather than scream and bitch in the background like Catalina.