'hold the door!" 

Michaelscottfacepalm1.gif

good episode tho, advanced some stories that needed a little kick in the butt...

Ya, holy fucking mother fuck, that was depressing.

• Like 1

Was that stuff in the books? Or is it spooned off

Some of it was new, and some of it was re-arranged like different characters and circumstances. The White Walker origin story played out differently.

Also i forgot to mention how unnecessarily close-up that dick shot was... on a large 4k screen, that a lot of cock coverage.

Been watching GoT over again because my mum and sister are now watching it and there as a lot of interesting signs they show which you wouldn't see without watching it back. If you get a chance definitely do it.

Also watching other people see it all for the first time is pretty fun, the guesses they make about what will happen is hilarious.

Lol or "Jon is totally going to be a white walker..." "I really like Olly, poor boy"... "I hope they kill the red woman"... :/

I thought that fool was dead. Glad to have him back.

i think she was definately stabbed, but she ain't dead. Some other group is going to take her in. The actress maybe.

she named the leader of the nameless to her 3rd wish a long time ago and never took it back... some think he might be testing that bitch who hates arya and disguised himself as her... because that bitch was getting super personal about the issue, and we all know how the leader feels about that... 

S06E08:

The episode had some interesting story development, but i felt overall it was unsatisfactory.

Arya's "Final Test" felt like it fell a bit flat. The whole innocent helpless amateur just felt so over the top, and when she did finally lure her to the needle, we didn't even get to see anything... Even relighting the candle or her walking out into the light with her face in her hand would have made it that more impactfull.

The return of the Mother of Dragons... felt like a cheap budget Saturday Night live cameo entrance. An obvious thud on the roof, followed by her cheesy swagger in to the pyramid. You only got to see a low budget out of focus Drogon flying off in the background. Talk about a scrimp scene.

• Like 1

On June 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM, DuPz0r said:

S06E08:

Hide contents

The episode had some interesting story development, but i felt overall it was unsatisfactory.

Arya's "Final Test" felt like it fell a bit flat. The whole innocent helpless amateur just felt so over the top, and when she did finally lure her to the needle, we didn't even get to see anything... Even relighting the candle or her walking out into the light with her face in her hand would have made it that more impactfull.

The return of the Mother of Dragons... felt like a cheap budget Saturday Night live cameo entrance. An obvious thud on the roof, followed by her cheesy swagger in to the pyramid. You only got to see a low budget out of focus Drogon flying off in the background. Talk about a scrimp scene.

horrible writing in that episode, unimagined setup

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM, bOnEs said:

wow, dup... harsh :D... i thought it was pretty good, i can't wait to see this week's episode tho!!!

Yeah man, after reading the books you really appreciate the writing, and see how rushed the show actually is.

To be honest I don't know how some people understand half the character's stories from only watching the show, some of it is so vague, and they expect you to know everything from the books.

I'm not a fan of the pacing of the show either. One minute a character is walking across the wilderness for 4 to 5 episodes, and other times they teleport half the way across Westeros in just one episode. I guess GoT is a hard one to translate to TV.

I do enjoy the show though. And i am really looking forward to "The Battle of the Bastards" and the prospects for the final episode.

Maybe we will see the death of

Tommen the Weak. Cersi's trial could get heated... by wildfire ;)

I couldn't agree more, Dup - sometimes I'll pause it and give a super quick backgrounder on the House or characters to my man while we're watching, cause I just don't see how you could appreciate it all without the context you get from the books... The pacing is absolute shit, they have 5 books' worth of storyline, each averaging 900 pages, and the show basically rushed right through all of it. I do get that you can't have that many characters in a TV show, but they easily could have gotten two seasons per book without even trying. 

The show is fun to watch and beautiful, but the books are still way better because the story is complete and intact.  

• Like 1

meh, i see what you're getting at, but i am getting enough from the TV series... sometimes tho they throw a character at you and you're just suppose to remember them, which confuses me at times... but i never read the books, so for me, this is exciting... nothing ever lives up to the books apparently, lol... i just enjoy it for what it is... highly entertaining...

btw, bastard bowl is upon us!!!

13507270_10157096159385607_1660957804287577334_n.jpg

:D 

---

---

oh man, great episode!! spoilers obviously :P...

ramsey dies at the paws of his friends, and dany triumphantly takes back meereen and builds her army a little bigger... it was two epic battles that felt satisfying... seriously, it's gotta be one of the first times i've watched an episode and all the people you root for win in the end... man that ramsey death was so satisfying...

next week its on to the final part of the kings landing story... this season just might end on a final note as it sails into it's final two seasons... i don't foresee a cliffhanger, then again, you never know with TV nowadays ;)... but i feel like there's been a number of seasons that ended and set up new chapters for the next season... we went into season 6 seeing jon snow dead, it's quite the cliffhanger, i don't think they'll ever top that one...

HOLY MOTHER OF DRAGONS, that was satisfying! That weak episode 8 was just to make episode 9 look all the more better, and damn that made up for it!

Even though the plot was predictable, the episode was fucking intense. I loved every second of it...

The dragons, the killing of the slavers. It was just satisfying to see the dragons rolling together and actually burning shit up as team! And that Daenerys/Drogon selfie shot! Haha awesome!

The main event... Battle of the Bastards... When Ramsey drew out Jon Snow like that, i was on the edge of my seat shouting "YOU FUCKING AMATURE, STOP LETTING RAGE GUIDE YOU!" lol. Then that isolated scene where Snow was outnumbered, then suddenly his entire Armada smashed through past him... That felt like i was watching a retelling of a story from History where the odds were against him. Fucking amazing scene.

Then the Spartan formation around them was such a claustrophobic moment i'm sure i forgot to breath a coupleof times.

Finally seeing the giant getting downed by Ramsey was a sad moment, but as soon as Snow got him down i was sure he would smash his head to a squishy pulp... glad he didn't, because Sansa deserved the final say, that hound death was probably one of my most satisfying moments in GoT EVER!

Fucking buzzing from the episode still. I might have to rewatch it!

• Like 2

This season has been on the slow side with minor "OMG" moments up until this episode. This episode was great. I heard there will only be 7 episodes in series 7 which is a little shit. 

I I really hope they have arya in the next episode, really enjoying her story. 

• Like 1

TBH, i find this season to be faster paced than previous seasons... i actually like it, some episodes would put me to sleep dragging on with dialog, but the stories have been moving quickly this season... and yes, next season, and the season after it will be 7 episodes... but they are also the final 2 seasons :o... at least that's what i read somewhere... you can tell in the show that they're starting to tighten up the world and starting to funnel the stories into a main focus instead of wondering if they'll ever get out of what they're doing... this next episode should tie up another loose end, storywise, and then we'll be spending a year wondering where they'll take it next B) 

I made sure to watch it last night, since spoiler discussion is hard to avoid on our rowdy drunken crew nights.

Episode 9 made me weep for joy. It's fascinating to see how separate events occurring in far corners of the map will potentially link together.

• Like 1

I watched it again today and that BotB scene was still as good as it was the first time i watched it, just without the surprise element. They really couldn't have wrote it better.

My only fear now is...

...that the underdogs have finally prevailed after being kicked down so many times over six seasons, that there won't be a single scene as satisfying as BotB fornthe rest of the show.