If you watch closely, just as they start the naughtiness, all the passion often bumps into the corpse - awesome.

That situation has different circumstances in the book, they kind of upped the ick factor in an already odd situation...

Jamie hears news of Joffrey's death before he reaches King's Landing, and isn't recognized by anyone at first upon reaching the city. The first person he seeks, naturally, is Cersei, both to give comfort and show her his missing hand. Yes, their reunion takes place in the sept where she is mourning, but Joffrey's body is laid at the feet of the Stranger, while she prays at the feet of the Mother (the seven aspects are Father, Mother, Warrior, Maid, Smith, Crone, Stranger). While they do have sex in the same room as the corpse, they are NOT right on top of it. The first thing Jamie does upon return is seek out his lover, after not seeing her for months...in the show he's been back for awhile, so that urgency/reunion motivation is lost.

I'm not saying it's normal, but it's handled better in the book, there's more balance in how the "bad guys" are represented.

• Like 1

Is he even meant to be a villain? I never really saw him as one. Guy seems pretty cool, to me.

Even when he was going to kill Ned Stark, he ended their duel when that guard interfered. Total bro move.

Nah, he's not intended to be a villain at all in the books either, can't remember much anymore, but after the whole hand chopped off thing he sort of goes into character development limbo.

Or maybe I'm wrong, anyone that read/remembers it wants to remind me where he goes after this? Spoil me brajs.

Hence my quotation marks around "bad guys"...in the first book/season, you initially think that the Starks are the good guys and the Lannisters are the bad guys, especially after Robert Baratheon's death/murder. There are so many houses vying for the Iron Throne or a piece of it (Targaryen, Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell, Greyjoy)...but all have an arguably strong claim to the throne, so it's not that black and white. And all will be equally fucked if they don't do something about what's going on beyond the Wall.

Jamie is a pretty sympathetic dude from the start in spite of the incest with his bitch-cow of a twin sister, and later his interaction with Brienne of Tarth shows another side of his character, much like the odd couple of Arya and The Hound.

I don't remember off the top of my head where Jamie's storyline goes from here, I need to re-read book 5 again...That said, Martin tends to focus on certain groups of people in one book and save other characters for the next book, their timelines overlap quite a bit. Like Theon Greyjoy doesn't appear in Book 3 at all (covered by Seasons 3 & 4), you don't find out about what Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton, has been doing to him until the fourth book, and even then it takes a while to figure out what's going on and why. So Jamie might show up more in book 6 (unless he catches GoT disease and gets killed off, G.R.R. Martin does seem to like offing people).

finally all caught up B)... i made it thru multiple weddings and multiple funerals... seen the world and with each episode, i'm sucked deeper and deeper into the lore... so to stay a bit on topic i guess i'll reveal my favorite characters...

arya - easily the most likable character in the show... not scared, speaks her mind, puts men in their place all the time, and shows flashes of badassness every now and then... and now she's riding along with another one of my favorites...

the hound - he's a charming guy, and probably the most bad ass badass in all of the land... sure he's scared of fire, but he's also not afraid of a little bloodshed... the scene in the last episode or the 2nd to last where they're in that small village's tavern is fucking priceless and represents exactly why i like him...

tyrion - he's probably the smartest guy on the show, and shines thru as a magnificent actor... but the rest of the cast makes it easy for him, there's a lot of bad acting in this series :lol:... of all the lannisters, he's the only decent one... he seems to be in quite the pickle at the moment, i hope the author doesn't kill him off soon... or his bodyguard bronn, i like him too ;)... his dad is complete evil tho, i like him, but not enough to even crack the list...

and then of course...

dany - throughout the whole series so far, while everyone fights each other across the river, she's spent the entire series building up an army with her dragons... she's a conqueror, a liberator, and smoking hot... she's ruthless when she has to be, and loving when she needs to be... she has strong core values too, something a lot of people in this world don't have... ohh, and dragons too... no one has those

if dany doesn't wipe the floor with her army and those dragons by the end of this series i'll be shocked... if she crossed the river right now, the dragons alone could almost claim the throne single-handidly for her... she by far has the best shot at overtaking king's landing for the throne...

---

honorable mentions are bronn, brianna, hodor, jon, jamie, and tywin... i can't stand that fat sam guy in the crows, or baelish...

• Like 2

At this point in the timeline, the dragons are still not grown enough to ride into battle, FYI.

Also, you should read the books, bOnEs. :yes:

Prince Oberyn is my favourite character at the moment. Lover, poet, warrior.

yea, he's new this season... great, now i have to get to know another new character before his eventual death at some point... i liked his line about how people only enjoy 50% of the pleasure on earth and ignore the other 50%... made sense, especially in westeros where fucking is pretty much the only thing to do outside of battle and drinking..

They don't really fuck a lot in Westeros, they just have to make multiple attempts to fuck, because, as Butters once noted, Game of Thrones is plagued by floppy weiners.

People just keep grinding on each other, hoping someone will eventually get a boner.

• Like 1

They don't really fuck a lot in Westeros, they just have to make multiple attempts to fuck, because, as Butters once noted, Game of Thrones is plagued by floppy weiners.

