Sign in to follow this  
angeal18

Tupac Returns 2012 (Sort of)

That is awesome, wish I could have been there. The ending was sick, sent a chill through my spine. It almost felt as if Pac was alive again for 5 minutes, then back to reality...

His walking seems off, like he's sliding on the floor.

It also looks way more realistic before the other guy came on stage...a real person in the shot ruin the effect.

Yeah it was obvious it was a hologram with all the sliding around.

How did they make him say 'coachella"? He wasn't alive at the time it was created, so I doubt he ever shouted it like that. Computer generated voice...?

Maybe a pac "sound-alike" recorded in an ampitheater to get a reverb effect?

Damn that would have been amazing to be there.

Could've been this guy, he sounds almost identical to 2pac

New Headline: Tupac dead again! Power went out! Family to release another 20 albums!

I'd say Diddy would be working on a Biggie hologram now, but they'd need 10 power stations working at full capacity to generate his gigantic arse.

• Like 2

i don't know but dr. dre spent a shitload of money on it... i get this eerie feeling that people will literally fill a stadium to watch a holographic elvis perform... why do i feel like we're about to be hit with concerts from dead people, like the grateful dead??

Not new technology either.

"Musion® Eyeliner™ System was the holographic projection technology behind the 3D animation of the popular animated band Gorillaz, who performed 'live' at the Grammy Awards 2006. What's even more surprising is that the Eyeliner™ System also re-created a virtual Madonna, who performed her hit single Hung up on the same 3D stage.

Both the live and TV audiences who watched the performance had no clue that what they were watching at least in the first few minutes of Madonna's performance was just virtual reality.

The Grammys performance was a variation on the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon, with the added attraction of a virtual superstar. Yes, that's right. The Madonna you saw on stage with Gorillaz at the Grammys was a virtual as her cartoon counterparts. However, the rappers from De La Soul who came onstage were, in fact, the real deal."

i don't know but dr. dre spent a shitload of money on it... i get this eerie feeling that people will literally fill a stadium to watch a holographic elvis perform... why do i feel like we're about to be hit with concerts from dead people, like the grateful dead??

I was thinking the same thing. If it gets cheap enough it might put Elvis and Beatles impersonators out of business!