I thought Stannis coming to the north was for his personal gain. Maybe trying to generate an army from the freemen or rangers?

of course it is... if he is to rule the 7 kingdoms, he needs to have the blessings of the majority of them, which reside in the north... help protect the wall, and you will show your devotion to the northerners... clearly a power move, but a humane one as well... plus yea, he needs more men to fight for his cause :lol:...

i do like stannis, and his right hand man... i didn't at first because i saw him as another power hungry king clouded by lust... but as time goes on, as with most of the characters, they sway you back and forth into liking them, then hating them... stannis is the closest to being as civil as ned stark... and in this world, that's one of the utmost compliments... but the rest are lost IMO, lol...

except dany of course... her path is set, it's all about time at this point... and her dragons are starting to cause a stir... and word is probably travelling pretty fast about it... she is going to have a hard time convincing the world that she brings freedom when her dragons are fucking shit up all the time...

I like Stannis in the books much more.

They humanize him a lot more.

He seems pretty heartless in the show. I understand they don't have the luxury of spending a great deal of time on character development, but I think they should have given him a little more effort.

i see it in moments of adversity... he's stoic... but i think every character suffers from the short screen time... sometimes you only get to see a few minutes of their story in a couple of episodes... there sure is a lot going on...

if the books diverge from the story i am watching, then why should i read about a different story than the one i am watching?? it would just confuse me even more :lol:... plus, in not staying true to the books, it's surprising those that did read them... he is producing this HBO series, he has creative control i assume...

Most of the characters seem as though I wouldn't like them in the books.

He has a really interesting style of writing. Even though you seriously hate some of the characters, he makes them compelling. In some cases I don't agree with their choices, but can still understand the motivation behind them. In a lot of cases the characters them selves are not happy with the choices they have to make.

They're still pricks though.

• Like 1

For those who enjoy statistics, an NZ professor has applied statistical modelling to predict who will die in the final books... real fans might find this interesting... Me, I'm just bored...

http://www.math.canterbury.ac.nz/~r.vale/got_290814.pdf

• Like 1

telltale's game of thrones game series is gonna be a nice filler in between seasons for me... i am in control of house forrester (not yet introduced on the show), and it plays out just like the TV show... but i am forced to make quick decisions in dialog, which means i've had to make some hasty decisions and i am just not so sure i made the right ones at times :lol:... but with game of thrones in general, i don't think there's a lot of morally good choices to make anyways...

it started and ended on such a bleak note, just like a lot of the episodes did :lol:... i think i this is gonna be a fun ride...

• Like 2

It's a telltale game, there is no wrong decisions. Of course every one you make has different outcomes. They purposefully chuck in tricky options to make it unpredictable. I loved the walking dead series. I will buy this at some point.

• Like 1

A little more than a year away for me :(

What happened to the stand alone HBO?

My cable company says I have to get the top tier subscription, on top of 25/mo for HBO..

yea, that's why i am happy i have a login for HBOGO.. i don't have to worry about that ;)... i wonder if they'll release the show on GO at the same time as the broadcast, or if i have to wait until its over... either way, GoT!!!1!!1!

and apparently, HBONOW wouldn't work for me anyways since i have comcast... apparently they're in a dispute over people who aren't actually paying for HBO... lol, whatever... TV wars are just as bad as console wars...

not available yet...