People just keep grinding on each other, hoping someone will eventually get a boner.

053ca482887a2f733.gif

---

it's been a good run to reach this point tho, my only concern is the wait in between episodes now... and after the next month? i might as well forget about it for a while... too bad it wasn't all just standing there, waiting for me like breaking bad... i won't be able to start the next episode because of a major cliff hanger that ended the last one, like i have for 3 seasons leading up to this point... bummer :(...

i guess it's on to boardwalk empire then :D... that's a series i've been waiting to watch all along... i have the first 4 seasons...

South Park ruined the opening musical score for me. Now every time an episode starts I hear the floppy weiner song.

• Like 2

In response to Kuz's status update conversation about books...No spoilers within, just tags because it's long...

Ku Zi Mu

Shit, I just finished watching S4 Ep 6 of GOT. Now I'll have to wait for the next episode like a normal person... that is unless Massacre lets me borrow his DeLorean...

DuPz0r

Great monologue by Tyrion this episode.

gtagrl

You can borrow my books.

bOnEs

yea, i'm in the same boat kuz... after blazing thru all the episodes, i find it hard to sit and wait for the next one...someone important is about to die next week, i can feel it...

gtagrl

Maybe. Maybe not.

*cough*readthebooks*cough*

bOnEs

you know he's gonna ask his brother to fight for him... someone is gonna die...

gtagrl

I could say so much...but we'll just have to wait till Sunday night. :D

JustAn808

People will read the books when they want to read the books. There are like 2-3 people I work with that have read the books. Every GoT conversation I have with them is about how much I should read the books. Telling me to repeatedly read the books is not going to make me want to read the books lol

gtagrl

If you'd read the books, you wouldn't say that. They are amazing.

JustAn808

Haha yeah. Just never been into reading...

bOnEs

yes yes we ALL know books are better than movies or shows, but that statement is still not gonna get me to read...

JustAn808

^^^

Ku Zi Mu

Well hold up there I'm open to it, but only if there are alot of extra happenings that aren't on the show.

Firm

*reading the books* Just started book 2,so far I feel like I'm wasting my time.

bOnEs

there are.. also, the show changes a few things from the book... like rob's wife for instance... apparently i'm told that's not who he married in the book...

I'm guilty of being one of those 'read the books!' broken-record people in this topic alone. If you've never been into reading like JustAn808 or bOnEs, then you might not be drawn to read them in the first place...whereas I read the books years before it was turned into a show because I happen to like reading, and someone suggested this series to me.

However, I'm not cheerleading for the books because I think books are superior to movies or shows. For me it's all about story. That's one of the reasons I used to work in the performing arts - it was storytelling on a bigger scale. There's an interesting conversation to be had about which medium is best for telling different tales...a film can have a single, sweeping, unbroken, underscored panoramic shot that would take 25 pages to explain in a book. A book can have reams of extra information that provides a deeper understanding of characters, but including it all would make a movie too long. Theatre involves a live performance, a communion between actors, crew and audience; it has a dynamic you can't find in film or books. Then there's TV shows, comic books, graphic novels, audio books, indie videos, music, video games etc...Books have their advantages, and their limitations, just like all the others...I'd never say that books are better. Story matters above all.

@ Kuz - yes, there are a lot of extra happenings in the books that aren't on the show. A lot.

When I first read the books, I had to keep one finger in the appendix at the back that shows the Houses, to keep track of all the characters...there are sooo many people in the books. The books' story has been extremely well adapted (...for the most part...) into a gorgeous TV series with excellent production values. The show collects a master thread of the book story, keeps it together and flowing along, but it's only a toe dipped in the pool here in there. The TV show is like a high-end restaurant's tasting menu, a 30-course meal where each plate holds one single, sublime bite. By comparison, the books are like the 77-course feast at Joffrey and Margaery's wedding.

I know you non-reader types like a good story too, that's one of the reasons you play certain video games. Since you like the GoT story on TV...if you find yourself hankering for more, well there's an indepth, complex, immersive world that G.R.R. Martin has created. To me it's on par with wandering around Skyrim or exploring the Wasteland...the books offer a world to explore with a comparable depth, detail and complexity.

If you can lose yourself in a Bethesda game for 10 straight hours and not even notice, you have the capacity to lose yourself in the books too. You even have the advantage of knowing many of the key characters in advance.

TL:DR

If you're a fan of the show, consider the books even if you're not a reader, because the story is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

I took gtagrl's advice and have started reading the books. I read the first one so far and I'm 5 chapters into the Second one. I only ready about an half an hour at a time... The first book took about 6 months. It was fun reading though.

• Like 1

That must be why...I think last season they did the same, skipped a week because of a holiday. They aired the last three episodes in a row instead, I was pretty miffed.

I just go straight to Wikipedia and search episodes. It generally gives you the air date of the next episode. I too was disappointed because I only have a week to catch up to this point in the books. I have heard this is one of the most amazing written scenes ever, and would really love to read it before I watch it.

yea i got pissed yesterday when i found out... i was expecting my digital copy when someone informed me... this next episode feels like something big is in the works to send the season off proper in a few weeks...