Just watched season two last weekend, now I'm re-reading book two. My recent TV/internet upgrade means I have HBO. I can't get over the high production values of this series, simply excellent.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

Dio, get minecraft if you haven't got it!

IDK man I've seen my buddy play minecraft a few times. Didn't see what was so special about it

The first ep aired. Surprised no one has posted yet.

It was pretty good. I felt they should have started off with more epic battles or something. Just to start strong

It was a solid opener, not as action packed at the Battle of Blackwater Bay but solid nevertheless.

The only thing that I hated was

The guy who introduced himself to Dany, he has not been since season 1. It seems that every scene in the GOT matters

The next episode should be good, looking forward to what happened to

Theon Greyjoy and the Stark children

icon11.gif

Dio, get minecraft if you haven't got it!

IDK man I've seen my buddy play minecraft a few times. Didn't see what was so special about it

The first ep aired. Surprised no one has posted yet.

It was pretty good. I felt they should have started off with more epic battles or something. Just to start strong

Thr first episode played out exactly as it does in the book, so they're just keeping it real, which I like.

^Brilliant! I love the theme music as much as the opening title sequences. I was talking about the show with people at work, one guy just laughed when I gushed about the animated map, and said he always fast forwards through the beginning...I just looked at him in horror. The music sets the tone and gets you in the right headspace, what a shame to skip it.

I was digging all the things lost in translation during said scene. That and I like to think of our Queen of Dragons as the teenager she is, buying a slave army. Just what every girl needs.

I don't remember that Margaery chick being like this in the books. From tit showing to helping the poor - that's a whole lot of personality that was missing in the books. I'm sure she is meant to do something, but so far into the literature it seems she just stands there, guess that's why she is so different in the tv series.

It's part of the challenge of condensing an almost-thousand page book into one coherent season. Realistically they can't possibly include everything from the books, but they still have to make the story work. So they're rolling several characters' functions into one role, like what they're doing with Sansa and Littlefinger. Tbh I don't remember when the Tyrells were fleshed out, they may just be transplanting future bits of storyline for convenience and flow. Just finishing book 2 (again) and will be rereading book 3 (again) as season 3 progresses.

• Like 1

I have decided I don't like anyone on this show except the midget. Someone who's read the books tell me if the midget dies so I can just stop watching now and save myself the annoyance.

Between Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead, I've had enough of shows where everyone I like gets killed.